www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 27-02-11, 16:15   #21
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_carroll View Post
This fantastic bug has been performed by no one but Krumpzorz, AFAIK. It's very, very hard. If a player figures out how to do this often (over 1 time in 10), his/her fame would be assured.
I know. I read the speedrunning forum quite often. Though I'm not registered. But I follow all the news of WIP runs.
Old 27-02-11, 16:29   #22
rr_carroll
Bug Scientist

I thought others should be informed (or warned).
rr_carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-11, 16:48   #23
lance6439
Legend

Old 28-02-11, 10:29   #24
xtimz
Historian

Quote:
This fantastic bug has been performed by no one but Krumpzorz, AFAIK. It's very, very hard. If a player figures out how to do this often (over 1 time in 10), his/her fame would be assured.
Forgive my curiosity. I don't want to offend anybody, and I totally believe everyone in tombrunner.net. It doesn't make sense to cheat while making so much effort to speed running.

But I always wonder how could anybody tell something is not a cheat if he/she cannot repeat? For example, I watched a TR4 video long time ago. Lara passed the level-ending trigger of Race for the Iris, mysteriously. How can I tell if this is a cheat or not?
xtimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-11, 11:13   #25
tomee
Tomb Raider

There are misterious triggers around the level everywhere in all the level.
e.g. a speech starts.
It may be cheat tough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4PVtv8nb-o check this out.
It may look as if he's cheating, but he's not. It was performed by him several times (I guess) and a few other members of the speedrunning community.
With a bit of luck/skill everyone can do it.

Also If I remember right, Krumpzorz performed his bug twice
Old 28-02-11, 11:43   #26
Stefy
Student

Does anyone know how to go to the island in the Coastal Village which is backward the begining of the level?
Someone wrote on some YouTube video that you can do that with some bugs, I'd love to know, and a video if it's posible.
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-11, 14:16   #27
rr_carroll
Bug Scientist

You're right, xtimz, if no one can repeat a bug, it's generally considered as unconfirmed. Krumpzorz is a special case, he's practically obsessed with TR3, and has several extremely hard bugs in that game.

Incidentally, the video above is part of a run that's been submitted to Speed Demos Archive for verification. Of course, they don't accept runs with cheats. They inspect actual video, not YouTube uploads, and can easily check individual frames for signs of editing.

About the end of Race for the Iris: I once explored the area beyond end-of-level trigger, but I definitely did it by cheating past the trigger with the position editor.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Does anyone know how to go to the island in the Coastal Village which is backward the begining of the level?
Someone wrote on some YouTube video that you can do that with some bugs, I'd love to know, and a video if it's posible.

This old thread has step-by-step instructions. To comment, don't post in the old thread, come back here.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=110830

Posts by The Great Chi and Chocolate point out that on a PC, the position editor or Fly Cheat can get you there.

Last edited by rr_carroll; 28-02-11 at 14:33.
rr_carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-11, 21:15   #28
Stefy
Student

Quote:
You're right, xtimz, if no one can repeat a bug, it's generally considered as unconfirmed. Krumpzorz is a special case, he's practically obsessed with TR3, and has several extremely hard bugs in that game.

Incidentally, the video above is part of a run that's been submitted to Speed Demos Archive for verification. Of course, they don't accept runs with cheats. They inspect actual video, not YouTube uploads, and can easily check individual frames for signs of editing.

About the end of Race for the Iris: I once explored the area beyond end-of-level trigger, but I definitely did it by cheating past the trigger with the position editor.

Edit:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t.../Pacific31.jpg

This old thread has step-by-step instructions. To comment, don't post in the old thread, come back here.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=110830

Posts by The Great Chi and Chocolate point out that on a PC, the position editor or Fly Cheat can get you there.
Thanks, I did it with the fly patch which I use for the first time now.
Thanks for the answer.
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-11, 22:50   #29
JJV
Historian

Time to dig my old TRIII bugs

Falling Piranhas
T-Rex Glitch 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Maybe when Krumpzorz does the corner bug he somehow activates the trigger that closes the door when Lara goes trough it and therefore the door opens. I don't understand how triggers work very well so I can be totally wrong here
JJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 11:52   #30
xtimz
Historian

Thanks.

I watched the Race to the Iris video again. The timer disappeared, and there is no action to evade the end-of-level trigger at all. I guess he changed something on the map.
xtimz is offline   Reply With Quote