www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 14-01-22, 10:25   #30691
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAID View Post
It's true, side quest like fetch the dice suck big-time.
I know, what were they thinking?

Quests for npcs have no place in my TR world. If they write a strong story and have strong gameplay, they don't need to pad out the game with these kind of things.
Old 14-01-22, 11:28   #30692
Costel
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post

Quests for npcs have no place in my TR world. If they write a strong story and have strong gameplay, they don't need to pad out the game with these kind of things.
True. I wish they ditch side quests and even side collectables like documents and relics. Keep just the side tombs as extra content and expand the main tombs. I remember playing once just the main story for both Rise and Shadow and it takes 5-10 minutes to raid a main tomb all being too linear. The rest of time you spend climbing stuff and shooting bad guys. It is a shame that for a game called Tomb Raider the raiding part is less than the shooting part.
Also both Rise and Shadow are more fun when playing just through the main story without giving a **** about side content.
Old 14-01-22, 13:05   #30693
RAID
Tomb Raider

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
True. I wish they ditch side quests and even side collectables like documents and relics. Keep just the side tombs as extra content and expand the main tombs.

Also both Rise and Shadow are more fun when playing just through the main story without giving a **** about side content.
Yes. I thought I was the only one who hates any form of side quests
Old 14-01-22, 16:36   #30694
OrangeJuice
Archaeologist

the issue isn't the fact that they're fetch quests. pretty much everything in a videogame is (back to the og tomb raider games, it was mostly just a matter of "fetch that key to open this gate").
it's all in the journey: if fetching that damn dice had been fun we would probably have no issue with it.

they have a great engine here with lots of mechanics, it's an incredible tool for creative level design but they almost never use it that way... and when they do, it's always interrupted by forced walking sections, lara explaining everything out loud, wall fissures you have to squeeze through, unskippable uninteresting dialogue with npcs and, worst of all, uneven traversal rules.
Old 18-01-22, 20:33   #30695
malferink
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
the issue isn't the fact that they're fetch quests. pretty much everything in a videogame is (back to the og tomb raider games, it was mostly just a matter of "fetch that key to open this gate").
it's all in the journey: if fetching that damn dice had been fun we would probably have no issue with it.

they have a great engine here with lots of mechanics, it's an incredible tool for creative level design but they almost never use it that way... and when they do, it's always interrupted by forced walking sections, lara explaining everything out loud, wall fissures you have to squeeze through, unskippable uninteresting dialogue with npcs and, worst of all, uneven traversal rules.
This is a really strong point!

Side quests can leave imo, but the documents and relics can be fun/interesting. If there are as much of them as in TR13, and if they are as interesting as most of rise's, I see no problem with them staying.
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-22, 06:15   #30696
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
This is a really strong point!

Side quests can leave imo, but the documents and relics can be fun/interesting. If there are as much of them as in TR13, and if they are as interesting as most of rise's, I see no problem with them staying.
I don't have much a problem either but would be better if they were really hidden next time. Also a real reward when we collect them all, getting a "100%" score isn't enough satisfying in my opinion.
Old 23-01-22, 14:23   #30697
killchan
Professor

Quote:

Quest just needed to be more than a "follow the quest marker" type of deal.
Coming from self-proclaimed developers of modern immersive sims, I expected those quests to at least come with some level of thought process involved.
Not here.
Mission: find the person
Notes: nothing. Just open the map and go there, or press the magic button
Old 24-01-22, 10:18   #30698
RAID
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Quest just needed to be more than a "follow the quest marker" type of deal.
This is something I hate about open world games. I much prefer to be in a confined space and use my brain to solve puzzles and riddles.
Old 08-02-22, 22:15   #30699
Cinzel
Hobbyist

I didn't play Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I saw a let's play on youtube and I feel like I didn't miss anything because the main game is all cutscenes.
Cinzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-22, 03:07   #30700
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinzel View Post
I didn't play Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I saw a let's play on youtube and I feel like I didn't miss anything because the main game is all cutscenes.
This is the case with most games anyway lol. Shadow didn’t have that many cutscenes, whoever played it most likely rushed through everything just to finish the game lol.

Last edited by AntRaidsTombs; 09-02-22 at 03:08.
AntRaidsTombs is online now   Reply With Quote