www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 19-01-22, 12:02   #161
not again!
Archaeologist

^^ You have to duplicate the faces in question and then flip the normals.
It's not an elegant solution, but Blender's double-sided faces unfortunately don't get exported as such when exporting to OBJ etc.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-22, 19:43   #162
AshySlashy
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by turneraider View Post
How do you get double sided faces?
Inside Blender only by duplicating faces, yes, but you can import the model with one-sided faces in WT and make the necessary faces double-sided there.
Old 06-02-22, 11:23   #163
Kubsy
Explorer

hey I need help again.

So I have 6.144 and 1.2000 for my settings (AshySlashy has on blender) and the biggest problem is I am having difficulty of lining up the object on red/green line so it doesn't float or sink under the floor when I import to Tomb Editor.

Anyone has tips on how to that easily?
Old 06-02-22, 17:39   #164
not again!
Archaeologist

^^ You can change perspective with the keys on the numberpad: 1 is front view, 3 is side view and 7 is top view, 9 will invert whichever your current view is. Switching into front or side view should help with getting a clearer view how far above or below ground the model is.

Make sure the Origin of the model is in the center of the grid in Blender. The origin of the model is the anchor point that Tomb Editor / WadTool use for placing the model.
While modeling you can think of the origin as representing the center of a TE floor tile. For example:

If you place that torch holder in the level editor it will conveniently appear about two clicks above ground and at the edge of the floor tile (on the wall) because the point of reference that Tomb Editor uses for placing models is not the mesh itself but the origin.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 09:45   #165
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubsy View Post
hey I need help again.

So I have 6.144 and 1.2000 for my settings (AshySlashy has on blender) and the biggest problem is I am having difficulty of lining up the object on red/green line so it doesn't float or sink under the floor when I import to Tomb Editor.

Anyone has tips on how to that easily?
If you want it to be precise, I can think of two good ways to do this.

Using the Snap tool:
  1. Create a plane at the scene origin (0, 0, 0) to represent your floor.
  2. Turn on Snap by clicking the magnet icon at the top of the viewport.
  3. In the Snap settings (the button right next to the magnet button), set Snap To to Face and Snap With to Closest.
  4. Now, when you move your object, it will snap to the face your mouse cursor is hovering over but we only want it to move in the Z axis, so press G to enter Move mode and then press Z to limit movement to the Z axis.
  5. Left-click to confirm the transform and exit Move mode. (Right-click if you want to exit Move mode without applying the transform.)
  6. You can now delete the plane we created in the first step.

This also works with walls (just limit movement to the X or Y axes by pressing X or Y in Move mode instead of Z) or slopes (enable Align Rotation to Target in the Snap settings if you want your object to align to the slope angle).

Using Set Origin:
  1. In Edit Mode, select the bottom face of your mesh (or if it has no bottom face, select a face/faces or a vertex/vertices that are at the exact height where you want your object to touch the floor).
  2. Press SHIFT+S and click Cursor to Selected. Ths will position your 3D Cursor at the center of your selection.
  3. Switch to Object Mode and, with your object selected, go to Object -> Set Origin -> Origin to 3D Cursor.
  4. In the Item tab in the sidebar (right-hand side of the viewport - if it's not there, press N to open it), set your object's Z location to 0.

Afterwards you can reset the object origin to the scene origin either by applying the object's location or by going to the View tab in the sidebar, setting the 3D Cursor location there to 0, 0, 0 and then repeating step 3 from above.

Last edited by Zebra; 08-02-22 at 23:37.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 15:51   #166
Noya
Hobbyist

Unhappy Exporting Statics from Blender to WadTool

I downloaded the Add-On and created some objects now! However, I can't export them as Wad-files so i can modify/texture them straight in the Wadtool. I can only export them as .anim files (and still get tons of errors here).

I'm either blind or stupid, but I haven't seen anything said to that specifically so I am asking here once again

Thanks in advance!
Noya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 17:08   #167
AshySlashy
Student

If we're speaking Blender to TE's WadTool workflow only, you don't actually need any add-ons. You create an object, scale it properly (either using any exported object with original TR scale as a reference or using the method I described on the first page of this thread), then texture it using UV map and texture (or go straight to the next step if you want to texture it inside WT), and finally export it as an obj file (I'm not sure about other formats). WT supports models with UV so you can do most of the work in Blender. Anim files are for animations, not for objects.
Old 05-03-22, 18:11   #168
Noya
Hobbyist

Oh, thank you so much!!!
Old 06-03-22, 10:53   #169
Noya
Hobbyist

Default Error Code

Unfortunately, I can't open obj files in the WadTool... It keeps saying "Loading the file failed. Unknown game version 0x6C422023."

Am I doing something wrong?
Old 06-03-22, 18:18   #170
AshySlashy
Student

Are you trying to open it directly or by importing into the wad?
Your steps should be something like that: open WT, create a new wad2 or open an existing one, create a new movable or static, go into the skeleton editor and then import the obj file. It should appear there after you set the import settings and hit import button (or what is it called). If you are making a complex movable, then you will need to make a mesh tree and import the meshes one by one (but that's another story).