www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 08-11-21, 08:21   #71
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Bowyer View Post
So, I see in the release notes, options made for potentially more textures than the original could safely load, etc.

Does Tomb1Main have a Glidos-esque method for capturing game textures so that we can potentially edit or view them? I'm currently having trouble getting the Glidos method to work, since it chokes up because I have a newer version of Visual installed.
There is no point to implement this within Tomb1Main. There is already Texture Raider Tool (v0.4.1 requires symbolic link support and administrative access because of Microsoft, v0.4.0 creates simple shortcuts instead, the next version will have options to select the way it works) for TR2 and TR3 that can provide you more optimal way of extracting, changing and building textures. There will be support of TR1 textures too.

About Tomb1Main, the support of TR2Main texture packs is planned.

Last edited by Arsunt; 08-11-21 at 08:24.
Arsunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-21, 16:34   #72
Kidd Bowyer
Student

Thankyou!

Hopefully my last silly question for a bit, but is there an easy way to swap out the title screen?

I noticed a file called TITLEH.PCX, but when I tried to replace it with a file that I'd saved as TITLEH.PCX, the game now crashes just before reaching the actual title screen.
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-21, 17:42   #73
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Thankyou!

Hopefully my last silly question for a bit, but is there an easy way to swap out the title screen?

I noticed a file called TITLEH.PCX, but when I tried to replace it with a file that I'd saved as TITLEH.PCX, the game now crashes just before reaching the actual title screen.
Wrong format or size probably. There will be an option to use any images like TR2Main can.
Old 11-11-21, 08:42   #74
UniMatrixXB
Hobbyist

Hey rrdash and Arsunt, first of all thank you so much for all your work on TRI and TR II Main! These projects are fantastic and I appreciate a lot what you do to preserve and improve classic TR!

I'm using Tomb1Main and it works fine, but I have two questions I feel like I can't find answers to anywhere else. Is the Release 1.3.0 already equipped with the 60fps? The game works but it looks like I don't have 60fps. How do I get this to work?

Also: What is the best way to use a controller? I have two, a XBox360 controller and an older Logitech Rumble Pad.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-11-21, 22:00   #75
nickp364
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniMatrixXB View Post
Hey rrdash and Arsunt, first of all thank you so much for all your work on TRI and TR II Main! These projects are fantastic and I appreciate a lot what you do to preserve and improve classic TR!

I'm using Tomb1Main and it works fine, but I have two questions I feel like I can't find answers to anywhere else. Is the Release 1.3.0 already equipped with the 60fps? The game works but it looks like I don't have 60fps. How do I get this to work?

Also: What is the best way to use a controller? I have two, a XBox360 controller and an older Logitech Rumble Pad.

Thanks in advance!
It's still a WIP. I think it's close? You can check here for when it gets merged into master.

https://github.com/rr-/Tomb1Main/pull/125
nickp364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 09:07   #76
annl
Archaeologist

Smile 60fps progress.

Hey, TRFan94 from Twitter here. I worked alongside another to create the 60fps feature. It's still being worked on, it being merged with the current Tomb1Main right now and it takes time to ensure it works correctly and without conflicts.

Don't worry, it's coming.
Old 12-11-21, 15:10   #77
Kidd Bowyer
Student

I'm curious, does 60fps simply refer to the movement of the camera, or are in-game animations tweaked as well?
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 19:58   #78
Paft
Hobbyist

Are people able to use their saves from standard or alt modded versions of the game? Mine crashes when I tried to load a save played using 'automated fix'. I assume they're not compatible?

I mentioned this in my own thread..but I can't get my Xbox Series controller to work. Connected via wire.

Last edited by Paft; 12-11-21 at 20:01.
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 23:11   #79
tomblover
Legend

I have a request that's more of a consistency thing than an actual fix for a real problem:

Would it be possible to amend the looking-around-while-running functionality to behave similarly to later games, where it is possible to make jumps from the standing position, while keeping the look button held down?

As it is, if Lara's standing still and I have the look button held down, Lara refuses to make any sort of jump, directional or otherwise. This has always worked in the other classics.

Jumping does work though, I've noticed, if Lara's running while looking around.

Last edited by tomblover; 12-11-21 at 23:24.
tomblover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-21, 09:15   #80
annl
Archaeologist

Quote:
I'm curious, does 60fps simply refer to the movement of the camera, or are in-game animations tweaked as well?
Both, all animations and cameras have had their speed halved.

When simply making the FPS 60fps all animations and camera run twice as fast, breaking the game.

We have essentially halved all game animations and camera speeds to compensate. Essentially all parts affected have had their speed halved and doubled by 2.

When 60fps is disabled, all these parts are then halved or doubled by 1. This essentially does nothing to the original default code, making the game 30fps.