www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 06-12-21, 18:39   #1
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Arrow Glitchless Minimum Vehicle Challenge (TR2+TR3)

Tibetan Foothills:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y900ikENHp0

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...biwInPasQVRCVV

I just recently finished doing a Minimum Vehicle Challenge, where I had to complete every level in TR2 and TR3 which contained a vehicle while trying to use the vehicles as little as possible. I also had to collect all secrets from the levels, and there were other restrictions too. I've now started a Glitchless Minimum Vehicle Challenge, whereby I once again have to complete every level in TR2 and TR3 which contains a vehicle while trying to use the vehicles as little as possible. The big difference is that this time I won't be allowed to use glitches.

This will mean doing videos for:
Venice, TR2 (Boats)
Bartoli's Hideout, TR2 (Boat)
Tibetan Foothills, TR2 (Snowmobiles)
The River Ganges, TR3 (Quadbike)
Nevada Desert, TR3, (Quadbike)
Madubu Gorge, TR3 (Kayaks)
Lud's Gate, TR3 (UPVs)
Antarctica, TR3 (Boat)
RX-Tech Mines, TR3 (Minecarts)

I also have the additional restrictions of:
All Secrets
Minimum Healthpacks
Mostly Pistols

To elaborate on "Minimum Healthpacks", I aim to keep the healthpack usage to a minimum. Ideally I won't use any healthpacks, but that might not be possible in some levels.
To elaborate on "Mostly Pistols", I aim to do the majority of the kills with the Pistols, and I aim for the majority of shots that I fire to be Pistol shots.

In the video posted in this thread, you see me complete Tibetan Foothills. I completed the level without using any of the snowmobiles. I didn't use any glitches, collected all secrets, didn't use any healthpacks, and only used the pistols. In the next video I will be doing Venice, TR2.

I created a thread which was dedicated to my Minimum Vehicle Challenge. In that thread, there was a post that I haven't yet responded to. I will respond to it in this thread instead:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
Well, does it count if you're using the savegame exploit to reset the cold bar?
What you're talking about is a glitch. In the Minimum Vehicle Challenge, glitches were allowed, and so using the save/reload glitch to refill the cold bar was permitted. There were many other glitches that I used throughout the challenge. Glitches are common things that get used in many different runs, including speedruns. Glitches are permitted as long as it's not a Glitchless Run that you're doing. Glitches were allowed in my Minimum Vehicle Challenge, but they won't be allowed in this Glitchless Minimum Vehicle Challenge as glitches are strictly not to be used.
Old 06-12-21, 21:49   #2
perryloo
Explorer

Ah, the old TR2 'run and jump' method, its a bit faster than just running.

You must have been very tired without a snow-mobile, as there is a lot of ground to cover on foot in Tibetan Foothills
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 17:13   #3
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Venice:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWcqy4BymQM

I completed the level without using any of the boats. I didn't use any glitches, collected all secrets, didn't use any healthpacks, and I only used the pistols. In the next video I will be doing Bartoli's Hideout, TR2. In the previous video I did Tibetan Foothills, TR2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
Ah, the old TR2 'run and jump' method, its a bit faster than just running.

You must have been very tired without a snow-mobile, as there is a lot of ground to cover on foot in Tibetan Foothills
The "run and jump" method was the best method prior to the sprint ability getting introduced.

I like Tibetan Foothills, so I don't tire from not using the snowmobiles.
Old 11-12-21, 07:00   #4
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Bartoli's Hideout:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q6ZE3ksVCo

I started the level in the boat, which is unavoidable. However, I jumped out immediately without doing any travelling in the boat. I collected all secrets, didn't use any glitches, didn't use any healthpacks, and only used the pistols. In the next video I will be doing Madubu Gorge, TR3. In the previous video I did Venice, TR2.
Old 13-12-21, 05:58   #5
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Madubu Gorge:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d58uMtog4Sk

I managed to completely avoid the first kayak, but I wasn't able to complete the level without using the second kayak. I did manage to restrict my use of the kayak to the minimum amount in order to complete the level, which is the best I could've hoped for since it's not possible to complete the level without using the kayaks at all. I collected all secrets, didn't use any glitches, didn't use any healthpacks, and only used the pistols. In the next video I will be doing The River Ganges, TR3. In the previous video I did Bartoli's Hideout, TR2.
Old 15-12-21, 10:23   #6
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

The River Ganges:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7TizPoPy8Y

In the Glitched Minimum Vehicle Challenge for this level, I only needed to use the quadbike in order to grant myself access to the second secret. This time, with the additional restriction of No Glitches, I was forced to use the quadbike more. I did still manage to restrict the usage of the quadbike to the smallest amount possible; I dismounted as soon as I no longer needed the quadbike and did the rest of the level on foot. It's just a shame that I had to use the quadbike for much of this level. On the plus side, I collected all secrets, didn't use any glitches, didn't use any healthpacks, and only used the pistols. One improvement from the Glitched Minimum Vehicles Challenge of The River Ganges was that I used a total of 0.5 healthpacks when doing the level with glitches being allowed, and that was due to me losing health from glitched shortcuts that had to be done. In the next video I will be doing Lud's Gate, TR3. In the previous video I did Madubu Gorge, TR3.
Old 18-12-21, 09:59   #7
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Lud's Gate:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGlLoBMTGQA

I was successful in glitchlessly completing this level while collecting all of the secrets without using any of the UPVs. I used the harpoon gun to kill one of the divers, but apart from that I only used the pistols, and didn't use any healthpacks. In the next video I will be doing Antarctica, TR3. In the previous video I did The River Ganges, TR3.
Old 20-12-21, 09:41   #8
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Antarctica:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIbtX0loU4E

In the Glitched Minimum Vehicle Challenge for this level, I managed to do the level without using the boat. However, that was due to a glitch which enabled me to complete the level without the need of the boat. This time around, I was doing the level glitchlessly and therefore couldn't use the glitch to spare me from the need of the boat. I did unfortunately have to use the boat in order to complete the level. Although, I did manage to reduce the use of the boat to the lowest amount possible, and that included obtaining the Hut Key. Normally you would drive the boat to where the key is, jump out to collect the key and then get back into the boat. I wanted to collect the secret without using the boat, as that would fulfil the restriction of minimal vehicles. The only downside is that doing things in such a way did result in me having to use 5.0 healthpacks. There is a glitch where saving and reloading causes the cold meter to refill, but no glitches were allowed to be used in this video. I didn't use any glitches, collected all secrets, and only used the pistols. In the next video I will be doing RX-Tech Mines, TR3. In the previous video I did Lud's Gate, TR3.
Old 22-12-21, 12:11   #9
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

RX-Tech Mines:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-hLeMuYGzk

Unfortunately, it's not possible to complete this level without using the minecarts at all. Although, I did manage to reduce the use of the minecarts to the lowest amount possible under these restrictions. In the Glitched Minimum Vehicle Challenge for this level, I only used two of the three minecarts and only went to the midway point with both of them. This time around I had to use all three minecarts but I only went to the midway point with two of them, which is the minimal amount possible. I used a total of 0.5 healthpacks, and that was down to the long swim at the end which cost me more health than I could afford to lose. When I was allowed to use glitches I didn't use any healthpacks, as I was able to use a glitch where saving and reloading caused my cold meter to refill, stopping me from losing health. I collected all secrets, didn't use any glitches, and only used the pistols. In the next video I will be doing Nevada Desert, TR3. In the previous video I did Antarctica, TR3.
Old 25-12-21, 08:34   #10
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Nevada Desert:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny2qf1yIHcY

I completed the level without using the quadbike. You do see Lara on the quadbike during the cutscene which comes after completing the level, but I don't count that as it doesn't happen in-game and it occurs after the level has already been completed. I collected all secrets, didn't use any glitches, didn't use any healthpacks, and only used the pistols. In the previous video I did RX-Tech Mines, TR3. This is now the end of the challenge as I have completed a Glitched Minimum Vehicle Challenge and Glitchless Minimum Vehicle Challenge for all nine of the levels in TR2 and TR3 which contain a vehicle: Tibetan Foothills, Venice, Bartoli's Hideout, Madubu Gorge, The River Ganges, Lud's Gate, Antarctica, RX-Tech Mines and Nevada Desert.