Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 02-10-21, 12:41   #11
CircusBabysGal

Wow! How cool! Will you also be replacing some of Lara's textures? I hate her old gen hair texture.
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 23:20   #12
m.art.in

Smile

Wow that's really cool!
I'd really like to see the next gen version fixed one day!
Either official, or fan-made.. I've played with a thought that I'd replace level textures with ones from TRU or SOTTR..
But honestly it's too much work I got no time for and with the current state of the next gen version (see-through textures, chrashes etc.) it's not really worth it..

What's also cool is to use some Reshade magic. Ambient Occlusion makes wonders in this game (even tho the depth channel is kinda broken) and hides a lot of 'not-so-nice' stuff.. I have to try it with this mod, I assume it will look insane!
m.art.in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 22:35   #13
Ameliorator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
Wow! How cool! Will you also be replacing some of Lara's textures? I hate her old gen hair texture.
Hi there, thank you I did consider making changes to Lara's textures but almost all her textures that needed fixed have been fixed by ATombRaiderFan and unfortunately, Lara's hair texture in next gen is actually lower quality than old gen! The reason her hair looks better in next gen is because it's layered with multiple different textures that only work in that version. Sorry about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.art.in View Post
Wow that's really cool!
I'd really like to see the next gen version fixed one day!
Either official, or fan-made.. I've played with a thought that I'd replace level textures with ones from TRU or SOTTR..
But honestly it's too much work I got no time for and with the current state of the next gen version (see-through textures, chrashes etc.) it's not really worth it..

What's also cool is to use some Reshade magic. Ambient Occlusion makes wonders in this game (even tho the depth channel is kinda broken) and hides a lot of 'not-so-nice' stuff.. I have to try it with this mod, I assume it will look insane!
Hello and thank you so much! It is definitely a lot of work replacing textures haha. I agree that it would be great to see the next gen version fixed one day. It's a shame that it's so glitchy on the PC, we still can't do a lot to fix those problems sadly.

And yes ReShade is amazing. I use a bunch of features from it when playing through my games to make them look even better
Ameliorator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 23:57   #14
Ameliorator

Default Additional Outfits Version 1.35

The masterpost now includes the Additional Outfits mod which I have updated with new, higher quality textures for some of the low quality outfits.

As an example, here's the before and after of Winter, Brown Sleeves which replaces Winter, Orange:

Old 06-10-21, 07:48   #15
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameliorator View Post
The masterpost now includes the Additional Outfits mod which I have updated with new, higher quality textures for some of the low quality outfits.

As an example, here's the before and after of Winter, Brown Sleeves which replaces Winter, Orange:

The sleeves definitely looks better.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 13:40   #16
Ameliorator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
The sleeves definitely looks better.
Hey, I’m glad you think so. I didn’t realise the Winter, Orange outfit was different on PSP until you made your post about these outfits. I quite like the different coloured sleeves
Old 14-10-21, 01:51   #17
JAMJOOM

Default love this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameliorator View Post

good job
JAMJOOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 11:23   #18
Ameliorator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMJOOM View Post
good job
Thank you JAMJOOM, I've also loved seeing all the modding you've been doing for Underworld

Just an update on everything - I've been really busy recently so I haven't had much time to work on anything but I’m still making progress. I'm almost ready to release the Peru upgrades for my Legend Upgraded mod. I've also found more fixes to add to the OldGen+ mod which I'll share as well.

In the meantime, I want to share an interesting little discovery I've made. A few weeks ago I found a thread on the forums from over a decade ago where people had discovered that Legend and Anniversary had a value in their game registries called "EAXSupport". Here's a screenshot of it:

This suggested that these games should be able to use EAX sound technology but when the value was activated, nothing happened in game. Thanks to some help from the user Jathom95 and their EAX restoration mod pack for Angel of Darkness, I was able to actually reactivate EAX in Legend / Anniversary using the same techniques that restore it in AoD!

Sadly though, there's not much to celebrate about because it doesn't activate any surround sound or other special EAX technology in the games. It does make the panning between the left and right audio channels smoother but that's the only positive change. In the end I don't think it's worth your time restoring EAX in Legend / Anniversary but I still wanted to share this with you all because it's an nice little discovery. Someone might even be able to do something further with this information in the future.

Last edited by Ameliorator; 19-10-21 at 22:57.
Old 20-10-21, 21:21   #19
Ameliorator

Default New Update:

The next update is here!

Here are the fixed and upgraded textures for Peru. I've done my absolute best to take screenshots that do a good job of showing off the changes. The problem though is that it's really difficult to see all the new detailed textures in a compressed jpg image over the internet. It's much easier to see everything that's been changed when actually playing in-game. Almost every texture has received an upgrade. This includes lots of smaller textures like posters, the water surfaces, cobwebs, wooden planks and more but these smaller changes are impossible to pick up on in a screenshot so I couldn't get images of every single change.

I've also updated my skyboxes and loading screens upgraded mods because there were a few changes I made to make some of them look even cleaner. All these new files will be linked on the master post. I'm also planning on adding a couple of new fixes I've found to the OldGen+ mod but I'm experiencing a weird glitch with some of the textures right now so I can't update it yet.

Regarding the DRM files: I am making progress with them but unfortunately it will take a while as I still don't have a lot of free time to work on this at the moment. It's such a long and complicated process to unpack the game's files and repack them with new textures. Thankfully Japan is a very short level so I will have the upgrades for that completed much quicker

Here are some notable examples:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	596   Click image for larger version

Name:	50 - Copy.png
Views:	147
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	597   Click image for larger version

Name:	49 - Copy.png
Views:	137
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	598   Click image for larger version

Name:	51 - Copy.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	273.2 KB
ID:	599  

Last edited by Ameliorator; 04-08-23 at 15:31.
Old 05-11-21, 01:31   #20
Kenshir0

Im posting here to inform Ameliorator that he's updated version 2.15 of oldgen + isn't working for me. I have no issues whit v 2.14.
Also i'd like to know where to download upgraded loading screens and skyboxes mods. The apposit thread has no links.... neither this one.
Kenshir0 is offline   Reply With Quote