www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-10-22, 15:09   #12201
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 20,901
Default

I honestly don't want a unified timeline. They could please everyone by just making classic games and reboot games like Nintendo does for Zelda and Mario. They could release a classic game in between releases for a reboot game and not bother with the timeline at all.

The whole unification process is really cringe to me.
__________________
Always Pondering
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 15:56   #12202
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter
 
Chamayoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I honestly don't want a unified timeline. They could please everyone by just making classic games and reboot games like Nintendo does for Zelda and Mario. They could release a classic game in between releases for a reboot game and not bother with the timeline at all.

The whole unification process is really cringe to me.
Can't judge before seeing what they are cooking for us honestly. I give them the benifice of the doubt, that is how generous I am.
__________________
Lost Artifact, Beneath the Ashes, Lara's Shadow and Ana Pure Hair for everyone
Chamayoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 16:13   #12203
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 20,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Can't judge before seeing what they are cooking for us honestly. I give them the benifice of the doubt, that is how generous I am.
With everything that's been leaked and CD continued marketing approach I don't have faith and trust in them to do it right. Also I don't really need the timelines merged nor does Lara. Her games usually don't carry story from game to game, it's pretty much random isolated events in the games themselves that happen.

I wish CD wouldn't try to make everything episodic and just had each game be its own isolated thing again.
__________________
Always Pondering
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 16:43   #12204
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter
 
Chamayoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
With everything that's been leaked and CD continued marketing approach I don't have faith and trust in them to do it right. Also I don't really need the timelines merged nor does Lara. Her games usually don't carry story from game to game, it's pretty much random isolated events in the games themselves that happen.

I wish CD wouldn't try to make everything episodic and just had each game be its own isolated thing again.
If what was leaked will really happen next then I withdraw that and I will judge them intensely

__________________
Lost Artifact, Beneath the Ashes, Lara's Shadow and Ana Pure Hair for everyone
Chamayoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 17:32   #12205
.snake.
Professor
 
.snake.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 3,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Can't judge before seeing what they are cooking for us honestly. I give them the benifice of the doubt, that is how generous I am.
I stopped giving them the benefit of the doubt after disappointing me for 6 games and continuing to always hammer down the issues no one wanted (Lara with friends, Lara with parents, Lara emotional etc). I’m surprised some of you still hold out hope.

But I know some of you like, loved, or enjoyed the LAU and Survivor games. So I can understand why you still have the mindset of a battered wife whose drunk husband promises her that he’ll stop doing it from now on and next year will be better.

Just promise me that if the next game really is more of the same crap you’ll stand by your words.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 17:45   #12206
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter
 
Chamayoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
I stopped giving them the benefit of the doubt after disappointing me for 6 games and continuing to always hammer down the issues no one wanted (Lara with friends, Lara with parents, Lara emotional etc). I’m surprised some of you still hold out hope.

But I know some of you like, loved, or enjoyed the LAU and Survivor games. So I can understand why you still have the mindset of a battered wife whose drunk husband promises her that he’ll stop doing it from now on and next year will be better.

Just promise me that if the next game really is more of the same crap you’ll stand by your words.
The comparison.
Well indeed I liked some of their games and I saw they can do a big shift when they start a new era. So I expect anything from them. I'm aware that some things never changed since 2006 and some I doubt they will in the future (like the automatic platforming). My comment was exclusively about the unified move anyway.
__________________
Lost Artifact, Beneath the Ashes, Lara's Shadow and Ana Pure Hair for everyone
Chamayoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 19:08   #12207
Raider8
Archaeologist
 
Raider8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
...I'm aware that some things never changed since 2006 and some I doubt they will in the future (like the automatic platforming)....
Lets face the facts. The newer generation(s) of gamers for the most part are dumb or atleast considered stupid. The developers have been simplifying their games more and more so I guess magnetic platform is not going anywhere. Gone are the times of the classic TR when your jumps had to be precise and when you had to press and hold action to keep grabbing the ledge. Even Assassin's creed series have simplified the parkour buttons over the year. You now keep pressing only one jump button and leave everything to your character to perform. If they ever come up with an approach to challenging platforming in the next game, that would be groundbreaking.
__________________
I wonder where Winston is with my tea!
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 20:05   #12208
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 20,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
I stopped giving them the benefit of the doubt after disappointing me for 6 games and continuing to always hammer down the issues no one wanted (Lara with friends, Lara with parents, Lara emotional etc). I’m surprised some of you still hold out hope.

But I know some of you like, loved, or enjoyed the LAU and Survivor games. So I can understand why you still have the mindset of a battered wife whose drunk husband promises her that he’ll stop doing it from now on and next year will be better.

Just promise me that if the next game really is more of the same crap you’ll stand by your words.
I definitely don't have TR12 on a wishlist anywhere. I'm devoting my time to games I actually enjoy. Unless CD can impress me I'm not desperate to purchase the next game and I suspect that's gonna be the case for a good portion of the fandom. The general public thinks Lara's done for already so CD are going to have to really impress everyone for TR12 to sell.

If it's anything close to that script then unfortunately for Embracer Group, TR12 is going to be another flop like the Saints Row reboot.
__________________
Always Pondering

Last edited by charmedangelin; 01-10-22 at 20:08.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 21:01   #12209
amiro1989
Relic Hunter
 
amiro1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 9,242
Default

So they’ve probably been working on this game for at least 7 months (more likely they really started in January 2022, so approximately 10 months). Only 35 months left if they end up taking 3 years and a half.
__________________
Avatar art by Amunet.

Last edited by amiro1989; 01-10-22 at 21:05.
amiro1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 21:10   #12210
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 35,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiro1989 View Post
So they’ve probably been working on this game for at least 7 months (more likely they really started in January 2022, so approximately 10 months). Only 35 months left if they end up taking 3 years and a half.
Where did you get the 7 months from?
__________________
"Who we are is not what we wear, or what sparkles. It's our spirit that defines us."
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.