Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider on Mobile

Old 26-09-23, 09:50   #1
UroshUchiha

Default Tomb Raider 1 Android Collection

Name:  Tomb Raider I.png
Views: 373
Size:  81.0 KB

This is an archive/preservation project for all Tomb Raider 1 versions on Android before the game got delisted. The game initially came out on April 1st, 2015 and got the last official update on the 29th of July 2016.

Sometimes in 2017 or 2018 the game got delisted from the store.

Special thanks to TheIndra for all the help with this project.

Version History

v1.0.4RC (Version Code: 24)
  • This would appear to be a build of the game prior to the initial release version. Possibly a dev/test version of the game.

v1.0.20RC (Version Code: 40)
  • Initial release on April 1st, 2015

v1.0.25RC (Version Code: 45)
  • General bug fixes and performance improvements on May 27th, 2015

v1.0.26RC (Version Code: 46)
  • Missing touch screen controls fixed on June 10th, 2015

v1.0.27RC (Version Code: 47)
  • Android 6.0 support on January 05th, 2016

v1.0.39RC (Version Code: 59)
  • Minor bug fixes on July 30th, 2016

Mystery Version

v1.0.42RC1 (Version Code: 60)
  • People who purchased TR1 prior to delisting can still download it. The version they get is v1.0.39RC. So it is currently unknown what exactly v1.0.42RC is. At a quick glance at the files, it seems to be legit. The build date is a month after v1.0.39RC. But it is not on the Google Play Store. Maybe the developers were cooking another update that never got officially released due to the delisting of the game so they released it unofficially instead? If anyone has any information about this build, let me know. The same mystery version exists for the TR2 game.

Downloads
Tomb Raider 1 Android Collection (Internet Archive)

Contribution

If you want to reach me outside of TRF and have a chat about this, you can contact me on Discord, my username there is uros.u.novakovic

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 10-03-24 at 11:56.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-24, 19:49   #2
techno-atom

I have the 2nd game purchased on an old Google account but I can log into it and retrieve whatever files you need.
techno-atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-24, 20:55   #3
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by techno-atom View Post
I have the 2nd game purchased on an old Google account but I can log into it and retrieve whatever files you need.
That would be very helpful since I am still lacking TR2 files in this preservation project that I have been doing.

If you use Discord we can talk there and make communication easier. Or do you prefer any other platform?
Old 20-02-24, 00:59   #4
NicNamSam

Nice, I'll check these out. Kinda coincidental that there was a new reply just yesterday when I went looking for these today out of the blue. BTW, what does the auto-run option do? I've tried it off and on and cannot notice a difference.
NicNamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-24, 08:23   #5
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNamSam View Post
BTW, what does the auto-run option do? I've tried it off and on and cannot notice a difference.
I assume you are talking about an auto-run option in the game itself? Honestly I have no idea, been a while since I even booted these up so I kinda forgot what options exist.
Old 21-02-24, 16:21   #6
NicNamSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
I assume you are talking about an auto-run option in the game itself? Honestly I have no idea, been a while since I even booted these up so I kinda forgot what options exist.
Yeah, it's an in-game option. Still haven't figured it out.

And I also found an annoying oversight. When running forward, a handy feature is that you can use the sidestep buttons to turn left and right instead of using the analog circle thing, which can be helpful (I actually use the right stick to turn a lot when playing with a controller in an emulator, so this feels similar). If you run straight ahead, or run forward+right, the sidestep buttons override the direction you're running, as expected. BUT if you are running forward+left (even the slightest bit left), both sidestep buttons make you turn more left . A shame the game itself is left for dead in a tomb of abandonment haha.
NicNamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-24, 11:24   #7
UroshUchiha

Just a reminder that I am still looking for someone who owns TR2 on Android who can help with the project.

EDIT: Thanks to JP32 for all the help with the TR2 preservation project!

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 10-03-24 at 11:57.