Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 28-07-21, 20:49   #421
Titak

^
I have no idea how controllers work exactly, but if a keyboard also still works,
can they then avoid the issue by using the keyboard for saving the game?
So keep the controller for moving Lara around and the inventory and such, but use the keyboard for saving/loading only.

Because if this is possible, I should add a "when using a controller" readme file.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 13:15   #422
TombRaiderTim

Would anyone happen to have a more up to date Wad containing the objects for a TR1 Inventory and Options based on the Script JMN has provided quite some pages back?
Another two questions since I recently got back into this is how would I go about having the Rings not be affected by Room light and also how would I go about removing certain items such as Binoculars and Flares?

Much appreciated!

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 08-08-21 at 13:17.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 13:24   #423
LoreRaider

I don't have a wad with TR1 objects, but I can answer the other questions
About inventory lighting, you can set the inventory to react to a specific room light using cust_cinv_lighting
For the number of objects at the start of the level, you can still use "Equipment=" command and set the amount to 0, that way you won't have that object anymore in the inventory
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 14:23   #424
TombRaiderTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
I don't have a wad with TR1 objects, but I can answer the other questions
About inventory lighting, you can set the inventory to react to a specific room light using cust_cinv_lighting
For the number of objects at the start of the level, you can still use "Equipment=" command and set the amount to 0, that way you won't have that object anymore in the inventory
I have used the following line:

Customize= CUST_CINV_LIGHTING, 1, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE

This should allow for the ambient light from said room number 1 to be the chosen lighting for the Inventory but it does not seem to be working.

EDIT: Nevermind, should have included the XYZ position.

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 08-08-21 at 14:28.
Old 08-08-21, 15:10   #425
Axell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
I have used the following line:

Customize= CUST_CINV_LIGHTING, 1, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE

This should allow for the ambient light from said room number 1 to be the chosen lighting for the Inventory but it does not seem to be working.

EDIT: Nevermind, should have included the XYZ position.
The inventory takes the lighting of the brightest room in your level by default. What I've done is I've created a separate small room in my level with the lighting I want in my inventory, that seemed to work perfectly and it reacts to the sun bulbs you place in that room as well.

EDIT: Ahh, you managed to work through it. Nevermind!
Axell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 19:32   #426
TombRaiderTim

Alright, got a little issue already. I was just trying to add to the script the options to change the SFX of the ring menus themselves but for some reason, whenever I add them, the ring menu reverts to the original TR4 menu.

Customize= CINV_SFX_INVENTORY_OPEN, 109
Customize= CINV_SFX_INVENTORY_CLOSE, 111
Customize= CINV_SFX_RING_ROTATE, 108
Customize= CINV_SFX_RING_CHANGE, IGNORE
Old 10-08-21, 22:07   #427
Titak

^
It has to be like this:
Customize= CUST_CINV_SFX, CINV_SFX_INVENTORY_CLOSE, ***

So you are missing the CUST_CINV_SFX command.
Old 14-08-21, 10:17   #428
Craig Michaels

I've been having trouble with the font on an Examine 2 object. I have the following script to turn the font yellow:

Customize= CUST_CINV_TEXT, CINV_TXT_EXAMINE_2, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CL_YELLOW, IGNORE, IGNORE, ENABLED

However, the font still appears as gray in-game. Have I done something incorrect?

Last edited by Craig Michaels; 14-08-21 at 10:59.
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-21, 19:59   #429
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Michaels View Post
I've been having trouble with the font on an Examine 2 object. I have the following script to turn the font yellow:

Customize= CUST_CINV_TEXT, CINV_TXT_EXAMINE_2, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CL_YELLOW, IGNORE, IGNORE, ENABLED

However, the font still appears as gray in-game. Have I done something incorrect?
Instead of ENABLED you need to put CINV_TRUE or CINV_FALSE byt the looks of it.
If you click in this last field you can see this, in NG-Centre, "Enabled (CINV_TRUE/FALSE)". So the word enabled is not the command to use in this case.
Old 15-08-21, 19:11   #430
Craig Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Instead of ENABLED you need to put CINV_TRUE or CINV_FALSE byt the looks of it.
Hmm, thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it still seems to be gray. I updated the code to be

Code:
Customize= CUST_CINV_TEXT, CINV_TXT_EXAMINE_2, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CL_YELLOW, IGNORE, IGNORE, CINV_TRUE
But this is still what the Examine script looks like in-game despite the code - much to hard to read at the moment:

I'll keep experimenting but if anyone spots the problem, let me know! I've been able to change the color of other inventory text no problem.

EDIT: The issue does not occur when I use the *exact* same script for the EXAMINE3 object . . . I can just switch to using that slot, but I'm really confused by the lack of color change for EXAMINE2. Has anyone else had this issue?

EDIT 2: SOLVED (BUG?)

I finally solved the issue by experimenting with all three "EXAMINE" commands in the code. I did the following in my script:

Code:
Customize= CUST_CINV_TEXT, CINV_TXT_EXAMINE_1, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CL_RED, IGNORE, IGNORE, CINV_TRUE
Customize= CUST_CINV_TEXT, CINV_TXT_EXAMINE_2, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CL_YELLOW, IGNORE, IGNORE, CINV_TRUE
Customize= CUST_CINV_TEXT, CINV_TXT_EXAMINE_3, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CL_WHITE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CINV_TRUE
This resulted in changing the colors for the Examine objects, but not in the numeric order present in the script. Instead:

"EXAMINE_1" actually changed the color of the first half of the script on the Examine2 object.

"EXAMINE_2" actually changed the color of the script on the Examine3 object.

"EXAMINE_3" actually changed the color of the second half of the script on the Examine2 object.

I hope this information is useful to others, or happy to find out how I might be wrong or doing the code incorrectly. In any case, I can now get the script the color I want, it's just the code is discombobulated with what actually appears (unless I've misunderstood it).

Last edited by Craig Michaels; 17-08-21 at 04:12.
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote