Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 06-03-19, 02:38   #38071
TrustyBow

@ Ellioft Woah, great story. Glad to see you have a personal attachment to the game.

I remember I didn't even play it until a year after it came out. I remember seeing all the hype for the game in 2012/2013 but I never really felt the desire to play it. I only brought it because there was an insane sale on the game and I was bored looking for something to play.

Oh man, I wasn't prepared at all. I found the story to be exciting in a way that I had never seen before. I know people don't like he whole "relatable" Lara angle but it 100% worked on me and was part of why I liked the game so much. It was cool seeing her go from timid to a badass explorer. I felt like I was actually Lara in playing the game. After finishing, I instantly became a fan of the series.

I played this game when I was in my freshman year of college and it's fitting that Shadow ended up coming out in my last semester
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-19, 10:00   #38072
GRiannisRaider

Happy birthday TR2013 ! You have a special place in my heart !
GRiannisRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-19, 22:16   #38073
Grizzly Bear

TR13 really reignited my love for this series; I played it at the beginning of 2014 (I don't know why I didn't bought it earlier honestly); I was already a big fan of the series (I mean Legend, Annniversary and Underworld) but TR13 just had something unique I really liked, I really enjoyed Yamatai's atmosphere.

I honestly can't believe how much time has already passed since then...
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 02:54   #38074
lance6439

I'm replaying this masterpiece of a game. Lara being in Japan spikes up my weaboo-ism. Also going to place this here from the GC thread because I also think its pretty relevant here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
"I'll kill all of you if i have to!"

this woulda been iconic

also the model here looks pretty

lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 10:43   #38075
Athukraz

I'll kill you all if I have to lmao Camilla/Lara have come so far from tr2013.

Also Reyes/Lara duo is badass!

Last edited by Athukraz; 07-03-19 at 10:44.
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 12:11   #38076
Enigma92

Happy belated birthday TR2013!

While I dislike how they handled the sequels (primarily because I felt they were needlessly stretching Lara's already finished origins story into a rather boring and pointless trilogy because they were fully out of ideas) I do really love this game. I remember seeing the demonstration at E3 where Lara is stuck in that claustrophobic, creepy-looking scavenger's den and just eating up the concept of a Tomb Raider game purely focused on survival. One of the things I love about TR4 especially is the thrill you'd experience when Lara suddenly got trapped in a dark, creepy tomb (e.g. Tomb of Semerkhet) and was struggling to reach the surface. There were a lot of moments in this game that really captured that feeling of survival for me. Not to mention, so many incredible and memorable action set pieces, seeing Lara gradually evolve over the course of the game into a no-nonsense badass, and that epic moment at the end when she picks up her signature weapons to show that she's now become Lara Croft - all of these moments were just great. If I had to criticise one thing, it would be the over-indulgence in combat, but seeing at the time this was the first action-heavy Tomb Raider title I think its forgivable.

ROTTR undid a lot of her evolution, but it was still a fun ride. SOTTR I just found insufferable. If I had my way, I would have had the second reboot game be what the fourth reboot game will inevitably be about if it gets made: Lara actually being Lara Croft and not still trying to evolve into her or 'realise her destiny' *cringe* as a Tomb Raider. But oh well.
Enigma92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 16:33   #38077
Scilli

TR 2013
Played that game probably 5 times.
It always amazes me. Japan as a Setting is spectecular.
The mix between combat and exploration/story driven elements is almost driven to perfection.
Collectibles are not overdone here and searching for weapon parts to upgrade your already existing weapon is more satisfying than choosing between 10 bows.
Tombs fall short though, which is a bit sad, but other than that its simply an amazing game.
Scilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 19:09   #38078
MelikeLara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scilli View Post
TR 2013
Played that game probably 5 times.
It always amazes me. Japan as a Setting is spectecular.
The mix between combat and exploration/story driven elements is almost driven to perfection.
Collectibles are not overdone here and searching for weapon parts to upgrade your already existing weapon is more satisfying than choosing between 10 bows.
Tombs fall short though, which is a bit sad, but other than that its simply an amazing game.
Totally agree with all you said!
Happy Birthday TR2013!
Might go and replay her soon!
MelikeLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-19, 15:02   #38079
TR1249

Why they had to include the MP Trophys for the Platinum? So dumb
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-19, 19:17   #38080
Athukraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post