Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 04-05-20, 04:49   #11
jcdbm
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Argh! I hope he makes a TR3 specific thread i had no idea Arsunt patched TR3!! did they end up patching TR2Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGuard View Post
I'm not sure if Arsunt ever worked on TR2Gold, but regarding the images, the easiest way to avoid crashes would probably be to open one of the official BMPs (e.g in Paint), paste your image in the same file and hit save; at least that's how I do it
I messaged Arsunt a little over a week ago and today I signed on to find a reply from him. Great news:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt
Hey, you can use the latest developer build, it can play both original and the golden mask.

To launch the golden mask, just start exe with -gold option (like -setup option). Also you need to place some of the Golden mask files into DATA folder, renaming them properly. Don't change the original game files, just add few gold files with correct filenames. Here is some info about it.
Link to the developer build here with the additional info here. I do not think he would mind that I am posting this, I have asked him if this is okay and I will take it down if he is not okay with it.

Last edited by jcdbm; 04-05-20 at 04:51.
jcdbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 06:34   #12
laracroftswest

Thanks for getting that, jcdbm!

Edit: Nvm

Last edited by laracroftswest; 04-05-20 at 16:13.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 06:38   #13
tomblover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdbm View Post
Also, a lot of versions of TR II out there use the legal screen that contains no logo - this is something I still am searching for, and would greatly appreciate if someone found the appropriate file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsqpff9swa...legal.pcx?dl=0

EDIT: Here's this, too, for anyone that would want it:

This is the CREDIT01.bmp screen for TLA, but using the EU logo. In the original game, no matter the region, it always shows the US logo there, so I went ahead and made this for consistency, for those of us who are running the EU version of the game.

I guess it was just an oversight, on account of the game being made by a US branch of Eidos - but it was annoying me that the rest of the game used the EU logo consistently, yet they somehow missed the credits...

Last edited by tomblover; 04-05-20 at 08:42.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 14:50   #14
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
does anyone know/have versions of LEGAL.BMP and TITLEUK.BMP with the US logo on them? if not, does anyone know how i can get them?
I have put together a slightly cleaner version of the title screen, including a squished widescreen version (which will be stretched out correctly in-game). They're far from perfect though. It's a shame that the TR3 images are restricted to 640x480 bitmaps. Perhaps Arsunt will address this in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
If there's anything I need to do with the file to make it work better to inject into the game let me know and I hope some of you can use it!
Arsunt's TR2 patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
You may put any remastered videos yourself in the FMV folder (mp4, bik, rpl formats supported). Also you may put your png, jpg, pcx HD images in /PIX/4x3 and /PIX/16x9 folders, named like title.png, legal.png, etc. The game will automatically detect the files and use them

Last edited by laravision; 24-09-21 at 14:13.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 15:31   #15
laracroftswest

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
Didn't know you could do that with his patch too! Was using it already, wow.

Thanks!

One last question about this kinda stuff from me in here Do we have a way of increasing the size of the health bars in TR1/3? Arsunt's patch takes care of it for TR2 but I haven't come across anything for TombATI for TR1 or anything in TR3. Same goes for the PSX colors for the health bars in TR3.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 16:31   #16
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Thumbs up

You folks are awesome.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 16:48   #17
_Seth

Quote:
i want to use the US logos b/c i like them better so don't even ask. yes i have bad taste. don't even comment something like "ugh i can't understand why anyone would want that." it's not helpful.
Well that pre-emptively told me.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 17:27   #18
LateRaider
Inactive

wow, thank you everyone for all your help and kind responses. i honestly didn't expect this to get any replies, let alone the positive ones and even the solution.

i finally sat down to test the TRIII screens celticguard posted. they work like a charm. i have the BMPs here in a ZIP if anyone wants them premade. they were saved as 24bit BMPs but as i said, it works perfectly in-game. http://www.mediafire.com/file/i8ltzx...Logos.zip/file

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdbm View Post
Edit: Seems like I was late to the party, glad you guys could get it working as intended. I myself am still scouting for those legal screens with US logo!
i don't think TR4 on PC has a legal screen at all, but i did notice now that TR5 does and man i can't unsee it. i need a legal screen for TR5 with the US logo lol

i tried to make a TR2 legal screen that looked like the US PS1 legal logo but it was in black and white only

Last edited by LateRaider; 04-05-20 at 23:40.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 01:15   #19
mizuno_suisei

Might be stating an obvious but, I do wonder WHY there are different logos at all. Yes they were released in the UK and US seperately in their codings but, there are literally no differences (besides the PSX versions and the PAL/NTSC framerate change).

I'd want to think if you're marketing a product - you'd use one familiar image. Feels like it'd make more sense if there were english string changes based on UK/US spellings, or even re-recordings of lines (Not about to use this place as a toilet) - who the hell outside of australia knew what dunny meant

EPIPHANY: took me a bit but, I play jp TR exclusively so who am I to wonder why it's needed

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 05-05-20 at 03:13.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 04:01   #20
jcdbm
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
I appreciate the help! But I forgot to proofread my post, I am actually looking for the one WITH the US logo, my mistake, along with one for Golden Mask. I personally find the wall of text really bland.

Quote:
i don't think TR4 on PC has a legal screen at all, but i did notice now that TR5 does and man i can't unsee it. i need a legal screen for TR5 with the US logo lol
I wish there was some way to rip it from the PS1 files because the TR4 PS1 version seems to have it -- same goes for TR2. I grabbed a copy of the PS1 disk images but I'm not nearly enough knowledgeable on how to open it properly. I'm guessing that someone here probably knows, but it's very low on priorities list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
I'd want to think if you're marketing a product - you'd use one familiar image. Feels like it'd make more sense if there were english string changes based on UK/US spellings, or even re-recordings of lines (Not about to use this place as a toilet) - who the hell outside of australia knew what dunny meant
I often wondered this too. I read a post somewhere guessing that American audiences would be more inclined to purchase an action-oriented game. Honestly, I'd prefer to just stick with the non-US international logos for all five games, but my pesky nostalgia mandates that I see the curved Tomb Raider II logo everytime I boot up the game.

Last edited by jcdbm; 05-05-20 at 04:05.
jcdbm is offline   Reply With Quote