www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 14-04-21, 00:51   #11
perryloo
Historian

I think the VCI guards were told they get a day off work, if killed in the line of duty
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 14:53   #12
CircusBabysGal
Historian

May I ask how we can reactivate this cutscene? Or is it a Beta build? :P
Old 14-04-21, 15:53   #13
Woops
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
May I ask how we can reactivate this cutscene? Or is it a Beta build? :P
load this save, then open cheat engine, open the TR5 process, click "Add Address Manually". in the "Address" box paste 0051CAA8. you can leave the description empty if you want, but just for knowledge this variable is called "cutseq num". make sure the type menu says "4 bytes" and all the checkbox below are NOT checked. Now change the value to 3.

Keep in mind the angle might be wrong, I was lucky to have the cutscene face the window, but as I test further it seems to not be the case most of the time and I'm not sure why.

this variable can load any cutscene, if you change it to other values, you can play other cutscenes. keep in mind though that most cutscenes have pre-determined start coordinates, in other words Lara will teleport somewhere else. most of the time out of the map, and you'll see something like this

Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 16:43   #14
CircusBabysGal
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
load this save, then open cheat engine, open the TR5 process, click "Add Address Manually". in the "Address" box paste 0051CAA8. you can leave the description empty if you want, but just for knowledge this variable is called "cutseq num". make sure the type menu says "4 bytes" and all the checkbox below are NOT checked. Now change the value to 3.

Keep in mind the angle might be wrong, I was lucky to have the cutscene face the window, but as I test further it seems to not be the case most of the time and I'm not sure why.

this variable can load any cutscene, if you change it to other values, you can play other cutscenes. keep in mind though that most cutscenes have pre-determined start coordinates, in other words Lara will teleport somewhere else. most of the time out of the map, and you'll see something like this

Nevermind actually that sounds like too much work for me-
Old 14-04-21, 19:33   #15
perryloo
Historian

Default Outside VCI building cutscene

It is quite easy to get into some VCI cutscenes, it only took a few changes to the level to move Lara to the outside of the building.

Here is a playable level of the Outside VCI building helicopter cutscene, where you can explore on foot or use DOZY fly cheat. As this is TR5 which can be temperamental to mod, the level is a bit unstable in certain places and you may jamb or freeze up, so just use 'Alt + F4' to get out of the level.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/unwkb...lding.zip/file
Old 14-04-21, 19:50   #16
Woops
Archaeologist

you can just teleport lara anywhere with cheat engine :P just change coordinates and the room number. there's no need for unstable mods anymore! would you like my cheat table?
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 19:51   #17
perryloo
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
you can just teleport lara anywhere with cheat engine :P just change coordinates and the room number. there's no need for unstable mods anymore! would you like my cheat table?
OK thanks
Old 15-04-21, 17:24   #18
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
I wonder if maybe Security Breach was ment to be a full level now since it seems to have gameplay assets. (We know Russia had a cut level.)
Never heard of this ! I'm very curious, do we know more about this cut level ?
Old 15-04-21, 19:17   #19
Joey79100
Professor

I think they referred to the additional outside sections that we already had a few screenshots of.

With the recently released TR5 reference maps, we can see more of it. See this Twitter thread for additional screenshots:
- Twitter thread
- TRF thread

Also, it was very recently confirmed it was not a cut level per say, but rather reworked areas that turned into the final level.
Quoting Ash quoting Joby Wood about it (this was on Discord):
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka
I can't find original mention of joby Wood level aaaa
Reply from him
"The level that you have mentioned was originally going to be a set of warehouses just outside of the dock area. I was playing a lot of Kingpin back then which i thought was a good game and so i was drawing quite a bit of inspiration from that at the time, i think. It is not really fair to say that the level never happened though as the reality is that it simply transformed itself more into the submarine base and outside dock / crane area..."
Joby also says to check out their enw vr game if anyone's interested http://www.triggerfishgames.com/ just plugging it ��

Last edited by Joey79100; 15-04-21 at 19:19.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 19:01   #20
Sarah7777
Inactive

Sarah7777 is offline   Reply With Quote