www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 18-11-18, 09:43   #13641
Ellioft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
Yea I have to agree... the trailer I just saw on HBO was arguably better than any trailers they made for the movies theatrical release...
Yeah the trailer is good I want to know the name of the music
Old 18-11-18, 10:34   #13642
Grizzly Bear
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
I feel that this could work as a TV series:

Maybe it could work, but a tv series means no Alicia.
And I think that if this series continues, it has to be with Alicia; so I really don't want a tv series.

However, the HBO tv spot is way better than the ones they did for the actual release in theaters!

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 18-11-18 at 16:17.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 16:19   #13643
laracroftswest
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
Its made 12 million in physical sales in the US per the-numbers site. So thats a 10m profit at least, not counting streaming rights and international sales. No idea if that includes digital sales either.

Also no idea if those numbers are good.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/To...ab=video-sales
These don't seem recently updated since the first 6 weeks totaled are close to that number. I know it's probably not a huge increase but I'd guess it's more than 12 million atm and closer to 15 or so.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 18:49   #13644
Grimaldi
Professor

Having rewatched the movie recently, I think I might’ve been too harsh on it at the time. I stand by a lot of my complaints, but it just hit me how genuinely good it is overall. I’d still make changes once she reaches the island, namely doing away with Trinity, introducing the Solarii, keeping the supernatural elements and having Richard be dead, but yeah, it was fun to revisit and makes me more eager for a sequel.

i still want to marry lu ren send help
Old 19-11-18, 11:52   #13645
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
Having rewatched the movie recently, I think I might’ve been too harsh on it at the time. I stand by a lot of my complaints, but it just hit me how genuinely good it is overall. I’d still make changes once she reaches the island, namely doing away with Trinity, introducing the Solarii, keeping the supernatural elements and having Richard be dead, but yeah, it was fun to revisit and makes me more eager for a sequel.

I totally understand your opinions on this, given that it would have been closer to the actual game story, however you have to remember that WB was aiming for a new franchise of movies here, so it makes perfect sense that Trinity was introduced right from the start to give her a reason pursue them for the next films. Obviously, if we ever get a sequel it's yet to be seen, but they certainly set it up that way.
Old 19-11-18, 21:23   #13646
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post

I wasn't harsh on it when I first watched it but my experience was a little bittersweet because I had a lot of expectations. I watched it twice in theaters and the second time was much better. I recently rewatched it with a friend of mine who just finished playing TR2013 and Rise and we both loved it. I'm pretty impressed with it overall.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 21:55   #13647
Ellioft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
I wasn't harsh on it when I first watched it but my experience was a little bittersweet because I had a lot of expectations. I watched it twice in theaters and the second time was much better. I recently rewatched it with a friend of mine who just finished playing TR2013 and Rise and we both loved it. I'm pretty impressed with it overall.
Now I'm excited for the year to come because Alicia doesn't have a few movies for 2019 so I really hope for something exciting with a new and experienced director.
Old 19-11-18, 22:54   #13648
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Now I'm excited for the year to come because Alicia doesn't have a few movies for 2019 so I really hope for something exciting with a new and experienced director.
I kind of want Roar back, though. Just with a better script and a tighter, but better used budget. I think the movie was very well directed and mostly edited, just needs a better script, a better stunt team (so they don't have to fix them with CGI) and better CGI (though that seems to be a WB problem, not his problem).
Old 19-11-18, 23:12   #13649
PaNtHERA
Hobbyist

It's only me who think Tomb of Himiko part was too dark? In theater I barely saw the movie with 3D glasses.
PaNtHERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 23:17   #13650
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaNtHERA View Post
It's only me who think Tomb of Himiko part was too dark? In theater I barely saw the movie with 3D glasses.
That's why I said the edition was "mostly" good. It wasn't just the tomb, all darker scenes were too dark.