www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 10-02-20, 23:26   #3681
Rai

With the enemies, the Doctor was led to that place in order to free one of them, so she had the means to re-trap them the whole time, so that's why it seems so easy, I suppose. I think though it would have been better if they'd introduced both of them sooner and the Doctor was stumped for longer. It did feel a bit rushed. I think I'll re-watch this one so that I can be clearer on the details. Hopefully.
Old 11-02-20, 21:27   #3682
jajay119
Tomb Raider

The problem with the filler episodes this series too is that they're worlds apart from the main narrative ones. In the earlier days of the series the non main narrative episodes were still great and some were even some of the best. The Girl in the Fireplace, Blink, Silence in the Library and the episode where the Tardis takes on human form are all ones that stick with me even all these years later. Whilst it's not strictly a problem with just Jodie's doctor its certainly been a stand out flaw for her episodes that many of them are just rather dull and poorly written if they're not main narrative.
Old 16-02-20, 19:04   #3683
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

That episode was so good, I did not expect the
Cybermen to return at all just yet, looking forward to the finale now, I can't wait.
Old 16-02-20, 21:30   #3684
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

A decent episode! Even with a large cast yet again, it worked. Half way through I guessed it was

the lone cyberman. I hope this means Jack and maybe the Master will be back for the finale.

I almost didn't bother watching this weeks episode but it was worth it.
Old 16-02-20, 21:33   #3685
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Judging from the next time trailer there's a guy with a long coat, could be The Master, could be Jack. One of them will definitely be back in the finale. If Jack doesn't appear then he will definitely 100% be in the New Year's special which rumors have the Daleks returning
Old 17-02-20, 01:50   #3686
Rai

I enjoyed this episode.
I felt the companions were a tad surplus to requirements, except for Graham who was once again used for comedic relief. Although I like how they left open an explanation for the maid and little girl 'ghosts'.

I really liked the lone Cyberman and his unfinished state and the way they almost had us thinking he still had some feelings, talking to the baby, then realising he'd left him alone.

Looking forward to the Final two-parter.
Old 17-02-20, 06:36   #3687
croftyboy
Historian

This episode was better than most of the other episodes in this series, but I wish the cyberman appeared much earlier and make a 3 part finale instead of 2 parts. The first half of the episode is a knockoff from Hide and God Complex imho. Then finally the storyarch comes to an alignment. Loved the new design btw, finally they don't look like Iron Man. That's what I love about classic Cybermen, you can still feel that they were human once. But Cybermen since 2006 were just "evil robots". Finally we're getting rid of that.

Btw, it was confirmed that Jack wouldn't appear in this season anymore, maybe for 13th series.
I am still waiting for that -other Doctor- story. She was confirmed to be in this timeline, this universe, "the" Doctor. I hope they don't retcon the past and say "Hartnell wasn't the first. The Doctor was originally a woman... etc." In my eyes, that would be a big disrespect for the past 56 years of the show and Hartnell himself.

And Christmas (or new year -whatever they'd decide this time-) special [B] must [/B] have -at least show- a Dalek, or else they lose the copyright. (Remember the 6th series finale, they just showed a hurt Dalek for maybe a minute or so.)

The creator of the Daleks (Terry Nation) made a contract about that. Daleks must be shown in every season (I believe that's why the Daleks lost their ability to really scare the audience because the writers feels some obligation rather than passion to write a Dalek story).
Although Chibnall was against using the past enemies for the 11th season, that's why they had to use a Dalek for the new years special as it still counts as a part of 11th series, so they still hold the rights.

Last edited by croftyboy; 17-02-20 at 06:38.
croftyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-20, 11:23   #3688
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Like episode 4 a solid but nice enough historical story.

Was hoping this story to be the "Utopia / Face the Raven" type of episode tying into the final and... happy it was the case.
So we know more about the Lone Cybermen and Doctor's choice is heavy on consequences. Just have to wait the final then.
Old 23-02-20, 19:08   #3689
Rai

Holy Cybermen, that was good. I was on the edge of my seat the entire episode.

Now to wait a week for part 2.
Old 23-02-20, 19:17   #3690
Jami393
Tomb Raider

You're telling me it was good . I wonder if we'll finally get all the questions answered next week.