Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 21-06-19, 06:17   #471
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Debating whether my next replay when all the DLCs are out should be One with the Jungle or Deadly Obsession..
If it's a NG+ playthrough then do it on DO. All the skills help out a lot in DO.

Of course you'll have to worry about some parts of the game that still bug out sometimes causing Lara to not grab a ledge. This is notoriously present especially in the Piller at the beginning with the rope wall jump and the Tsunami with the lamp post.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-19, 16:02   #472
Yuna´s Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Of course you'll have to worry about some parts of the game that still bug out sometimes causing Lara to not grab a ledge. This is notoriously present especially in the Piller at the beginning with the rope wall jump and the Tsunami with the lamp post.
Mmm...I never had any problem with the lamp in Cozumel. It might be a PC thing (?)

The Pillar's wall run requires swinging back and forth to ensure Lara grabs the ledge. At least I always do it that way and Lara always grabs the ledge.

There is only one ledge I can think of that it's just TERRIBLE. It's in Zipacna's tomb, to the left after rope-pulling a switch, almost at the end. I died twice or three times there because of it.
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-19, 21:35   #473
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
Mmm...I never had any problem with the lamp in Cozumel. It might be a PC thing (?)

The Pillar's wall run requires swinging back and forth to ensure Lara grabs the ledge. At least I always do it that way and Lara always grabs the ledge.

There is only one ledge I can think of that it's just TERRIBLE. It's in Zipacna's tomb, to the left after rope-pulling a switch, almost at the end. I died twice or three times there because of it.
Yeah it's most likely a PC thing since the consoles have gotten patches for things still not working well in PC.

I know what you mean in that tomb. I died a few times because that specific part as well. Currently still in that tomb on my DO playthrough and haven't budged for a while since dying and restarting the whole tomb several times now.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-19, 19:43   #474
moodydog

Does any else find stealth just insane in deadly obsession mode? I literally just hid in the bushes, as then all at once the enemies became "alert" of my presence, and started looking for me. Absolutely no prompt by me, I wasn't even touching the controller. Then I killed someone as they approached me in the bushes, and everyone immediately went on red alert, despite no one being too close to me.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-19, 20:09   #475
laracroftswest

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
Does any else find stealth just insane in deadly obsession mode? I literally just hid in the bushes, as then all at once the enemies became "alert" of my presence, and started looking for me. Absolutely no prompt by me, I wasn't even touching the controller. Then I killed someone as they approached me in the bushes, and everyone immediately went on red alert, despite no one being too close to me.
It can be wonky. I think of it almost like choreography...having to hit at exact points in order to properly do what's necessary. It's tough for sure, but insanely rewarding once you finish it.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-19, 20:10   #476
Robwood

No, I've never had a problem with stealth.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-19, 20:28   #477
xspacedude

I did and I loved it.
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-19, 19:56   #478
moodydog

Ugh I try stealth and I just end up brawling.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-19, 20:15   #479
DOPE

I did DO on my second playthrough without going NG+ and it ended being one of my most satisfying achievements! Aside from the few times where the controls bugged out on me, I loved the feeling of failing because I rushed through things and knowing that it was my fault. I hope for this difficulty and the different settings for platform, exploration and combat to be present in the next games as well I'd like to actually see it become the standard for games focused on puzzles and traversal too (when it'd be appropriate of course).
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-19, 14:55   #480
ANoDE
Golden

Stupid question: Where is the (second) savepoint in Cozumel? It's been a while since I completed the game for the first time, so I started a NG+ on DO. I have forgotten where all the QTE's set in and how the enemies spawn, making me have to play this whole sequence over and over again due to failure. I was hoping that there was a savepoint after the cave-in and before the enemy-encounter, but that turned out to be a false assumption. Now I'm wondering how far I have to progress for the next savepoint, because it's becoming a tad tedious now.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote