Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 10-02-20, 16:29   #23891
Cat Woman

My friends and I really liked Lucifer. Watched all the TV shows.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 20:49   #23892
charmedangelin

Sweet baby Jesus oh my God, finally some good ****ing news for once. Remember when I posted about my school wanting me to pay almost $7000 for last year's fall semester? I couldn't attend that due to family emergency and I couldn't get any money or loans to pay for school?

I had been dealing with debt collectors trying to collect on it and charging fees and I was up to my neck in stress. Well God has shined the light on my life for once because the appeal I filed with the school a few months ago finally came through and I got a decision letter in the mail. They are going to write off the $7000 and accepted my appeal. They have recalled the debt from collections and I currently no longer owe the school the money.

Thank freaking god, I of course had prepared myself in case the appeal failed, but I am so glad that part of the battle is over.

At least my credit rating will go back to normal and I can breath a bit.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 21:19   #23893
Portugalraider

I honestly can't fathom how and why US university are so goddamn expensive! 7000$ for one semester? Jesus, my five year plus one extra semester Bachelor+Masters degree wasn't even 5900€ for the entire thing! And that is still very expensive for Portuguese standards!

At least you were able to get the appeal approved.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 21:21   #23894
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I honestly can't fathom how and why US university are so goddamn expensive! 7000$ for one semester? Jesus, my five year plus one extra semester Bachelor+Masters degree wasn't even 5900€ for the entire thing! And that is still very expensive for Portuguese standards!

Ikr? Why is education so expensive over there?
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 21:36   #23895
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post

Yeah it's crazy expensive here. I currently still owe $35,000 in student loan debt for the 4 years I've been at University trying to finish my bachelor's. I estimate I'll be at least $40,000 in debt by the time I graduate.

Luckly I don't have to pay any of that right now, but this kind of high tuition is unsustainable as many people here have thousands in debt like I do.
Old 10-02-20, 21:48   #23896
kathrynnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Sweet baby Jesus oh my God, finally some good ****ing news for once. Remember when I posted about my school wanting me to pay almost $7000 for last year's fall semester? I couldn't attend that due to family emergency and I couldn't get any money or loans to pay for school?

I had been dealing with debt collectors trying to collect on it and charging fees and I was up to my neck in stress. Well God has shined the light on my life for once because the appeal I filed with the school a few months ago finally came through and I got a decision letter in the mail. They are going to write off the $7000 and accepted my appeal. They have recalled the debt from collections and I currently no longer owe the school the money.

Thank freaking god, I of course had prepared myself in case the appeal failed, but I am so glad that part of the battle is over.

At least my credit rating will go back to normal and I can breath a bit.
Glad you got your appeal approved! That's crazy.
kathrynnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 21:55   #23897
SnatchingEdges

35,000? And I got angry when they fined me 8 euros.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 05:30   #23898
Cat Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynnn View Post
Glad you got your appeal approved! That's crazy.
Great news. One thing less you have to worry about.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 07:30   #23899
New Dwight
Inactive

ppl, this forum being a prime example of others treating u different the moment they find out u have mental illness.
like im less of a person in actually speaking of it in any sort of way instead o bottling up like usual then explosding by actually shooting myself or someone else getting in the way,
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-20, 06:01   #23900
charmedangelin

Mood after today, going to the hospital and nearly passing out during breathing tests and having an attack right in the office. Feeling tired of dealing with alot of this mess and then I come here and find out that the very thing I grew attached to and adored is going to change, not in a good way and is going to take something else from me, like no one else or nothing else hasn't taken enough already.

Just, not feeling good at all, very frustrated and just over the whole thing. Every time and I mean every time I get attached to something is changes and goes away. Maybe the Buddhist way is the only way to get along because clearly my way isn't work. Attachment is just a doorway to nothing else but general annoying headaches and things that just skrew you over in the end every time.