Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 02-04-20, 12:58   #24041
Quebsenuef

I was attacked by dogs yesterday.

The neighborhood is set up in a park essentially. There's tons of paths and trails in and out between houses, behind houses, etc.
it's a PARK. There's park rules signs everywhere.

I'm walking along this horseshoe bend. There are two houses that have backyards to this path. One has a fence. The second one before the bend cuts to the left on the side of this house does not.

Backyard. No fence. Big deck. Screen door slightly open. I don't see anything on the deck. No person. No dogs. I'm looking at my phone. Headphones in. I'm on the path behind this guys house.

I see this black thing JUMP at me on my left. It was so fast it was just a black blur in my peripheral. I instinctively flinch and hold my hands close to my body and turn my head behind me to look at see. It's a Rottweiler/Boxer mix I think. It's the body of a Rott but sort of the square face and shape of a Boxer. Another white dog that was a mutt, I cannot identify the breed but it was white with black markings, I think some spots towards its legs on the side.. that dog is running at me.

I don't know where they came from.

As I'm paying attention to the white dog, the black dog jumps at me from the left side again from behind, snaps at me.

I'm holding my arms up against my chest so they don't get ahold of my hands or arms. They begin to circle me and I slowly walk forward more. I'm spooked! On edge. I'm thinking "**** I'm about to be one of those people who gets mailed by a dog and it’s TWO dogs"

I hear "BEAR!!" and I look over at the second house, no fence. Man is on the deck. . The black dog comes back to him but the white dog is still around me. He yells "HEY!" and that dog comes back to him.

No leash. No fence. Big dogs. I'm freaked out.

I keep walking but I yell "you need to put a leash on your dogs."

He smiles and rolls his eyes "my property buddy."

"Keep your dogs on a leash!"

He's more annoyed now.
"It's my yard. Keep walking buddy."

"Why don't you go walk somewhere else??"

"Keep. Your dogs. On a LEASH!"

"Hey! Mind your business!" He shouts.

His wife or girlfriend comes out. She's parroting everything he's saying, without even KNOWING what happened.

"It IS my business when your dogs tried to bite me!" I shout.

"My dogs have never bit anyone!"

And in my best authority, loud voice I shouted "YOU BETTER ****ING HOPE THEY DONT"

And I kept walking.. they didn't say anything after that. I immediately FaceTimed a friend just in case he came after me or the dogs chased me some more.

I'm on a PUBLIC PATH behind your house and your dogs LEFT your property to snap at me. You ****ing piece of garbage.

And when his wife or girlfriend came out and just kept saying the same **** I thought "piss off, you didn't even see ****"

Man.. I regret not yelling at them more. Upset.

I drove by tonight with a friend to catch the address so I can file a report with the humane society. I know I wasn't injured but there are TONS of kids in the park and neighborhood playing because they’re not in school.

Awful garbage humans.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 13:41   #24042
Blue_light

^Wow, I really despise those types of people. Just because the dogs never bit anyone, that doesn't mean that they couldn't, the dogs clearly have no discipline around people, and can easily go mental when over excited.

I'm glad you weren't hurt nor bitten, dog bites are very nasty.
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 15:19   #24043
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I was attacked by dogs yesterday.

The neighborhood is set up in a park essentially. There's tons of paths and trails in and out between houses, behind houses, etc.
it's a PARK. There's park rules signs everywhere.

I'm walking along this horseshoe bend. There are two houses that have backyards to this path. One has a fence. The second one before the bend cuts to the left on the side of this house does not.

Backyard. No fence. Big deck. Screen door slightly open. I don't see anything on the deck. No person. No dogs. I'm looking at my phone. Headphones in. I'm on the path behind this guys house.

I see this black thing JUMP at me on my left. It was so fast it was just a black blur in my peripheral. I instinctively flinch and hold my hands close to my body and turn my head behind me to look at see. It's a Rottweiler/Boxer mix I think. It's the body of a Rott but sort of the square face and shape of a Boxer. Another white dog that was a mutt, I cannot identify the breed but it was white with black markings, I think some spots towards its legs on the side.. that dog is running at me.

I don't know where they came from.

As I'm paying attention to the white dog, the black dog jumps at me from the left side again from behind, snaps at me.

I'm holding my arms up against my chest so they don't get ahold of my hands or arms. They begin to circle me and I slowly walk forward more. I'm spooked! On edge. I'm thinking "**** I'm about to be one of those people who gets mailed by a dog and it’s TWO dogs"

I hear "BEAR!!" and I look over at the second house, no fence. Man is on the deck. . The black dog comes back to him but the white dog is still around me. He yells "HEY!" and that dog comes back to him.

No leash. No fence. Big dogs. I'm freaked out.

I keep walking but I yell "you need to put a leash on your dogs."

He smiles and rolls his eyes "my property buddy."

He's more annoyed now.
"It's my yard. Keep walking buddy."

"Why don't you go walk somewhere else??"

"Keep. Your dogs. On a LEASH!"

"Hey! Mind your business!" He shouts.

His wife or girlfriend comes out. She's parroting everything he's saying, without even KNOWING what happened.

"It IS my business when your dogs tried to bite me!" I shout.

"My dogs have never bit anyone!"

And in my best authority, loud voice I shouted "YOU BETTER ****ING HOPE THEY DONT"

And I kept walking.. they didn't say anything after that. I immediately FaceTimed a friend just in case he came after me or the dogs chased me some more.

I'm on a PUBLIC PATH behind your house and your dogs LEFT your property to snap at me. You ****ing piece of garbage.

And when his wife or girlfriend came out and just kept saying the same **** I thought "piss off, you didn't even see ****"

Man.. I regret not yelling at them more. Upset.

I drove by tonight with a friend to catch the address so I can file a report with the humane society. I know I wasn't injured but there are TONS of kids in the park and neighborhood playing because they’re not in school.

Awful garbage humans.
Being attacked or the fear of being attacked is never nice. Being attacked by people isn't nice, being attacked by other forms of life isn't nice either. Most dogs are very loving creatures, but there are many who are quite the opposite. I've been intimidated by dogs before, it wasn't pleasant. Going by what you've said, it sounds like the dog's owners were lousy and dim-witted. You should report this to the necessary people; the dogs could cause harm to others, and the owners probably shouldn't have pets. I think you handled the situation very well.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 01:25   #24044
charmedangelin

Face feeling smooth after shaving off all the peach fuzz. This new razor is really something, it cut so close to the skin I don't even feel the small pricks of hair on my face. I look a bit weird without it, but I like my face feeling smooth.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 01:35   #24045
New Dwight
Inactive

How can one stay positive during this time? Legit question. Coz all is lost in fog.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 01:40   #24046
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
How can one stay positive during this time? Legit question. Coz all is lost in fog.
I try not to really think about it too much. In my head I separate the real world outside vs the real world in my home vs the fantasy world in my head. I bounce around from one world to another depending on the situation and the time of day it is. Spending way too long in any of these world's can have their effects on me too, thus I bounce around.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 02:07   #24047
Rai

Quote:
It can be tough at times. For me it can help to try and think of things I am grateful for. Also, finding things you enjoy doing can help if you need something to keep occupied with. Even if it's watching a favourite tv show or film or listening to upbeat music. Having someone to talk to helps too. I live alone, so having my son and his girlfriend on the end of the phone has helped so much. Remember, it's not forever, things will work out right eventually. None of us are truly alone in this, we're all going through this weird, wonky time and we'll get through the other side.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 07:34   #24048
ANoDE
Golden

Well, I've been crying the whole day for absolutely no reason. Maybe my soul's finally letting out all the anxiousness and worries I've been piling up over the past few weeks. I'm hoping it will have cleansing effect and so I just let it come.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 10:01   #24049
DragonSlayer

I'm because I have to wait until GameStop reopens because of this unnecessary lockdown before I can get my RE3 collectors edition if GameStop think I'm paying full price again just to have it delivered to my house they can think again and go themselves.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 13:06   #24050
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Face feeling smooth after shaving off all the peach fuzz. This new razor is really something, it cut so close to the skin I don't even feel the small pricks of hair on my face. I look a bit weird without it, but I like my face feeling smooth.
Am I the only person who frequently ends up with sores and trails of blood on my face after shaving?

Quote:
Are you referring to the Coronavirus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Well, I've been crying the whole day for absolutely no reason. Maybe my soul's finally letting out all the anxiousness and worries I've been piling up over the past few weeks. I'm hoping it will have cleansing effect and so I just let it come.
I've had occasions of random crying. Also, as someone who suffers from depression and anxiety really badly, I often cry due to how bad I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I'm because I have to wait until GameStop reopens because of this unnecessary lockdown before I can get my RE3 collectors edition if GameStop think I'm paying full price again just to have it delivered to my house they can think again and go themselves.
The Coronavirus is a real nuisance; all the good stuff is getting suspended/cancelled. I can understand why though; it's in the interest of public safety.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote