Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 26-06-18, 13:49   #31
irishhips

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
And miss out on the few TV shows I'm watching at the moment, never going to happen.
maybe get SKY+, record your shows and skip the ads, I do that.
irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 16:20   #32
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishhips View Post
Bro, maybe ya should just stop watching TV all together
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 22:15   #33
TR FAN 18

- Crystal Maze having celebs again. For crying out loud Channel 4, I want to watch normal people on this programme and not annoying Z-listers that try to make themselves look stupid!
Also, a YouTuber is NOT A CELEBRITY!

- Rehashing the same old reality crap every year. I'm talking about stuff like X Factor, Britain's Got (No) Talent, Big Brother and Strictly Come Dancing!

- Love Island existing and ITV thinking we care about it by plugging it during every programme!

- BBC2 cancelling Robot Wars to "create room for new shows". Yeah right!
TR FAN 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 23:10   #34
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishhips View Post
maybe get SKY+, record your shows and skip the ads, I do that.
I record most of what I watch and skip the ads other than when planned recordings overlap, the box tells me to power down so it can record both I don't do that if I had recordings set for film4 and Sky Living at the same time I'd cancel one recording and just set it for the next recording on Sky Living+1.

There are only two shows I don't record they are the ones I watch with my mother, trying to get her to watch a recording can be sometimes difficult, it's just easier to watch it live and less hassle.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 11:21   #35
Jami393

For me, one of the worst decisions ever made was the cancellation of Almost Human. One of the best Sci-fi shows I've ever watched and it was cancelled by a network in America who have a history of cancelling TV shows, Fox.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 17:24   #36
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR FAN 18 View Post
- Crystal Maze having celebs again. For crying out loud Channel 4, I want to watch normal people on this programme and not annoying Z-listers that try to make themselves look stupid!
Also, a YouTuber is NOT A CELEBRITY!
I agree out of all the so called celebrities that have been on the new Crystal Maze I only recognized one of them, I haven't watched that many episodes.

The first or second episode of the first series of the Crystal Maze had one of the best bits, after someone failed a game where he had to direct all the balls in a particular direction with dropping any on the floor which was an out of bounds area.

One of the contestants started laughing when Richard Ayoade said all the balls have fallen from there she went into a continuous fit of laughter every time he said balls.

As much as I like Richard Ayoade, I wish they could have brought back the original host Richard O'Brien he made the Crystal Maze what it was even if it was just a cameo for a passing of the torch scene from one host to another.

Richard O'Brien sort of did that when he left the Crystal Maze by writing a letter to the next master of the Crystal Maze, I wish they had at least brought back Mumsy from the original Crystal Maze I could see Joanna Lumley playing the part of the new Mumsy.
Old 22-07-18, 16:07   #37
DragonSlayer

Out of the blue Virgin Media have removed (or as they like to call it withdrawn) the channels GOLD, Dave, Alibi and W, and replaced them with CBS Drama, CBS Reality, CBS Action and The Horror Channel.

They didn't give much away on the link that I saw while browsing the TV guide, it just says Virgin Media worked hard to get a deal for our customers with UKTV but couldn't reach an agreement and have to say goodbye to Dave, GOLD, Alibi and W.

It will suck not being able to watch Only Fools and Horses and other shows on GOLD anymore, ER on CBS Drama will make up for it and hopefully there will be some good stuff on the Horror Channel at some point, I don't expect to ever see Cannibal Holocaust on the Horror Channel.
Old 22-07-18, 16:25   #38
jajay119

All of the ‘new’ channels are available on Freeview. Hardly good customer value for them. I expect a lot of people will be renegotiating the entertainment package price now. GOLD is one of very few reasons to buy into a cable tv package here in the uk.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-18, 17:10   #39
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
All of the ‘new’ channels are available on Freeview. Hardly good customer value for them. I expect a lot of people will be renegotiating the entertainment package price now. GOLD is one of very few reasons to buy into a cable tv package here in the uk.
I think they should have communicated the news about the channels being removed long before they were removed, it does mention on their Facebook and Twitter pages that they are introducing 4 new channels to our TV offering but it doesn't say anything about 4 channels being removed.

Virgin Media seem to up a lot from moving their customer service from nearby to a foreign country where they can't understand you, do you remember that scene in the first Transformers movie where that guy was trying to get a call through to the pentagon and the foreign guy was saying sir your attitude is not helping I'm going to ask you to speak clearly into the mouthpiece and would you like our premium package, if you haven't seen it type Transformers call center scene into YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

Back in 2010 Virgin Media then operating under the name UPC ran a 48 hour trial of the channel Sky Atlantic then didn't bother getting the channel, why they bothered with a trial when they seemingly/obviously had no intention of supplying the channel I'll never know.

Virgin Media need to work on their communication skills they should have informed people long before they removed the channels that the channels would be removed, since they obviously suck at communication both via email and over social media, they should stick to sending letters through the post.

Like most people I only found out today that the channels were gone while looking through the guide for something to watch, that was a really lazy way of informing people that the channels were gone, it might have been quick by Virgin Media's standards but it was really lazy of them to do it that way.
Old 25-07-18, 06:23   #40
sierra xb

MTV and Spike completely destroying The Shannara Chronicles, and original author Terry Brooks for letting them do it. I have been a fan of the Shannara series books for a long time, and was so excited when I found out that a live action mini-series was being made. I had some doubts when it was announced that the series would start with Elfstones of Shannara, the second book in the original trilogy, but I figured better that than nothing. So, when it finally came out, I watched it...

And was soooooooo dissapointed. Season 1 kept only the most basic elements of the original story, but literally butchered everything else. They added so many things, removed many others, and the violence level was off the charts. Season 2 was even worse. I was hoping for at least a chronological progression, but instead, we got a mixture of books 1 and 3, and the addition of an entirely new (as in not in the books at all) storyline and associated characters...and so much more gratuitous violence that I didn't even finish watching all of it. Shannara is one of these book series like LOTR...either do it right, or don't do it at all.

Then there are the others....the unnecessary cancellation of my favorite shows like Firefly, Terra Nova, The Secret Circle (pissed at WB/CW for not even releasing it on dvd), SGA (and where is the movie they promised), SGU, Revolution, and so many others that were dropped for idiotic reasons. But hey, at least we are getting a new season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
sierra xb is offline   Reply With Quote