Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 18-12-18, 00:37   #1
Reggie

Default Any Gameplay Mods?

I have just installed all various graphic mods which have made a real difference - Arsunt, AODfan and Peixoto take a bow.

Before I begin a playthrough, I just want to know if I'm missing anything else.

The main thing I'm looking for is anything which alters the gameplay i.e. fewer enemies or enemies which can spawn at different locations, fewer pickups or pickups in different places. I'm sure I saw something like it around but can't find anything.

Secondly, is there any way to replace the music files? Would be nice to look at getting some Nathan McCree's remastered work in there.

Any pointers on gameplay or music modding would be most appreciated.

Last edited by Reggie; 18-12-18 at 00:38.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-18, 01:48   #2
laravision

In regards to the music in TR2; unless you aren't willing to create your own custom cdaudio.mp3 and DAT file, or know how to create mix mode CD's/ISO with CDDA tracks, then you're going to require a patched executable (such as Arsunt's), plus some .dll files to allow separate mp3 files to be compatible.
First, navigate to your TR2 directory and backup your current audio folder. Now download and extract these mp3 tracks and place the audio folder and the 2 .dll files - "fmodex.dll" and "winmm.dll" in the main game folder.

The separate mp3 audio files should now work, and you can replace the tracks in the folder with the audio of your choice (such as those from the suite/remaster). Just ensure that the tracks you replace are in mp3 format, and renamed to the correct number for the track you are replacing. For instance, track 60 is the main title screen theme; if you wish to change it to something else, the mp3 track you use must also be named 60. It's also possible that the mp3 tracks you choose, must be of a constant bit-rate, and not a variable one, but I'm not entirely sure of that.

Last edited by laravision; 08-10-21 at 18:15. Reason: updated links
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-18, 00:30   #3
Reggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
In regards to the music in TR2; unless you aren't willing to create your own custom cdaudio.mp3 and DAT file, or know how to create mix mode CD's/ISO with CDDA tracks, then you're going to require a patched executable (such as Arsunt's), plus some .dll files to allow separate mp3 files to be compatible.
First, navigate to your TR2 directory and backup your current audio folder, then create a new folder and name it "audio".
Now download and extract these 320kbps mp3 tracks and place them in the newly created "audio" folder. Next, you'll need to download this and find the folder named "Audio Solution DLL Files". This folder contains 2 .dll files - "fmodex.dll" and "winmm.dll". Copy these to the main game folder.

The separate mp3 audio files should now work, and you can replace the tracks in the folder with the audio of your choice (such as those from the suite/remaster). Just ensure that the tracks you replace are in mp3 format, and renamed to the correct number for the track you are replacing. For instance, track 60 is the main title screen theme; if you wish to change it to something else, the mp3 track you use must also be named 60. It's also possible that the mp3 tracks you choose, must be of a constant bit-rate, and not a variable one, but I'm not entirely sure of that.
Thanks! Looks like it's possible then but will take a bit of time. I've carried on with my playthrough for now but will work on the soundtrack when I get the chance.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote