Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 07-06-17, 19:53   #21
SrDanielPonces

I really love the detail you've put into this

This is likely to be a very wip room but my suggestion (for those kind of levels - that is, Maria Doria), to put a rather dark blue lighting with very short horizont. It gives great atmosphere, at least for me.

Although your style might be different, I'm sure you'll end up doing something fantastic!

Good luck
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 20:20   #22
tomb2player

Thanks! There is only room ambient light on the screenshot. So shadow bulbs here and there will make it darker. I am personally not big fan of dark levels so it won't be that dark. It will be similar to what it was in TR2.

About details, it takes often really big amount of work and time. But final effect which is satisfying for me is holding me up. Sometimes one 128x128 complex texture can take hours to make. Or mesh for static object. And there is another thing, making similar things over and over again, what can get easy boring and tedious.
tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-17, 14:57   #23
tomb2player

I noticed that Imgur.com decided for some reason to remove old 3 images. I don't like this and decided to post them again, including one new, because why not.

and new:

Next update won't be soon, as I don't want to show everything, but keep informed that I am working on this and it's not abandoned.
Old 23-06-17, 01:17   #24
LaraSpears

Mate, I love the classic approach you're going with, and I absolutely LOVE TR2's shipwreck levels, and this is something to look forward too, good luck.
LaraSpears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-17, 14:33   #25
tomb2player

I also love TR2's shipwreck levels. Classic approach when it comes to gameplay and design, graphics more advanced.
Old 23-06-17, 17:49   #26
Niveus

It looks like you're putting a good amount of detail into the environment, and in just the right places, too.

Ceiling girders are effective because I find ceilings are very often neglected in terms of looks.
The variation in their textures is also pleasing to the eye. Wallpapering can be hard to avoid on "modular" objects.

If I may make one suggestion, then it would be that the girders to not exactly match, and there is a hair's width's gap in between them. It is work I think moving the vertices one point across in Meta, on one side only, to remove this gap.

(I often get this little irk, too, even if my objects are exactly 1024 points in width. Whether this is the fault of StrPix or Meta I've no clue, but shifting one side along a point always corrects this for me.)
Niveus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-17, 18:47   #27
tomb2player

Thanks. When vertices of girders will be merged together in Meta2TR, it will solve the problem, so no need to worry.
Old 23-06-17, 18:50   #28
Niveus

Very true indeed.
Niveus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-17, 10:15   #29
TombRaiderTim

I remember when I first played the original, I was towards the end just going down the shaft after placing the circuit breakers when the music began playing, I ended up being distracted and starting singing and totally lost track of where I was swimming to and drowned Lara...
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-17, 13:37   #30
tomb2player

In original some musics were misplaced in my opinion, for example one was way too long and dramatic, Enya was also probably a mistake... Music with vocals don't match classic Tomb Raider experience I guess. It was still amateur work let's be honest, If I was creating this level these days, I would do many things different.