Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > New Member Introductions, Birthdays and Congratulations

Old 13-10-19, 06:06   #1
XXIIXX
Inactive

Talking Hey!

Hey guys!

My name is George and I'm new here.

I'm from Greece and I actually used to frequent these forums when I was in middle school but as a guest.

In recent years I had a bit of a "falling out" with Tomb Raider and Lara Croft and I was kind of done with how toxic the fandom has become (Classic fans Vs. AoD fans Vs. TRilogy fans Vs. Reboot fans) but my passion for the series has recently been reignited and I figured I should be "among my people" lol

I remember the first time I came across Lara was actually not through gaming but through her iconic Lucozade ad where she was chased by the dogs and I was like "WHO IS SHE??" I was younger than ten years old and I was with my parents at their friends' house and I convinced their daughter, who was older, to go to the nearest convenience store with me so that I could get a "Larazade".

Fast forward to 2006 and my first time playing a Tomb Raider game, the iconic "Legend"! I played the **** out of Legend and Anniversary as a kid and also Angel of Darkness, Chronicles and later Underworld.

Lara has always been among the most influential video game characters for me and it was even thanks to her that I bonded with one of my best friends who is also a huge TR fan.

I'm currently in the middle of my first ever playthrough of Rise (I was mad at Crystal and Square for the last four years for the "timed exclusivity" bs so I hadn't touched Rise or Shadow up until now) and I'm having a lot of fun!

After I beat Rise and then Shadow I'll try to get my hands on the classics (maybe even AoD?) While I've played all of the games I only own the TRilogy and Reboot games so I'd like to change that.

Other than Tomb Raider I'm a huge Final Fantasy and Resident Evil fan. I also love fighting games, Tekken, Dead or Alive etc. but I'm mediocre at best lol

Other than video games I love a couple of K-pop girl groups like 2NE1, T-ara and others.

So yeah, that's me! I think I've already typed too much stuff, I tend to do that, so I guess I should stop here..!
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 06:24   #2
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Welcome to the forum.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 11:18   #3
Tomb Raidering

Welcome to the forums. I’m glad that you actually started with Legend and Anniversary, with Chronicles being on the ‘later-on’ side. Those are my fav games. I hope you have a good stay here... ^.^
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 15:04   #4
Alex Fly
Inactive

Hi and welcome, George!
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-19, 17:23   #5
XXIIXX
Inactive

Thanks for the welcome guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
I’m glad that you actually started with Legend and Anniversary, with Chronicles being on the ‘later-on’ side. Those are my fav games.
I think I've reached the conclusion that playing the TRilogy first and then AoD and the Classics is one of few ways to enjoy all Tomb Raider games haha. It certainly was challenging too!
Old 16-10-19, 21:35   #6
TrustyBow

Glad to have you! I've enjoyed all your posts so far!
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-19, 22:44   #7
Lord Insidious

Hi there!
Lord Insidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-19, 04:49   #8
XXIIXX
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Glad to have you! I've enjoyed all your posts so far!
Wow that's really encouraging to hear! Or rather, read lol. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Insidious View Post
Hi there!
Hey hey!
Old 17-10-19, 16:14   #9
Tommy123

Welcome to the forums!
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 02:09   #10
norabrave