killchan

Default Marvel's Avengers

I'll start the thread on a very positive note

for my standards.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06...cklash-e3-2019
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 14:49   #2
Zelda master

Thought this looked like an absolute bore and found that Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 looked a hell of a lot better (not graphically, before someone play that card).
But who knows, they got ways to go.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 16:41   #3
Yeauxleaux

I don't think the characters look that bad. I haven't watched any of the recent movies but I gather they're inspired by the (rather boring because realism) looks of the movie characters, which is fine I guess.

I think their heads look rather small, Captain America is very relatable in the waist (something CD seem to be a fan of), and I don't like most of their faces (especially Cap Am and Black Widow).

Also don't get me started on the abomination of making Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 exclusive to the Nintendo Switch. yes I'm salty. Also I see the X-Men get snubbed once again, with only 4 playable out of nearly 40 characters, with more coming only as bloody DLC. (5-6 if you count Magneto, who is a villain of the X-Men, and Scarlet Witch, who is way more an Avenger these days anyway). I'm so tired of the X-Men getting the short end of the stick while everything is about The Avengers these days. I'm forever waiting for X-Men Legends 3, which Marvel Ultimate Alliance kind of took the place of.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 14-06-19 at 17:01.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 19:36   #4
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I don't think the characters look that bad.
They don't look bad per se, they just look nothing like themselves. Crystal copied everything from the movies except the faces, which just makes it seem weird. If they wanted to create their own take on it, they shouldn't copy everything from the movies, down to the hair, except the faces. Now it just looks like the actors' stunt doubles instead of the actual characters they're supposed to be. It's actually kind of hilarious how ridicules they look.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 22:20   #5
biscuits

I don't know what to think about this game at all. On one hand, the stunt double models are simply atrocious. I also see zero creativity when it comes to the roster. They have all these obscure and great characters with such rich histories and stories and yet they settle for the lazy option and just copy the MCU movies, even down to the costumes. I'm not saying they're obligated to find inspiration from the comics or whatever, but what they made just shows a serious lack of creativity.

I also found it odd how they paraded all their A-list voice actors like it was some kind of achievement. It was like they were saying "YeAh!! LOoK hOw we HiRed ALl these wELl kNOwn actors! DOeSn't tHAt MAke OuR gAmE AwESOme!!!!??"
The voice actors didn't even seem to care that much either. All those performances sound so phoned in. When I heard Tony Stark, all I heard was Nathan Drake. It's like they only wanted those actors to make their game look good.

But on the other hand, I also heard great things about gameplay and graphics from people who saw the demo. They said it looked awesome. I also find the concept of each story mission belonging to a specific character and being suited for their type of gameplay interesting. Kamala Khan (Ms Marvel) being the main character is also really cool.

I'll wait for gameplay before judging though. People said the same things about Spiderman and God Of War. I just hope this turns out good.

Last edited by biscuits; 14-06-19 at 22:21.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 22:44   #6
Tommy123

This game looked so....mediocre like it honestly just looks like marvels ultimate alliance.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 22:55   #7
NoahCrofRaider

Simply put, these are my thoughts on it: The story looks kind of interesting, but idk, I’ll have to see. Graphics aren’t bad at all, although they have a little too much of the “glossy ‘n’ waxy” feel that Rise’s graphics had. Really, all in all, it looks okay, but I need gameplay to form a more complete perspective on it. One of my biggest complaints though is that I wish they were much more creative with it and didn’t just copy MCU overall and call it a day.

And as far as the whole dual pistols and acrobatics debacle with Black Widow goes, it is a bit aggravating, especially with their technology excuse a while back, but I’m not really enraged about it like others considering Black Widow has always had some resemblances to Lara. Not trying to open that can of worms, however.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 01:21   #8
Yuna´s Wish

Being showcased a few minutes after the brilliant Final Fantasy VII Remake kind of made everything worse :/
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 04:08   #9
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

The leaked gameplay is kinda yikes for me. Cutscene > set piece > QTE > cutscene > about 10 seconds of combat gameplay > cutscene.

Standard CD stuff, but I really want to see more actual gameplay that isn't just playing through a movie. I want to support them on this game and I will, but it looks like CD only know how to make one type of game with cutscenes, QTE's, and set pieces being the main focus.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 06:45   #10
scremanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
The leaked gameplay is kinda yikes for me. Cutscene > set piece > QTE > cutscene > about 10 seconds of combat gameplay > cutscene.

Standard CD stuff, but I really want to see more actual gameplay that isn't just playing through a movie. I want to support them on this game and I will, but it looks like CD only know how to make one type of game with cutscenes, QTE's, and set pieces being the main focus.
I’m under the impression that is just the opening sequence, just like the scavenger den in TR13. It gives us a chance to play as each character and get an understanding of their abilities while making us familiar with the controls. It looked pretty good from what I saw, and judging from the interviews and articles about it, you’ll play the campaign as your selective hero, so it’s a good opening to help you see which play style suits you the best. It was pretty standard QTE’s and over the top action to help suck you in to the mechanics, but from what I gather the rest of the game is a slower pace. I’m not mad about it.
scremanie is offline   Reply With Quote