Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 17-06-19, 13:34   #31
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Having Nathan back would be great for a new game, but then again Brian did such a wonderful job in SotTR that would be a shame to lose him.

A collaboration between the two, perhaps?
Honestly as great as Nathan is, I would have been fine if Brian just had the permission to use the classic motifs and went ahead with it.

As great as Nathan is, I’d personally love to see Brian be given another go at composing music for the next game.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 14:34   #32
mandylane

more female characters please. new.

i know in paititi and kuwak yaku and san juan there is random NPCs

but yeah i would like to see something beautiful as lara herself.

maybe she has a sister or something?
mandylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 14:48   #33
LaraCablara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post
Only a fool would believe in this “credible” source

Gimme a break
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Your credible source is a stupid idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
This is the stupidest thing I've heard all day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
No, and I'm glad it wasn't in Shadow. It doesn't belong there.
You all are so nasty like geez
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 17:05   #34
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Honestly as great as Nathan is, I would have been fine if Brian just had the permission to use the classic motifs and went ahead with it.

As great as Nathan is, I’d personally love to see Brian be given another go at composing music for the next game.
Oh, I agree. Brian is definitely a keeper for the next game, and would most definitely do a great job on his own, old themes or not.

But a nice, little collaboration wouldn't hurt anyone either
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 17:32   #35
josh2l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
The classic themes would fit if they altered them perfectly.

I mean look at this trailer for Shadow;

If you skip to 28 seconds they use the classic theme and it’s amazing, at first I thought I was mishearing it but after listening to it constantly, it IS the classic theme.
You’re totally right!
Though I’m wondering if it’s just coincidence, honestly. The four notes aren’t THAT distinct. But every time i hear them in any music, I love it.
josh2l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 19:36   #36
Ellioft

Sorry to bother everyone but go on the topic Tomb Raider Suite an apology (on the general thread) that's important.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 20:36   #37
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Sorry to bother everyone but go on the topic Tomb Raider Suite an apology (on the general thread) that's important.
And just like that I hope Nathan doesn't touch anything Tomb Raider related at all. Nor anything I remotely enjoy
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 20:54   #38
SoraSakai
Inactive

Even if this were true (it isn’t), but even if it were (which it’s not), in what way would this improve any issues with Shadow at all?

Are we all really that nostalgia-thirsty that a simple theme song would fix problems with the game?

It’s not like any of the narrative issues, gameplay flaws, and lack of true payoff would at all be fixed with the simple inclusion of a theme song.

Aside from that this is pointless to debate anyway because it just simply isn’t true.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 21:02   #39
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Even if this were true (it isn’t), but even if it were (which it’s not), in what way would this improve any issues with Shadow at all?

Are we all really that nostalgia-thirsty that a simple theme song would fix problems with the game?

It’s not like any of the narrative issues, gameplay flaws, and lack of true payoff would at all be fixed with the simple inclusion of a theme song.

Aside from that this is pointless to debate anyway because it just simply isn’t true.
For those who hate the game already, then no, it probably wouldn’t save the game, but little connections to the past can soothe wounds a little. That’s why some people really appreciate stuff like the teal recolor or the default outfit. It’s little things like those that can make people not feel forgotten.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 22:14   #40
malferink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma Darkmoon View Post
Hi guys. I have heard a credible leak which has been circulating so thought I would share this info on here. We know many have asked for the TR theme back well some of the tracks from Tomb Raider Suite were apparently at one stage supposed to be key tracks in Shadow. Let have a look at this info then.

~ The main theme of Shadow was to include the original TR motif and contained a section from what is now a track TRS called 'in the blood'.

~ The credits were to feature a second new reworking (There is a second reworking called precious moments featured in TRS)

~ A early section of the game where animals would attack in an arena from various entry points was to feature a reworked boss theme from the original game. (this sounds like the leopard den which also seems to fit)

~ All these inclusions were apparently scrapped after a disagreement between CD/EM and Nathan McCree over issues around money and rights agreements and the themes were never used.

The info appears pretty credible and this is just a desperate shame all round. What do you guys think? Do you it could be genuine and if so you what do think to the fact that it never came off? I am so disappointed in both parties for not managing to make this happen.
After all the news about the TRS and Nathan I guess this information is actually quite credible. It really is a shame Nathan is such an asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
You all are so nasty like geez
Like for real, the people you quoted sound dumb AF now. With the recent surfacing of the news about Nathan and his project the information Gemma provided doesn't sound all that far-fetched at all.

Last edited by malferink; 17-06-19 at 22:18.
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote