Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 01-04-18, 23:04   #1
Jorje Croft

Default What happened to ''The Lost Dominion'' project?

Hello guys, I just wonder what happened to the lost dominion project? http://thelostdominion.popzelife.me/ Is it canceled or ppl still work on it? Can anyone from the team confirm something? (if there are some members)

can't find any thread about it so sorry I opened new one.

Last edited by Jorje Croft; 01-04-18 at 23:22.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-18, 23:14   #2
Zelda master

Which one of the many projects? I know that one of them in which I participated basically crashed and burned.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-18, 23:22   #3
Jorje Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
Which one of the many projects? I know that one of them in which I participated basically crashed and burned.
http://thelostdominion.popzelife.me/ this one
Old 02-04-18, 01:30   #4
charmedangelin

If I knew coding then I would pretty much make my own sequel. I already have a story for it.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-18, 02:35   #5
NoahCrofRaider

We get these types of threads pretty often. The team is still working on it behind the scenes, but they just don't update on a monthly basis or anything. It isn't canceled.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-18, 07:47   #6
Caesum

The Lost Dominion had been in development hell for several years, but this period is over now. We have reorganized our group and our workflow, decided to cut several things that were breaking our team. The work is very slow as team consists of people who are at uni or have jobs, but I must say that for the first time the TLD team has actually started to build levels and not only tech demos. We have also decided to move from NGLE to TombEditor as it provides just so much more possibilities.

Our team shrinked significantly, but so did our game. It is a much more realistic task now. It won't be as long as TRAOD, more like TR3 Gold, but it should be enough to tell a story with all of features Murti wanted to add in GAME ONE and TWO.

We also decided to cut the unecessary features to minimum, so the gameplay will be as close to TRAOD experience as possible. The features are still work in progress though and some may wait until we reach a fully playable alpha stage (yes, unfortunately TLD is still early alpha).

For the time being we don't add any new screenshots or info simply because in the past it caused more trouble than any good. This time we really want to have some content to show, preferably with working gameplay, or maybe even a short video. Until then though TLD will still remain silent.

Last edited by Caesum; 02-04-18 at 07:50.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-18, 08:21   #7
red_lion

Very interesting Caesum. Thanks for the update. I didn't know it was alive. Love to see some pictures but as you state it, it is probably for the best not to do it.

Waiting patiently
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-18, 12:53   #8
Jorje Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
The Lost Dominion had been in development hell for several years, but this period is over now. We have reorganized our group and our workflow, decided to cut several things that were breaking our team. The work is very slow as team consists of people who are at uni or have jobs, but I must say that for the first time the TLD team has actually started to build levels and not only tech demos. We have also decided to move from NGLE to TombEditor as it provides just so much more possibilities.

Our team shrinked significantly, but so did our game. It is a much more realistic task now. It won't be as long as TRAOD, more like TR3 Gold, but it should be enough to tell a story with all of features Murti wanted to add in GAME ONE and TWO.

We also decided to cut the unecessary features to minimum, so the gameplay will be as close to TRAOD experience as possible. The features are still work in progress though and some may wait until we reach a fully playable alpha stage (yes, unfortunately TLD is still early alpha).

For the time being we don't add any new screenshots or info simply because in the past it caused more trouble than any good. This time we really want to have some content to show, preferably with working gameplay, or maybe even a short video. Until then though TLD will still remain silent.
Thank you for your response. I'm really happy !!! can't wait !
Old 02-04-18, 14:04   #9
Pigfaced

This looks really promising, and to be honest I didn't know that it existed. Glad I do now though!
Pigfaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-18, 20:26   #10
HarleyCroft

Awesome!
With this amount of love and care, the Lost Dominion will be the masterpiece AoD should have been
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote