www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Sport and Recreation

Old 21-08-10, 19:34   #1021
Alive_and_Funky
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralAssassin View Post
I swear some of the comments on youtube just really crack me up sometimes!!

Yeah, some of them are rather funny. I find the posts where people act as though wrestling is real (you know, stuff like 'I hate Edge as he always cheats!') particularly amusing.

Quote:
well...Serena made her debut this week (she's got epic boobies).I don't get it though...she used to be a wrestler before joining WWE...so why they had her training all this time?or was she injured...oh well.
I don't think they would have been training Serena to wrestle; wrestling has probably only just become part of the plan. Due to the whole Straight Edge Society thing (hey, I just discovered that the S.E.S. even has its own Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_Edge_Society) it would have probably been difficult to fit Serena into the story line with her having meaningful Diva matches at the same time. (And yeah, Serena is rather attractive whether she has hardly any hair or not. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw614 View Post
cena is one of the worst sellers out there...it annoys me
Cena's worst crime is still probably his STF though: he doesn't even apply it correctly. Just check out where Cena's hands are:

They are actually supposed to be near the opponent's nose, but Cena usually has his hands below his opponent's chin.

Last edited by Alive_and_Funky; 21-08-10 at 19:35.
Alive_and_Funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-10, 22:17   #1022
aw614
Hobbyist

his stf is horrible, makes it worse when its an instant tap out and its not even correctly locked in.
aw614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-10, 11:24   #1023
Alive_and_Funky
Tomb Raider

Speaking of the STF, I rather like Samoa Joe's sleeper-like variation of the hold:

And in case anybody hadn't noticed, that is CM Punk tapping out to it.
Old 22-08-10, 21:12   #1024
CerebralAssassin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw614 View Post
he did remind me of JBL mixed with eddie lol. At least rey lost cleanly by tappng no less, I've been annoyed at his booking, especially after last year getting wellnessed and not put over ziggler at the time. But Alberto del rio winning over rey is a good way to debut and get strong heat. Hopefully they keep it going.

cena is one of the worst sellers out there...it annoys me
yeah was pleasantly surprised to see a clean submission by REy,thought some interference was gonna take place as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive_and_Funky View Post
Yeah, some of them are rather funny. I find the posts where people act as though wrestling is real (you know, stuff like 'I hate Edge as he always cheats!') particularly amusing.
well sometimes I make comments like "Jericho sucks" when he loses or "Jericho is annoying"when he's being annoying...as if I think it's real.not just the wrestlers act...I act too.the problem begins when you think it's real

Quote:
I don't think they would have been training Serena to wrestle; wrestling has probably only just become part of the plan. Due to the whole Straight Edge Society thing (hey, I just discovered that the S.E.S. even has its own Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_Edge_Society) it would have probably been difficult to fit Serena into the story line with her having meaningful Diva matches at the same time. (And yeah, Serena is rather attractive whether she has hardly any hair or not. )
makes sense but now they are at a crossroads....do they want Serena to continue to have a meaningful role in SES or do they want her to break out and be an independent wrestler?she can do both for the time being IMO

Quote:
Speaking of the STF, I rather like Samoa Joe's sleeper-like variation of the hold:

And in case anybody hadn't noticed, that is CM Punk tapping out to it.
lol...I actually thought Cena invented that move...I actually gave him too much creditthat's pretty much the only move in his arsenal that's interesting...but he doesn't even do it right as you 2 have pointed out

the move at 0:08 was really interesting...WWE needs unusual moves like that in order for the actual wrestling to be fresh and stay at the same level as the entertainment aspect of the WWE

Last edited by CerebralAssassin; 22-08-10 at 21:15.
CerebralAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 01:04   #1025
voltz
Tomb Raider

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Luna's passing.
Old 20-09-10, 02:32   #1026
voltz
Tomb Raider

*note taken for lack of respect to prior post and a talented wrestler*

Has anyone noticed what's going on with Matt Hardy lately? It seems he can't keep his mouth shut long enough to let things cool down, now I keep hearing about PPV shows he keeps getting kicked off from after being sent home from the European tour.
Old 20-09-10, 14:04   #1027
CerebralAssassin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltz View Post

Has anyone noticed what's going on with Matt Hardy lately? It seems he can't keep his mouth shut long enough to let things cool down, now I keep hearing about PPV shows he keeps getting kicked off from after being sent home from the European tour.
I don't even know who Luna is

oh btw...Lance Cade passed away too recently *RIP*

yeah....Matt has goten fat as **** lately too (Jeff too).I dunno what's going on with him

Last edited by CerebralAssassin; 20-09-10 at 14:05.
Old 20-09-10, 14:07   #1028
Alive_and_Funky
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Sorry about that. I was kinda hoping that somebody else would say something first, as I'm not really all that familiar with Luna and I didn't really know what to say.

Quote:
Matt Hardy has been saying all sorts of stuff over the Internet with the intent of just messing with people's heads for quite a while now, but from what I gather Matt has been doing it quite a bit more regularly recently.

I expect Matt Hardy to end up in TNA by the end of the year.
Old 20-09-10, 14:10   #1029
interstellardave
Tomb Raider

Quote:

This thread disappears for long periods of time... it just so happens no-one saw your post right away and then the thread went to page 2, then 3, etc...

I don't know Luna either, sorry... I feel like a nub!

Quote:
I don't even know who Luna is

oh btw...Lance Cade passed away too recently *RIP*

yeah....Matt has goten fat as **** lately too (Jeff too).I dunno what's going on with him
Yeah Lance Cade was a shock; he was young! Matt has had abdominal problems that have caused him to look fat; that's what I've heard. They should have pushed him a long time ago... instead Jeff got a few good pushes despite being the one guy they couldn't count on (and he made them pay for that trust).

I don't blame Matt if he's bitter and discontented... with so much star-power gone from Smackdown now could be the best time for guys like him and Christian to get title runs. If for no other reason than "thanks for the years of dedicated service".
Old 20-09-10, 14:47   #1030
CerebralAssassin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave View Post
Yeah Lance Cade was a shock; he was young! Matt has had abdominal problems that have caused him to look fat; that's what I've heard. They should have pushed him a long time ago... instead Jeff got a few good pushes despite being the one guy they couldn't count on (and he made them pay for that trust).

I don't blame Matt if he's bitter and discontented... with so much star-power gone from Smackdown now could be the best time for guys like him and Christian to get title runs. If for no other reason than "thanks for the years of dedicated service".
yeah another one of those mysterious cases of random heart failure...or maybe he was taking roids...who knows.oh so that's why Matt has gotten fat....

yeah you would think that since Matt and Christian got drafted to SmackDown! they'd finally get that push they deserved....but no they're still hovering at Midcard level...and what's worse...Matt is now jobbing to a rookie Mexican JBL wannabe,lol!I'd be pretty ****ed if I were in his shoes too!

*goes to look at NOC results* wow...I have to say I'm surprised at the results* at least Kane is getting one good championship run before he retires!

Last edited by CerebralAssassin; 20-09-10 at 14:50.