Paddy
Tomb Raider

Ashleys highly underated.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 10:49   #602
Dazzy
Professor

Talking

This thread was so quiet, guess someone had to revive it lol. I wish Trish, Lita returned, hell even Kurt Angle. I miss him, he is my favourite.
Dazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 13:10   #603
Paddy
Tomb Raider

Im glad Angles on TNA, he is annoying but he does make it interesting.

The whole Triple H v Orton for WWE title is getting so tedious, Orton should have a decent title reign.
Old 19-06-09, 21:26   #604
CerebralAssassin
Tomb Raider

Umaga’s Release, Vince Freaking Out Backstage, More
Date Added: June 09, 2009
Story By: Tim Brown
Credit: PWInsider.com

To follow up on the surprising story from yesterday that Umaga had been released from his WWE contract, PWInsider.com reports that WWE sources say it was “a situation where he just had to be let go.” What that quote means is anyone’s guess because the sources didn‘t specify, but there have apparently been behavior-related issues with Umaga in the past.

Umaga is telling people he left under his own free will, and while that could be true, it seems unlikely as he just made his return and worked hard to come back.

There have been a lot of people in the company worried about losing their jobs as of late. Vince is said to be even more hyper or “insane” than usual and it’s a very tough time to be a member of the WWE staff. Vince is said to be more short-tempered than usual and is changing his mind on issues very frequently and frantically. Vince is usually much nicer to the wrestlers than the staff, possibly due to the fact most of them are physically bigger than him. Some sources feel that when Vince is mad at a wrestler for doing something, he doesn’t chew out the wrestler but rather takes it out on a staff member like an assistant or a TV announcer. Vince is famous for taking out his anger on Michael Cole and former WWE announcer Mick Foley, both of whom are described as very nice guys by their co-workers. This treatment is what apparently lead to Foley leaving WWE for TNA and becoming one of TNA’s top draws. Mick Foley, alongside Sting, helped set new TNA iMPACT viewership records leading into the company’s Lockdown 2009 PPV.

PWInsider.com reports that people in the company feel RAW is “boring” is right now, but since Vince is directing creative, nobody says anything. The feeling is that even if you suggest something minor that is logical and would improve the show, you could get chewed out by the boss for it.
Old 20-06-09, 04:48   #605
Paddy
Tomb Raider

Good, Umagas crap anyway.
Agreed about Raw being a little boring.
Sucks Batista is out again.
Old 20-06-09, 14:38   #606
Alive_and_Funky
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralAssassin View Post
The feeling is that even if you suggest something minor that is logical and would improve the show, you could get chewed out by the boss for it.
I've heard that quite a bit before. It kinda explains why WWE (Raw and ECW in particular) has been so "meh" for the past few years.
Old 20-06-09, 15:05   #607
Dazzy
Professor

Exclamation

I really didn't like Umaga, sure he was decent as a heel, but best to see him leave. Is Raw boring now? If only The Rock was still there, Stone Cold, hell even Brock Lesnar. Raw needs plenty of big stars because it's running thin. I'm gutted Batista is out.
Old 20-06-09, 19:46   #608
Alive_and_Funky
Tomb Raider

I take it I'm the only Umaga fan here then?
Old 21-06-09, 07:53   #609
Paddy
Tomb Raider

Umaga was alright but was a little overated. Never got shots at the title which was strange
Old 21-06-09, 08:26   #610
Dazzy
Professor

To be honest, they used Umaga to just beat up Superstars. He could of had like a title saga etc.