Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 27-02-21, 16:22   #11
CheshireBitch

It's very good news and also very pleasant to hear they want to preserve the TRU DLC by bringing them to PC. I hope they could do it !

Also archiving and restoring presskit and alpha builds is wonderfull news too !
The TR presskit were very creative back in the 90's so I hope she will manage to do that.
(The one for TR5 and the one for AOD are awesome)
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 16:42   #12
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Could someone please provide a link to the stream and a time stamp for the moment when this was said? Because I can imagine that they just said "That's something that we really want to do" and not "We're certainly doing this!"
yeah this. i think in the end it's going to mean "we wanted to but we couldn't, oh well, sorry"
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 20:17   #13
Gian Carlo

Quote:
Could someone please provide a link to the stream and a time stamp for the moment when this was said? Because I can imagine that they just said "That's something that we really want to do" and not "We're certainly doing this!"
The title clearly says that they’re TRYING to.
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 21:53   #14
tomblover

What Meagan said was essentially that they forward people's requests (for the DLC, and for TLA as well I'd imagine) to their legal department, but it seems that the executive decision lies in Microsoft's hands, as the contractual obligation looks like it still applies.

I mean, if the contract had a time limit on it, CD would've already made the DLC available for everyone by now, don't you think?

I personally doubt they're going to buy out the contract, if that is what's holding them back.

The demand for these DLCs is small enough that there's no way they'd be able to turn a profit from it, or even be bothered to put people to task when there are so many more lucrative options. It's a 13-year-old game.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 23:58   #15
frodrigues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post
Thank you! I had to read my post 3 times to check if somehow I didn’t make it clear that they are not doing anything other than seeing if it’s possible

Glad to see a fellow brazilian got it
frodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 16:59   #16
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
What Meagan said was essentially that they forward people's requests (for the DLC, and for TLA as well I'd imagine) to their legal department, but it seems that the executive decision lies in Microsoft's hands, as the contractual obligation looks like it still applies.

I mean, if the contract had a time limit on it, CD would've already made the DLC available for everyone by now, don't you think?

I personally doubt they're going to buy out the contract, if that is what's holding them back.

The demand for these DLCs is small enough that there's no way they'd be able to turn a profit from it, or even be bothered to put people to task when there are so many more lucrative options. It's a 13-year-old game.
thank you for being the only ****ing person to tell the truth
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 17:15   #17
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post
That's already one step further than "We want to do this." Plus TR fans are prone to misinterpreting stuff like this. Not necessarily the OP, but probably some of the people that already replied in here. Also I just want to know the exact wording, and the safest way to get this is to watch the original statement.

Quote:

Thank you! This is already more information than what anyone else has given in this thread. Them forwarding these requests isn't really the same as Crystal actively trying to port the DLCs.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 18:16   #18
Blackmoor

^I haven't watched it but I think the stream is on Crystal's Twitch site.

https://www.twitch.tv/crystaldynamics
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 19:43   #19
tomblover

Quote:
Thank you! This is already more information than what anyone else has given in this thread. Them forwarding these requests isn't really the same as Crystal actively trying to port the DLCs.
I've no doubt that they would port the DLCs, but not a second before Microsoft gives them the go-ahead to do so. Which isn't all that likely, unfortunately, because it's not a profitable venture.

Anything CD does with the DLC will be on Microsoft's behalf, ultimately, and at their behest.

I think the chance we have of seeing TLA re-released is significantly bigger, and what we should be focusing on thus (in terms of sending in requests and generally pushing for it, I mean), but that's just my two cents.

It was made by the San Francisco branch of Eidos, which means that SE probably are within their rights to re-release it, there's just the matter of them digging up old paperwork to reconfirm the legal details of it.

Last edited by tomblover; 28-02-21 at 19:46.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 14:15   #20
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
^I haven't watched it but I think the stream is on Crystal's Twitch site.

https://www.twitch.tv/crystaldynamics
It's not. There's only two short streams, one that opened the whole thing and one that ended it and the rest is fragmented over several other Twitch channels. Besides, the whole thing is several hours long and I surely won't watch such a long stream for just one small information, especially since others know exactly when that piece of information was given.

Quote:
I've no doubt that they would port the DLCs, but not a second before Microsoft gives them the go-ahead to do so. Which isn't all that likely, unfortunately, because it's not a profitable venture.

Anything CD does with the DLC will be on Microsoft's behalf, ultimately, and at their behest.
I don't doubt that they would port the DLCs, but it's kinda frustrating that so many times a bunch of TR fans misinterpred things that have been said by people from CD or SE or even things that have been leaked (purposefully or not) or figured out otherwise and that gets blown up to a point where a majority of fans believes this to be true and definitive (T.R.U.E. anyone?). And then everyone is disappointed when that thing doesn't happen, even though no one from any official source ever said that it'll definitely happen.

Quote:
I think the chance we have of seeing TLA re-released is significantly bigger, and what we should be focusing on thus (in terms of sending in requests and generally pushing for it, I mean), but that's just my two cents.

It was made by the San Francisco branch of Eidos, which means that SE probably are within their rights to re-release it, there's just the matter of them digging up old paperwork to reconfirm the legal details of it.
They probably have the full rights of TLA anyway. My guess is that it never has been released digitally is because there wasn't a huge audience for it. A lot of people don't even seem to know that the classic expansion packs exist.

Last edited by Wooxman; 01-03-21 at 14:17.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote