www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 07-07-13, 12:28   #81
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Hypothetical question just for fun: Who should play mature Lara?

I'd say Angelina, 2nd choice being Keira Knightly (with a padded bra).
These two for me too. AJ for continuity or Keira if AJ wasn't willing or this theoretical film wasn't a continuation of the first two. There was a time when I wouldn't have though Keira to be 'up for' an action role and then she went and did the the Pirate's films . That or maybe Kate Beckinsale or even Minnie Driver (her voice just suits).
Old 07-07-13, 12:45   #82
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I wonder what the planned third film would have been about I think the timing could have been right for Lara to hit Egypt after The Mummy series started to fade out. Angelina was a real coupe for Lara and she done her best with a weak script.

I hope for this one they make it a major serious film contender and have good writing and cast behind it. The problem is that most Hollywood actors would probably sneer at doing a video game movie unless it was backed by a big studio. I hope they at least make an effort to have it be ambitious enough to attract some big names.

I could seriously see Gemma Arterton gunning for the role but it would be nice to see some secondary cast be names too. In likelihood terms I could definitely see Gemma and Sean Bean for Lara and Roth given that they don't turn their nose up at video game adaptions and Gemma has a good working relationship with MGM not to mention they both pack a needed fan base punch so it could sell on them and they wouldn't need as high a salary as the rest of Hollywood but they could be too safe a choice.

I would dream cast Emma Watson but whether she'd commit to it or not I dunno and she might not have enough experience yet but I would sure as hell like to see her try.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 07-07-13 at 12:55.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 14:23   #83
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

^ Totally agree. Angie was definitely a killer. Emma Watson would be great, I'm sure. Would be a great make over, I'm sure.

@HowConvenient:

I did do one mistake, I have to agree with one of your points: my opinion is not a fact, that is for sure. Everything is up to discussion. I could give you a thorough exaplanation of why I enjoy the movie, but you seem to have made your mind about it already, something you don't seem to keen to discuss, and I'm fine with that. You simply hated it.

You're entitled to your own opinion, obviously, and I was wrong stating my opinion like a fact, sorry. I can see how some people can be bored by this movie... My best friend found this movie utterly boring... And so does some of my other friends. Ironically, most of the people I've studied with, fell in love with the structure, and aestethics too. I guess my opinion is also forged, on my personal experiences... I like this movie, because I studied cinema. I know what to look for. I understand some codes used, because I've studied them. I'm not saying you're ignorant, far from it. Just to give you an example, let's say you've studied classical music. You understand structure of a symphony. You'll understand most of the references to other musicians, why the composer probably chose an instrument against another one, the context this symphony was created in, and I.... WOULDN'T or probably wouldn't enjoy just as much.

Not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan of Godard/Truffaut, but I see the genius behind both directors. There's more to not liking a movie, there's also understanding it, fully, or mostly (because of course, fully is kind of impossible.... It's hard to analyze every single details a director has left behind him). As someone stated earlier, Joe Wright is definitely a great director, behind complex movies. It's a whole body of work....

I'm fascinated by movies with great structure, and I personally feel like the director did justice to a great scenario.

I don't know what are good movies, in your opinion, and no I'm not throwing any shade, I'm just really curious to know who you would like to direct Tomb Raider, or what are your favorite movies... Obviously not to judge you, but to understand more the type of movies you like.

I'd never want SAOIRSE RONAN as Lara. I was just saying that from the performances I've seen from both actresses, through different movies/TV shows, I believe Ronan has the upper hand. She is believable in the role she portrays. I can understand how in the context of that post you could have understood otherwise.

Last edited by amiro1989; 07-07-13 at 14:57.
amiro1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-13, 10:09   #84
georgekgr
Archaeologist

today it's the 10 years anniversary of the Cradle Of Life!!!
Old 06-08-13, 17:35   #85
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Okay so I am trying to work out there scheduling here. MGM wanted development to begin right away. They seemed to have restarted the script from scratch. A general rule of thumb for writing a screenplay when a company hires you is 6-12 weeks.

So the script should have a deadline of mid September if Marti was hired in the second week of June when the report came out. After that is takes between 2-8 weeks to do the rewrites. So at the latest calculating the averages we are looking at November for the script to be complete.

Directors usually come on board after the first draft is complete and that enables him to make the changes for the shooting draft. If we get a director by around October and everything is up to scratch I could see them casting and shooting the movie around February with either a Fall 2014 or Early 2015 release. Again this all depends on how things fall into place. Weekly TV shows are usually written in a week so perhaps Marti's long history with writing for TV will aid her in writing it faster. Screenwriters generally are expected to have written a script around the 6-8 week mark and could have changes made by two weeks in many large studios.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 06-08-13 at 17:39.
Old 06-08-13, 23:01   #86
HowConvenient
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Okay so I am trying to work out there scheduling here. MGM wanted development to begin right away. They seemed to have restarted the script from scratch. A general rule of thumb for writing a screenplay when a company hires you is 6-12 weeks.

So the script should have a deadline of mid September if Marti was hired in the second week of June when the report came out. After that is takes between 2-8 weeks to do the rewrites. So at the latest calculating the averages we are looking at November for the script to be complete.

Directors usually come on board after the first draft is complete and that enables him to make the changes for the shooting draft. If we get a director by around October and everything is up to scratch I could see them casting and shooting the movie around February with either a Fall 2014 or Early 2015 release. Again this all depends on how things fall into place. Weekly TV shows are usually written in a week so perhaps Marti's long history with writing for TV will aid her in writing it faster. Screenwriters generally are expected to have written a script around the 6-8 week mark and could have changes made by two weeks in many large studios.
That sounds good to me!
Old 02-09-13, 22:21   #87
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Brian Horton @BrianHortonArt 21h

@josswhedon hey Joss, please follow your ex Buffy cover artist. I wish you could direct our Tomb Raider movie!
I wonder what this is all about?
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 22:42   #88
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
I wonder what this is all about?
Brian Horton did the Buffy comic art. He now does lead art Tomb Raider, Marti Noxon wrote the Tomb Raider movie who wrote Buffy. Both have a working relationship with Joss.

Brian wishes he could direct the movie. Joss would be awesome but Avengers 2 is probably preventing him.

On the plus side director talk is positive I guess.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 02-09-13 at 22:52.
Old 02-09-13, 23:35   #89
larafan25
Sage

Do they mean TR10?
Old 03-09-13, 00:00   #90
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Do they mean TR10?
They mean the movie. He said our Tomb Raider movie.