Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 04-12-16, 11:05   #21
Mordyga

Option to crypt all the files (audio, pix folder, load and such) in one or more files, like audio.tr4,pix.tr4 or something like that.
Mordyga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 11:53   #22
Titak

^
That sounds more like a program thing instead of something for a plugin.
Remember that plugins are a lot like what we have been doing with scripting so far: implementing new gameplay features and such. Not change the whole TRNG program.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 13:13   #23
Mordyga

Yes but we would need a way to play the game with the crypted files, I thought the plugins will work
Mordyga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 14:01   #24
Joey79100

Do we really?

Plugins are here to improve the gameplay, not change the file structure or something like that. Maybe it would be possible but I guess only real programmers would be able to do that because it touches something kinda external to the gameplay.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 14:20   #25
Titak

^
Exactly my idea, but worded better.

My first ideas for plugins would be to port the FLEP patches to plugins.
So we won't need the FLEP way of patching the tomb4.exe anymore, hopefully avoiding that dreaded false-positive many anti-virus programs have been giving us.

Last edited by Titak; 04-12-16 at 14:22.
Old 05-12-16, 20:42   #26
Caesum

Footstep plugin - to finally make itplay sounds properly. For now whenever Lara steps the engine plays general footstep sound + texture-specific one. The second one doesn't play sometimes though, so you cannot just make general footstep sound silent. It would be great to make the engine play texture-specific sounds only unless there's no sound attached to the texture.

Allow dynamic lighting for static objects - to make them behave like ANIMATING or LARA objects.

Last edited by Caesum; 05-12-16 at 20:45.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-16, 20:47   #27
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xopax View Post
I have no clue how difficult it's to create plugins but here's my requests:

Every enemy from TR1-TR5
I know there's tons of enemies out there to be downloaded, but most of then don't behave like they did in the original games, i'm talking mainly about the most unique enemies. It would be nice to have proper slots for the T-Rex, the Torso, Bacon Lara, Natla, the Dragon, Tony, Sophia, the TR3 mutants... Anything that can't be properly made with TR4 slots.

Every weapon from TR1-TR5
It's still not possible to have fully working magnums...

Dual aim
Just a small little thing that i think would be really nice to have.

If this was implemented I would be very happy
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-16, 20:53   #28
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Footstep plugin - to finally make itplay sounds properly. For now whenever Lara steps the engine plays general footstep sound + texture-specific one. The second one doesn't play sometimes though, so you cannot just make general footstep sound silent. It would be great to make the engine play texture-specific sounds only unless there's no sound attached to the texture.
There will be no fix for this precisely and the reason is simple: there is NO problem in the way it is handled currently (well, almost). The engine plays the generic footstep sound because there's a Play Sound command each time in the animations instead of having only the Play Effect command (that plays the correct sound effect). It seems Core was lazy when implementing this in TR3 and didn't want to bother removing all the Play Sound commands... so they kept them.
And because of this: as the default sound is stone, the Play Effect command won't play any sound when Lara is on stone because there is already the Play Sound command that will play that sound. A simple hack Core used, again because of laziness.

As a solution you can remove all your Play Sound commands that play the LARA_FOOT sound, and add the Play Effect command that plays the Footstep sound everywhere it is missing. It is long, Core should have done that themselves instead of being lazy, but this is the only proper way...

What would be useful though on that side, would be to restore the Stone sound when PlayEffect command is triggered while Lara is on floor. And why not have all these other texture sounds working. Ohh yeah, I think that will be one of my priorities when I'm able to do it.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-16, 20:57   #29
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Footstep plugin - to finally make it play sounds properly. For now whenever Lara steps the engine plays general footstep sound + texture-specific one. The second one doesn't play sometimes though, so you cannot just make general footstep sound silent. It would be great to make the engine play texture-specific sounds only unless there's no sound attached to the texture.
There's an easy script for this actually.
Condition that footstep sound is playing AND that grass footstep effect is playing OR sand footstep effect is playing OR..., then stop default footstep sound.

Only problem is that on some triangles, the effect sound is not playing.

As for sounds, I just thought of that little box in which you can select "small room", "medium room", "large room", "pipe" and "outside".
This was supposed to give sounds a bit of reverb/echo if I remember correctly.
Would be cool to get that working.
Old 05-12-16, 21:00   #30
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
As for sounds, I just thought of that little box in which you can select "small room", "medium room", "large room", "pipe" and "outside".
This was supposed to give sounds a bit of reverb/echo if I remember correctly.
Would be cool to get that working.
That makes total sense!! And I thought it was to create big/small rooms etc

Why did they remove this option on pc if it is on the editor though???
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote