www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 29-01-20, 00:55   #1
hey007
Hobbyist

Default your favourite follower in skyrim

hi i was wondering who is your favourite follower in skyrim? ive got lydia and she my spouse now and she's at home at breezehome and i thought i might have a look for a follower, i noticed some people go for the characteristics and the comments they but i'd prefer a good tank follower. my character is a one handed with restoration and optional crossbow if i need it. someone did say go for sero as he's a good one handed mage fighter and useful for tougher enemies like kastaag or end of storyline enemies. i was thinking about trying vikas from companions as he's 2 handed yeah. someone did say dont bother with a tank, instead have conjure dremora lord and extra talking dog for a good team.
hey007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-20, 11:24   #2
redfox45
Archaeologist

Even though this is a mod I CAN'T not mention this follower. Inigo!!

You know that feeling of depth that Skyrim is missing? This follower makes up for it completely by himself, that's how deep and lovable he is. So much time and work went into him with thousands of lines of contextual dialogue and a deeper story than the entire plot of Skyrim. An absolute must for anyone who even remotely likes playing Skyrim.

But if we're just talking vanilla followers my favourites are Aela the Huntress and J'zargo.

Last edited by redfox45; 29-01-20 at 11:25.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-20, 13:27   #3
hey007
Hobbyist

j'zargo that's the one up the college, i was thinking about it but wondering if these sort of followers would be on their knees alot lol or die. there was one i had fendal an elf he died on a frost dragon that randomly appeared. it would be cool to have some hardier tougher followers yeah.
Old 29-01-20, 22:04   #4
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

I'm partial to Serana. She's the closest to being an actual character. Personally, I think Dawnguard is under-appreciated. Yes, it's too small, but it makes up for it with way more story and detail than anything else in Skyrim.

For vanilla followers, I usually tend to go with Lydia for a bit to carry dragon bones, but her habit of charging into battle with no regard for the fact that I want to stealth-kill everyone in a given mine is just way too annoying. In the longer term, I always go solo.

I do like the followers you can hire in inns, mostly because I can use them to carry dragon bones. There's also one in… Winterfell? Wherever Jarl Ulfric sits. I tend to hire him exactly once on every play through, because one Daedric quest near there requires a human sacrifice…

I really wish I could play Skyrim with Fallout 4's followers. They're still a bit ridiculous (I got several people to love me just because I picked every single lock I saw), but still so much more interesting than what Skyrim had to offer. I still prefer Skyrim overall, though, by far.
Old 29-01-20, 23:19   #5
redfox45
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
I really wish I could play Skyrim with Fallout 4's followers.
I believe this was actually the inspiration behind Inigo.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-20, 23:51   #6
tomblover
Tomb Raider

Brelyna, probably, from the College. In another playthrough, I ended up marrying Argis the Bulwark...

Last edited by tomblover; 29-01-20 at 23:54.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-20, 00:23   #7
Matie
Professor

I've had Lydia as a follower up until Dawnguard, she's retired now and Serana took her place
Old 30-01-20, 00:35   #8
hey007
Hobbyist

im playing the ps3 legendary version, i do remember playing this game year's ago with that vampire quest available and having serena and going to the castle to battle the big boss vamp , not sure the legendary version will allow this. i wonder if the ps4 version has everything included.
Old 02-02-20, 03:42   #9
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Personally, I hate to use followers. They always seem to get in my way. For Skyrim the only one that I have to use the most is Aela the Huntress. She works okay.
Old 04-02-20, 04:09   #10
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

I always have Serena with me. I wish she was a marriage option