www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 23-02-20, 17:57   #14151
TokyoSU
Historian
 
TokyoSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: France, Caen
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Hey guys,

I saw a thread in the TR4 section where someone tried to use the remastered audio with the original TR4.

Since the unpached TR4 exe uses quite low-quality audio format, to me, that quite defies the point. But the question gave me an idea:

From what I know it supports FLAC / MP3 audio through bass. Now to my (probably stupid - please forgive my ignorance) question:
Could the TRNG executable suite be used with the original game's data files - only higher resolution audio files? Are the .dat files still compatible, or have they changed?

I've already tried to run the game using a custom setup, and although the game loads into the main menu - strings seem to be missing characters and the game does not start when selecting "new game" (instead the screen goes blank).
NGLE have a custom script generated and are incompatible with the TRLE exe, simply because TRNG use a extended value, example: if TRLE have 256 lign max, TRNG have 2048+, something like this. But TRNG move some ID to another ID, it cause this missing characters because TRNG have the correct ID and script code. you cant use TRNG script with TRLE, and TRLE cant support BASS, you will need to rewrite the entire sound system of TRLE to use these extension.
__________________
"Life is Dream, just a dream"
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-20, 21:24   #14152
HaniHeger
Hobbyist
 
HaniHeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Brazil
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
You can contact some people who you think could be good at testing and then, if you want, you can use the private beta test forum here.
PM either AkyV or me for the password. Password should only be given to the people who will test for you.
Yeah this forum would be nice! I just sended you the PM!


Edit: But wait, before I enter the forum, first I need to find beta testers?
__________________
I make my own luck

Last edited by HaniHeger; 23-02-20 at 21:29.
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-20, 04:36   #14153
ANoDE
Golden
 
ANoDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austria
Posts: 4,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSU View Post
NGLE have a custom script generated and are incompatible with the TRLE exe, simply because TRNG use a extended value, example: if TRLE have 256 lign max, TRNG have 2048+, something like this. But TRNG move some ID to another ID, it cause this missing characters because TRNG have the correct ID and script code. you cant use TRNG script with TRLE, and TRLE cant support BASS, you will need to rewrite the entire sound system of TRLE to use these extension.
Thanks for the explanation. I obviously assumed it would be easier.
__________________
#BringClassicLaraCroftBack - more now than ever.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-20, 16:39   #14154
Titak
Moderator
 
Titak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drenthe, The Netherlands
Posts: 32,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
Edit: But wait, before I enter the forum, first I need to find beta testers?
Yes. That would be wise.

Because it is not like we have a team of testers who regularly check that forum to see if there's anything that needs to be tested.
__________________
If it walks like a duck and if it quacks like a duck, it is a duck.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-20, 21:45   #14155
HaniHeger
Hobbyist
 
HaniHeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Brazil
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Yes. That would be wise.

Because it is not like we have a team of testers who regularly check that forum to see if there's anything that needs to be tested.
Oh I see, though I don't know how I would get those testers,I don't know anyone lol, can I perhaps create an thread?
__________________
I make my own luck
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-20, 11:38   #14156
Titak
Moderator
 
Titak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drenthe, The Netherlands
Posts: 32,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
Oh I see, though I don't know how I would get those testers,I don't know anyone lol, can I perhaps create an thread?
Sure, go ahead.
__________________
If it walks like a duck and if it quacks like a duck, it is a duck.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 11:39   #14157
TR-Freak
Professor
 
TR-Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 4,740
Default

Is there a script command to disable Pushing Collision of objects?
I want to recreate the Ceiling Spike Wall which is currently in the Seth_Blade slot. but the collision of it pushes lara away from it which destroys the purpose of this object
__________________
"Your perception of good timing is...bad!"
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 12:12   #14158
LoreRaider
Archaeologist
 
LoreRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,244
Default

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but that's one
Quote:
Customize= CUST_DISABLE_PUSH_AWAY_ANIMATION
__________________
"Everybody lies, no exceptions."
LoreRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 12:21   #14159
TR-Freak
Professor
 
TR-Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 4,740
Default

This only turns off Lara's "hurt" animation when she touches enemies for example
__________________
"Your perception of good timing is...bad!"
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 15:10   #14160
TokyoSU
Historian
 
TokyoSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: France, Caen
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
This only turns off Lara's "hurt" animation when she touches enemies for example
have you tested to disable the collision in wadmerger/wadtool ?
__________________
"Life is Dream, just a dream"
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.