www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 16-12-19, 05:53   #10351
HaniHeger
Hobbyist

Question

Is it just me or does this community has a thing for christmas?
I'm new here,but I'm very sure that the emojis don't change in other moments of the year like halloween or easter.
Lots of TRLE levels too are christmas themed, I've seen some easter themed, but none halloween themed???

Idk I was just wondering because that feels odd to me, I think that most of the level builders are from europe too, is that more like a thing in there or...?
Old 16-12-19, 06:39   #10352
Boobandie
Professor

Halloween is an American holiday, it doesn't really exist elsewhere in the world. Costume stores are trying to make it a thing, it's another way to make a lot of money with cheap costumes that are thrown away the next day, but it hasn't really taken into a lot of cultures.

The vast majority of levelbuilders are Europeans from the looks of things, hence how scarce Halloween levels are.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 10:35   #10353
disapearing-boy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Halloween is an American holiday
I don't mean to nitpick but Halloween originates from Gaelic (and possibly other Celtic) traditions. Here in Ireland Halloween has long been celebrated - although costumes were less commercial until recent decades. My parents and grandparents would have made their own masks... and jack-o'-lanterns were carved from swedes or turnips - not pumpkins.

Of course the American version has been reimported back in Ireland but we exported it to them first!

Last edited by disapearing-boy; 16-12-19 at 10:37.
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 17:02   #10354
Letsmakeghost
Hobbyist

Interesting read on Halloween and Ireland.

City in Ireland was voted best Halloween Destination in the world a few years back.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...566.html%3famp
Old 16-12-19, 20:05   #10355
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapearing-boy View Post
I don't mean to nitpick but Halloween originates from Gaelic (and possibly other Celtic) traditions. Here in Ireland Halloween has long been celebrated - although costumes were less commercial until recent decades. My parents and grandparents would have made their own masks... and jack-o'-lanterns were carved from swedes or turnips - not pumpkins.

Of course the American version has been reimported back in Ireland but we exported it to them first!
I originally had 'the modern version rather than the pagan celebration' my post when referencing it as an American holiday. Guess I should have left it in Samhain is the Celtic/Gaelic holiday that Halloween replaced.

Last edited by Boobandie; 16-12-19 at 20:09.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-19, 00:09   #10356
Kapu
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
Is it just me or does this community has a thing for christmas?
I'm new here,but I'm very sure that the emojis don't change in other moments of the year like halloween or easter.
Lots of TRLE levels too are christmas themed, I've seen some easter themed, but none halloween themed???

Idk I was just wondering because that feels odd to me, I think that most of the level builders are from europe too, is that more like a thing in there or...?
The WORLD has a thing for Christmas, child! Lol but no, almost everyone across the globe is celebrating some kind of holiday this time of the year. It's universal and wonderful! Hence the Christmas themed smilies.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-19, 05:39   #10357
HaniHeger
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
The WORLD has a thing for Christmas, child! Lol but no, almost everyone across the globe is celebrating some kind of holiday this time of the year. It's universal and wonderful! Hence the Christmas themed smilies.
Perhaps I don't feel so much that since I live in a south hemisphere country,I mean yes I would love to put an warm sweater and feel cozy in christmas but it's hot like hell so no.
lol.
Old 17-12-19, 09:10   #10358
disapearing-boy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Guess I should have left it in Samhain is the Celtic/Gaelic holiday that Halloween replaced.
Haha I guess you should. There's always an Irish person somewhere listening in.
Old 20-12-19, 05:04   #10359
Letsmakeghost
Hobbyist

Default NDS Model Rip

This is off topic but related to a project I am working on. Has anyone ever had any luck or attempted to extract models from a NDS game? In particular I am trying to extract a zombie model from resident Evil for the ds. I am struggling to see any zombie models I like I'm TrSearch. I love love love the NG Mummy by LGG but does not suit my project. Thanks b
Old 24-12-19, 10:05   #10360
AkyV

Smile

Merry Christmas, Builders and Raiders!
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote