Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 17-02-20, 20:57   #15851
Tonyrobinson

Some areas in Soith Africa could make Rise look good if they're utilised right. It doesn't look like the Siberian wilderness but I'm sure they'll just film some snowy mountain shots and build snowy forests in the studio location.

They have access to deserts with the SA location that could work really well if they adapt the Syria segments and then if they chose to go the Shadow route and go to Mexico theirs plenty if Rocky Mountains and jungle areas.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-20, 21:16   #15852
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccroft2003 View Post
I haven't seen BOP yet myself but I did however watch Charlies Angels at the weekend and I do see where Grace was coming from - any male representation in that film was either extremely negative (because they were bad people) or they were "males in distress" that were portrayed as being stupid... also the script was all about "how men think women are lesser" and should be happy being looked after... I didn't really like that underlying theme to the movie, but overal I did actually enjoy it.
I agree. BOP had the same problem, as Grace stated in her videos. Every male character is seen as bad, misogynistic and rapey for no real purpose. And hey, I have no problems with that and loved the movie. Still, I can see where these people are coming from and why part of the audience simply rejects that narrative. Flipping the situation, a movie in which women are depicted like this would be completely trashed and no woman would support it these days.

The female-led movies that succeed have two things in common (a good script -shocking-, and a likable male secondary character). Even the Angie movies understood this (Daniel Craig, Gerard Butler), and most recently Captain Marvel had Fury, and Wonder Woman had Steve Trevor. Both male characters have a few things in common: they provide a great dynamic and are capable, but not enough capable to handle themselves in every situation. Which shows that male audiences don't mind strong female characters who are better/stronger than their male counterparts, as long as they're represented in a positive light without this "pro-femisism/men are bad" undertones all of these movies had.

And yeah, out of all of these movies (Charlie's Angels, Terminator, the new Ghostbusters...) BOP is probably the best one because the actual script is way better. But there's a clear pattern here:

- Charlie's Angels had a few male characters and made them almost all bad. They also replaced the main Bosley at the beginning of the film. And in the case of Charlie ***SPOILERS***, it's revealed that he's actually a woman. I mean, could it be more obvious??? Who thought this was a good idea?

- Ghostbusters. Same thing. They replaced all the beloved characters and added Chris Hemsworth, a character who is supposed to be incapable and a really laughing stock, tbh. It was really bad.

- Terminator had a similar problem. They pushed the narrative of having Sarah Connor, the new terminator and the new kid as women, and people were mildly ok with it for a while because Arnie was returning as well, until everyone saw the movie and realized that John Connor gets shot at the beginning of the movie so that this new girl takes over as the lead of the resistance. For what purpose? Because she's a girl? How is this better? And Arnie does absolutely nothing in the movie and he's the star of it.

Of course, I'm not sure how favorable the audience would've been with at least one good male character, specially with those scripts, but one has to wonder, and tbh I totally see the pattern.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-20, 21:53   #15853
PinkyPromise

Hello guys! I have exclusive information!

I know a guy who works at FX in London to WB movies (Work at Blade Runner, Prometheus ... in WW84) ! He can't say anything about the movies he works on ... but he has told me that the shooting of TR2 is "imminent." He can't tell me anything ... but if he knows it is because he is going to work on the movie and they already have information about the movie

I swear this is 100% real

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 17-02-20 at 22:02.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-20, 21:58   #15854
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post

I know a guy who works at FX in London to WB movies (Work at Blade Runner, Prometheus ... in WW84) ! He can't say anything about the movies he works on ... but he has told me that the shooting of TR2 is "imminent." He can't tell me anything ... but if he knows that it is because he is going to work on the movie and they already have information about the movie

Ooh sounds fun I can't wait.
Old 17-02-20, 22:19   #15855
Portugalraider

Quote:

I know a guy who works at FX in London to WB movies (Work at Blade Runner, Prometheus ... in WW84) ! He can't say anything about the movies he works on ... but he has told me that the shooting of TR2 is "imminent." He can't tell me anything ... but if he knows it is because he is going to work on the movie and they already have information about the movie

100% fake, you lie!

Sorry, I just miss Sora's 100% scepticism towards any rumour

Great to know, never-the-less. Can't wait for when we start having leaked production photos and we try to figure out what the hell is happening in that scene!
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-20, 22:28   #15856
Tonyrobinson

I think it's gonna be very underwraps this time if they're making a Rise adaption and choose to snowy environments, it'll probably be a closed studio shoot. I'd love to see some candies though like we got in the first films shoot. I am so curious to know if Lara will have her duals.
Old 17-02-20, 22:32   #15857
Tombraider95

Apparently it's taking things from both Rise and Shadow. I just hope it does its own thing. I don't see the point of rehashing the same stories. I want something new. I think some of the locations have already been revealed of filming.

As I said in the other thread, if I don't see Lara using dual pistols in the trailer I probably won't go and see it. I'm not gonna be teased for the 3rd time.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-20, 22:37   #15858
PinkyPromise

I am 100% sure that in March we will have information :P
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-20, 23:02   #15859
andre_costa

Quote:
I am 100% sure that in March we will have information :P
At this point I just want some juicy neeeeewwwws
andre_costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-20, 23:17   #15860
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
100% fake, you lie!

Sorry, I just miss Sora's 100% scepticism towards any rumour

Great to know, never-the-less. Can't wait for when we start having leaked production photos and we try to figure out what the hell is happening in that scene!
This is for you: "I know someone who knows someone who knows someone in the biz and they say"...yeah, no, not buying it. It's true To You

I know Pinky that you're more likely to share something if you think it's genuine. In this case, I'm more likely to accept it.

Considering we're in late Feb and Alicia has been quoted as saying filming starts in Spring, then I think it's a fair presumption to make.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote