Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 15-03-19, 22:44   #111
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
I agree. You don’t have to quote someone out of context and be rude towards them because they have a different opinion to you, SilentRain. I think iWANEX and myself demonstrated that quite well.
Yes! Exactly!
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 02:15   #112
Gemma Darkmoon

The real shame is the default is really on point for a modern look however the rest of the outfits are ugly and really bad. There is so much grey and so little femininity it feels they are not even proud anymore to have a female protagonist. The outfits range seems completely odd when modern sportwear would seem a really obvious and more popular route. Shadow overall plays really well but the unlockable skins seems a clear low point.

I think this view would be the same if it were reboot or classic Lara though probably a classic Lara version would have styled the tribal wear look up to be far cooler.
Gemma Darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 17:05   #113
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I’ve come to realize at this point anything that has to do with reboot Lara most of you guys find boring or tear it down, but if classic Lara wore these tribal outfits some of you would be all here for it like “Yaaaaaassss Lara!”
Wha?

No we wouldn't, but we would never have to because she simply wouldn't wear that **** in the first place If hypothetically she did though, then I agree with Gemma above me that she'd probably style it in a cooler way.

I also don't see people giving Classic Lara passes on literally anything. Maybe Charmed and Larafan10389whatever would, but most other people have criticisms. I personally hate the design of TR3 where she killed innocent people and I don't know how many times I've said that, and the sexualisation of teen Lara was highly questionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma Darkmoon View Post
The real shame is the default is really on point for a modern look however the rest of the outfits are ugly and really bad. There is so much grey and so little femininity it feels they are not even proud anymore to have a female protagonist. The outfits range seems completely odd when modern sportwear would seem a really obvious and more popular route.
Yeah I agree with this. There's wanting to steer clear of anything that's too in-your-face sexy, ok fine I get it, you want sensible. It's another thing entirely though, when there's an obvious very clear effort to make the character as un-sexy as possible just to hammer the point home.

I don't know why even something like this is considered too much;

There's nothing whatsoever inappropriate or demeaning about these. They look fit, strong and stylish and beautiful at the same time. I'd love to see Lara in something like this (again really, it's only like what she wore in TR3 Nevada or the early Croft Manor levels I guess).
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 18:16   #114
tomee

I can't wait for when they stop supporting the game. When there are no more patches, someone who understands programming will surely come up with a trainer on PC that can bypass the outfit restriction (because EM no doubt will not lift it for us) and then I'll be able to play the entire game from beginning to end in Lara's best outfit, which is of course Adventurer. <3
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-19, 18:32   #115
LaraCroftSotTR

I agree - the dlc costumes for RE2:RE are worth every cent.
Well, at least for Claire. I even played half the game using the black and white filters.

That said, I still find most SotTR costumes well-looking. But they're certainly not different enough to give Lara (or the game) a vastly different (classical) look. Well, aside from the classical skins. ^^
Team Ninja for example even released wedding dresses. Well, as long as you've paid $90 for the DOA6 season-pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
The oil refinery scene? Yeah, wouldn’t have worked with Claire.
Except it did. The scene where she takes on "Phase 3" was just as badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Claire is a badass in the game. Also sherry was looking for her mom and you know if u played how dismissive of her Annette was. Claire was just trying to look out for a kid, as anyone would have done in a zombie apocalypse, and not bc she is a woman!
This ^^

Quote:
And also, let's not forget, in the very first scene she needs to be saved by Leon: "Don't shoot!".
What? That's not at all how this scene works. Claire easily would have made it out of that building, if Léon hadn't blocked her way. And he aimed at her face. A complete stranger! What's not to understand here? "She said "Don't shoot" not "Save me!" It's what probably everyone would say, if suddenly facing a strangers gun aimed to the head.

Quote:
Ok, I understand the story, she's young, inexperienced, etc. I get it, but look, all I'm saying is that if Claire was a badass in RE2, then Reboot Lara is a ****ing terminator.
And? Isn't she? People even complained about Lara being a killing machine.

Last edited by LaraCroftSotTR; 18-03-19 at 19:02.
LaraCroftSotTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-19, 18:44   #116
Orimus

I like Claire's character (of course I do wonder, storywise, how come she came in with a gun rather than get it from the cop in the gas station) and I do think that she has bad ass moments but I wouldn't classify her character as bad ass. It's the attitude vs the moment. Just my two cents. She can kick some ass but I'd probably laugh if she tried to act tough. That's just not how the character is portrayed.
Orimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-19, 16:56   #117
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Wha?

There's nothing whatsoever inappropriate or demeaning about these. They look fit, strong and stylish and beautiful at the same time. I'd love to see Lara in something like this (again really, it's only like what she wore in TR3 Nevada or the early Croft Manor levels I guess).
Amen! Also the woman in this pic has such a similar classic Lara figure, fit and curvy. I'd love to see her body closer to this in the future She was too thin in TR2013 and Rise (by too thin I mean too thin for Lara's traditional shape, not in general), and SOTTR Lara has filled out a little more but isn't really curvy.

Don't know how else to describe it other than "athletic thicc," but that's totally how to pull off Classic Lara's body in a more realistic way, and it would make more sense. Fitness women are able to build curvy butts, thighs, and hips with tiny waistlines, it looks both strong yet extremely feminine too, which is so Lara-like.

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 24-03-19 at 16:57.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-19, 17:32   #118
Ms.LaraCroft

I personally like all the outfits, except for any of the tribal ones or whatever. Those are not my cup of tea.
Ms.LaraCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-19, 17:34   #119
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.LaraCroft View Post
I personally like all the outfits, except for any of the tribal ones or whatever. Those are not my cup of tea.
...but like 90% of them are tribal?
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-19, 17:36   #120
Ms.LaraCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
...but like 90% of them are tribal?
Very true. But with the outfits from the previous games, it gives you more options.
Ms.LaraCroft is offline   Reply With Quote