Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 17-08-14, 09:34   #4941
Shark_Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterstar101 View Post
^ That was me so much

I never wanted to turn around

I want to buy the game, but I'm a huge wimp lol
Pfft haha, I actually got relieved when finishing it and quickly deleted it from my PS4. But then I came to my senses and redownload it again.

Anyway, Holy ****, I was watching other people's walkthrough and there's a SPOILER ghost girl in your face scare!!! I didn't get that in my walkthrough!!! Did he like triggered something?? You can see it here 13:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXlTE...S-TCnazcHCo0rA

Did everyone get that too?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-14, 09:54   #4942
LarasFan

^
That's what I was telling you. I remember having another scary part where I look up the chandelier and the ghost comes near the staircase, looking down at me, and then I walk away having her pop infront of me ;_;

I'm gonna buy The Evil Within to get used to horror games. xD
LarasFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-14, 10:04   #4943
Shark_Blade

^The girl staring at you from above , I believe is at 6:20:

You guys encountered many interesting things, I guess I'm oblivious most of the time and missed on some. >.< I wanna replay!

Larasfan: You said you recorded stuff, come on share with us!

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 17-08-14 at 10:08.
Old 17-08-14, 10:10   #4944
LarasFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
^The girl staring at you from above , I believe is at 6:20:

You guys encountered many interesting things, I guess I'm oblivious most of the time and missed on some. >.< I wanna replay!

Larasfan: You said you recorded stuff, come on share with us!
Yup that's the scary bitch ;_;

I really wanna share the video however I haven't got nor a USB or a YT account to upload the video D: I will try to eventually. Everytime I watch the video I get goosebumps.. and not the good kind xD
LarasFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-14, 10:13   #4945
Peterstar101

nope

nope

I just forgot about her
Peterstar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-14, 10:31   #4946
Shark_Blade

Guys, the demo made it to Forbes website!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...nd-terrifying/

Quote:
Hideo Kojima's 'P.T. Demo' For The New 'Silent Hills' Is Terrific And Terrifying

P.T. is one of the cleverest marketing gimmicks in the history of video games.

Hidden at the end of the rather short, and excruciatingly difficult, “demo” is the announcement for a new Silent Hill game—Silent Hills—from the creator of Metal Gear Solid, Hideo Kojima, and film director Guillermo Del Toro (Pan’s Labyrinth, Pacific Rim) starring Walking Dead star Norman Reedus.

It’s a pretty terrific way to introduce a new game, and especially a game from such a classic horror series.

But the P.T. “demo” itself—or “playable teaser”—is actually quite remarkable on its own.
Kojima initially believed it would take at least a week for anyone to solve the final puzzle and reveal the secret at the end, but it was cracked in a few hours.

I admit, even with the help of walk-throughs and videos I couldn’t beat the final loop, possibly because I didn’t have a mic hooked up.

Perhaps the best thing about P.T. however is just how scary it is, even though it’s just a teaser and not a real game.

I found myself getting more and more anxious as I descended the increasingly creepy building, looping the same hallways over and over again. Everything from lighting to sound design is pitch perfect, with a few great jump moments, but mostly just a rising sense of dread.

I do wish I’d stumbled on it before its ultimate revelation was uncovered. Then again, seeing as I haven’t been able to solve the final loop (though I haven’t given the game a second run-around yet) I may not have experienced that spoiler-free regardless.

Silent Hills itself, if it’s anywhere near as frightening, should be a rare treat. I haven’t played anything in the franchise since Silent Hill 3 which was excellent and creepy. Kojima says this one will require a change of pants.
“If you don’t want to continue playing through the game, so be it. We don’t care,” he said during a livestream at Gamescom. “We are aiming for a game that will make you s**t your pants. So please make sure you have a [change of clothes].”

The prankster developer then joked that the limited edition for Silent Hills would come with said spare change of clothing. Hopefully underwear as well.

(The P.T. demo warned people with heart conditions not to play.)
All of this is reminiscent of Kojima’s prank reveal of Metal Gear Solid V and The Phantom Pain. It’s really quite entertaining and clever. Kojima knows how to have fun with his games, and obviously has quite a handle on marketing in the age of social media.
Old 17-08-14, 10:32   #4947
Peterstar101

^ What's so good about Forbes?
Old 17-08-14, 10:36   #4948
Shark_Blade

It's a well known business magazine/website, you! Here read some.

It's pretty unusual for it to feature video games (this is the first time I read about such thing!), so I guess they are really impressed with the P.T. demo to even feature it!
Old 17-08-14, 10:40   #4949
Peterstar101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
It's a well known business magazine/website, you! Here read some.

It's pretty unusual for it to feature video games (this is the first time I read about such thing!), so I guess they are really impressed with the P.T. demo to even feature it!
Oh.. haha

The demo/interactive trailer was extremely impressive though.

Was it even a demo? It was described as an interactive trailer, and it is to an extent.
Old 17-08-14, 10:58   #4950
_Ninja_

This is some damn fine marketing.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote