www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 05-01-21, 18:27   #3811
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

It explains why The Master hated The Time Lords and killed them all, makes sense why he hates The Doctor even more. Since we don't know if this Master is before or after Missy; makes sense either way. If it is after, explains how it ruins the whole Missy redemption arc. The Master has a part of The Doctor inside him, the one person he never wants to be like, it makes sense for him to go insane after that and commit genocide
Old 05-01-21, 18:30   #3812
crowhazard
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I still think the Timeless Child would fit the Master far better than the Doctor :

- Would explain how they suspiciously never died, even with no regeneration left. Look how weird the Master survived by hmmm fusioning (?) with Nyssa’s father and became Anthony Ainley’s incarnation. Clearly not a classic Time Lord capacity !
- When they were looking to the Vortex at 8 they went super crazy since. Could be a hint because the Master didn’t react like the other Time Lords.
- We know the Timeless Child secret was the reason why they get mad and aggressive again (especially compared to Missy) and destroyed an entire population as the result. I could totally see why The Master would lie to the Doctor and make them believe they were the Timeless Child instead : just to make sure how hard the Doctor would feel with this massive revelation just like how the Master felt.

So just to The Master again in a later episode and simply saying “I lied” would resolved a lot of this arc for me, haha !
The “Timeless Child” might not even exist in the first place. Read a couple of theories scattered around online that it was all engineered by Rassilon after his exile post-Hell Bent with the intent of tricking the Master into destroying Gallifrey as a revenge plot. Would be very in-character for him too.
crowhazard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 18:48   #3813
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Speaking of Hell Bent, we all know the finale wasn't well executed with the Hybrid being The Doctor and Clara. But again that was just a theory by Ashildr and doesn't mean it's 100% true.

The Master crossbread with the Cyberium, destroyed all of the Time Lords after he found out where he came from "Destroying a billion hearts to heal his own" commiting genocide on The Time Lords after finding out where they all come from. The Master also stands in the ruins of Gallifrey with his new Cyber army who are also crossbread. Half Time Lord, Half Cybermen

I like to think this is where the Hybrid storyline concluded, probably wasn't the intention but it's an interesting theory and makes more sense. I loved Hell Bent as a finale; but this is miles better.
Old 05-01-21, 20:17   #3814
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

OMG I love this theory, would love this to be the resolution to this hybrid arc. Would have blown my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
It explains why The Master hated The Time Lords and killed them all, makes sense why he hates The Doctor even more. Since we don't know if this Master is before or after Missy; makes sense either way. If it is after, explains how it ruins the whole Missy redemption arc. The Master has a part of The Doctor inside him, the one person he never wants to be like, it makes sense for him to go insane after that and commit genocide
I agree the reaction makes totally sense for me as well. I was initially totally sceptical that "O" would have been the successor to Missy (and I still regret the Doctor didn't react at all about this glaring change, she didn't say a single word about her) but what you explained is enough a reason to why "O" get back to the Master old behaviour !