Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 07-02-15, 18:04   #1
larafan25

Arrow Crawlspace Roll Issue

Hey. So this is my first time using the Crawlspace roll, and reading up on these scripts:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=126740

My issue lies with the fact that Lara seems to only perform the crawlspace roll... well... outside of crawlspaces. She won't perform the roll while crouched in a 2-click-high space.

Quote:
Animation= 218, IGNORE, $4000, FAN_KEEP_NEXT_STATEID + FAN_SET_FREE_HANDS_TEMP, ENV_MULT_CONDITION, 4, IGNORE, -222, -353, -354
MultEnvCondition= 4 ,ENV_NO_BLOCK_IN_FRONT, 256, IGNORE, ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_HOLE_FLOOR_IN_FRONT, 512, IGNORE
It sounds like an issue with an environment condition, considering that seems to define where and when Lara can perform the trick. However I've looked over the script, and I'm not sure how to fix this issue.

May someone please help me?
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 18:11   #2
FreakRaider

I made a custom roll animation which could roll though crawl spaces some time ago. It worked perfectly fine
Is the animation's state id set to the crawling one?
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 18:22   #3
Joey79100

^
I don't think the StateID of the animation could interfer in anyway, as it doesn't define if the animation will play or not. Though it sounds much more like a script issue... but just with my eyes on it I don't really see the problem... Plus I have the exact same lines and it works perfectly.
Well, maybe for this animation you could use the FLEP patch? Just a tickbox instead of scripting and you're done. It won't solve the problem but at least it will (...should) work.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 18:23   #4
larafan25

I'm not sure. I'll check.

But, if she can do the animation while crouched, would that mean it's working in that stateID?

I can roll into a 2-click-high space, as long as I start outside of it. Then I can roll through it. But if it's a continuous 2-click-high crawlspace, and I begin inside of it, I cannot roll.
Old 07-02-15, 18:26   #5
Krystian

I'm pretty sure larafan25 is talking about the roll that you can perform while crouched down (for which the animations already exist in a revised wad). I doubt it would be a matter of the wrong StateID in this case (given that these animations weren't tampered with before).

Anyway, the script seems to be okay, I don't see why Lara wouldn't be able to do the move in crawlspaces... strange.

Keep in mind that the condition states she must have at least a full sector of distance between her and any walls/blocks (ENV_NO_BLOCK_IN_FRONT). Also, no hole in that distance with a depth greater than two clicks (ENV_HOLE_FLOOR_IN_FRONT + ENV_NON_TRUE).
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 18:36   #6
larafan25

Here is a video showing what is happening:

The ending of the video, when I crawl back into the space, is when I can no longer perform the roll.
Old 07-02-15, 18:40   #7
Joey79100

Ahhhh... Lara makes the roll while she's crouching, not crawling, so you have to press the spacebar before.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 18:42   #8
larafan25

wow.

I'm such a newb. Thank you so much. <3 lmao

I can't believe this.
Old 07-02-15, 20:01   #9
Krystian

Well, that explains it.

If you want, you can still make it performable from the "on all fours" position. The animation should be 263 if I'm not mistaken (no access to TRLE atm, you can check for yourself or someone could confirm). Add -263 to the end of the Animation script with the rest of those negative numbers, separated by a comma.
Keep in mind that it won't look as seamless, though.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 21:55   #10
larafan25

Oooh. I might just do that. Thanks.