www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 15-02-19, 17:45   #14121
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
She's not really someone who work in the movie industry anyway just a Youtuber
Exactly.

And maybe we won't get another movie with Alicia, but they are going to have another go at it in the future.
Old 15-02-19, 18:13   #14122
Ellioft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
Exactly.

And maybe we won't get another movie with Alicia, but they are going to have another go at it in the future.
Well I just have the permission to interview the storyboarders of the movie so we will have some new content to dig soon I'm sure I can talk to them about how the fans want a sequel and telling him Warner could try for the 25th anniversairy

Last edited by Ellioft; 15-02-19 at 18:43.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-19, 19:31   #14123
Portugalraider
Professor

Tell them it's both the 25th anniversary of the franchise band the 20th anniversary of the first movie!!
Old 15-02-19, 19:42   #14124
Ellioft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Tell them it's both the 25th anniversary of the franchise band the 20th anniversary of the first movie!!
I'm gonna try ^^
Old 15-02-19, 20:18   #14125
andre_costa
Historian

Quote:
Well, I think it's better to tell them just that fans do want to see Alicia take another shot at the character, this the with a better plot/script, and that they are willing to help. As someone said before, unsolicited scripts and ideas do end up in the trash. It is better to send them something that they might actually read
So what's the plan then?
andre_costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:09   #14126
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre_costa View Post
So what's the plan then?
What I think we could perhaps do is like come up with a message to GK Films, MGM, WB and Alicia, something that everyone agrees with, and we could all individually send the message to them on the day of the movie's anniversary (which is in a month, so we have to be quick ). Something to show that the fans want to see more, to show them that we really enjoyed the movies, even with flaws, that that we even would be happy to help if they want.

Or if we get to be too many, just like a fairly high number of people sending the message, just to make everything look less creepy and stalky.

But it is as I said before: the worst thing they can do is ignore, so what's there to lose?

Last edited by Portugalraider; Yesterday at 00:49.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:41   #14127
Ellioft
Archaeologist

I agree it's a good idea I can give the message to Roar or maybe we can send that on his Twitter.
Old Yesterday, 18:20   #14128
Amunet
Explorer

Quote:
What I think we could perhaps do is like come up with a message to GK Films, MGM, WB and Alicia, something that everyone agrees with, and we could all individually send the message to them on the day of the movie's anniversary (which is in a month, so we have to be quick ). Something to show that the fans want to see more, to show them that we really enjoyed the movies, even with flaws, that that we even would be happy to help if they want.

Or if we get to be too many, just like a fairly high number of people sending the message, just to make everything look less creepy and stalky.

But it is as I said before: the worst thing they can do is ignore, so what's there to lose?
I think it's fine that you guys want to show your support and desire for a sequel, but I would say that it would probably be more effective if you guys could gather some numbers - like a a petition or something - to show GK Films that there's interest. Specially since they're probably more worried about the general public's interest and not the fans', since those are more or less guaranteed.
Old Yesterday, 20:02   #14129
Portugalraider
Professor

Thing is, at least for me petitions sound more like already a desperate move, you know? Like trying to desperately prove there's an audience. This is more to show that the fans did enjoy the first one and do indeed want to see more.

Besides, the movie did have an audience internationally, that actually grew compared to the AJ movies. The reboot made 20M more than both AJ movies outside of the US, and that is after inflation (and in the case of CoL, without the Chinese BO as well).
Old Yesterday, 20:44   #14130
Amunet
Explorer

Quote:
Thing is, at least for me petitions sound more like already a desperate move, you know? Like trying to desperately prove there's an audience. This is more to show that the fans did enjoy the first one and do indeed want to see more.

Besides, the movie did have an audience internationally, that actually grew compared to the AJ movies. The reboot made 20M more than both AJ movies outside of the US, and that is after inflation (and in the case of CoL, without the Chinese BO as well).
I see what you mean, but still, a handful of fans sending them messages only shows that a handful of fans support them, you know? You can't speak for the whole fanbase. That's why I think you guys need numbers. Maybe send one message signed by a bunch of fans, idk.