www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 08-05-22, 17:15   #1
ReginaLusus
Hobbyist

Talking My TRIII outfit mods...

Hello, these are my first outfit mods for TRIII. I'm new to modding here so I've just done three to share and see if people like them. There are plenty of cool outfit mods for TRI, but TRII and III seldom gets any love in terms of the mod department compared to the first game, so I've decided to add to this list with my first three outfits.

They're a little rough, but I hope people like them and I plan to post more on this thread with updated outfits for the future. I've also left download links too, in case anyone wishes to play around with them.

Always open to constructive feedback and, especially, tips on how to better paint/manipulate the meshes more, notably on how to decipher which part of Lara is what on the TGA files for each mesh. Also on how to leave better download links, lol.

You will need TRViewer for these mods. Each comes with a .TR2 file for you to export the TRMVBs into your desired level. A README file is also with each with more info. I do have photos on this thread but if they do not show properly, I apologise. The DL comes with images of the outfit though so you can see what it looks like beforehand.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Images are not showing. I chose 'insert image' and pasted an Imgur link but still doesn't show, sigh.

BIKER (NO JACKET)

As seen in Tomb Raider: Legend.

DL: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...BE?usp=sharing

SNOWSUIT

As seen in Tomb Raider: Legend.

DL: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...qC?usp=sharing

CROFT MANOR SPORT

As seen in Tomb Raider I and Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

DL: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...TX?usp=sharing

Last edited by ReginaLusus; 08-05-22 at 18:05.
ReginaLusus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 22:37   #2
perryloo
Explorer

Well done. That was quick work learning how to place textures
Here is your Snowsuit in game, looks really good.

What I would say is that you have to check every mesh, especially at the joints, in your case here you missed a few textures at the joints, and you see the problem in game, as they do show up as Lara moves. The best way to check that you do not miss out textures is to click the individual body meshes of the Lara model, example mesh 196, and rotate the arm mesh and you spot some missing textures (see photo below). On the arm mesh, you can individually click each missed texture to put the correct texture in, or in this case go to Special tab at the top and hit 'retexture' and it changes all the arm to that grey texture. 'retexture' is useful to texture a whole mesh the same texture.

Other than missing a few textures, you did well. The main thing is to ensure all the textures in the model are correctly placed, even in the hidden joint areas of the meshes

Last edited by perryloo; 08-05-22 at 23:02.
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-22, 00:06   #3
ReginaLusus
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
Well done. That was quick work learning how to place textures
Here is your Snowsuit in game, looks really good.

What I would say is that you have to check every mesh, especially at the joints, in your case here you missed a few textures at the joints, and you see the problem in game, as they do show up as Lara moves. The best way to check that you do not miss out textures is to click the individual body meshes of the Lara model, example mesh 196, and rotate the arm mesh and you spot some missing textures (see photo below). On the arm mesh, you can individually click each missed texture to put the correct texture in, or in this case go to Special tab at the top and hit 'retexture' and it changes all the arm to that grey texture. 'retexture' is useful to texture a whole mesh the same texture.

Other than missing a few textures, you did well. The main thing is to ensure all the textures in the model are correctly placed, even in the hidden joint areas of the meshes

Wow, thanks a lot for the feedback and trying it in your game too! Yes, I am still unhappy with the arms so I'll probably go in and amend. I was basically exporting the meshes into GIMP and painting from there, I'll definitely look into PixStr and fiddle around with it to help with the joint issue.

Thanks again!