Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 14-12-19, 19:54   #1851
Heartache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth View Post
Has there been any word on the remastered original OSTs?
it was the only thing i ever wanted out of this project, so it will never come
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-19, 23:25   #1852
BaaFoKeemb

I just received the record I won in the mail! I don't have a record player so I'll be gifting it to my dad. It did, however, inspire me to listen to the high quality audio tracks again and...

I like them all significantly better than I remember from the first listening! It's really an album to sit down and focus on, and I appreciate it more now than I did when it first came out. The french horn players are fantastic, every time they come in it makes me happy.

I would recommend anybody to start with the medleys at the end of the album instead if you are more interested in shorter bits of each piece, more similar to how they were in game but with connecting bits. That's what I'm going to tell my family to do when they listen to it!

Cheers

Last edited by BaaFoKeemb; 14-12-19 at 23:48.
BaaFoKeemb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 01:54   #1853
Brendanlovesu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth View Post
Has there been any word on the remastered original OSTs?
I think there was something mentioned in one of the updates at the start of the year (January or February) but I haven't heard anything more

Edit:

Nathan speaks about it in this video @ 8:15 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0wltxV5Sog

Nathan also confirmed he would work on the original soundtracks in this update back in February 2019

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2407192

"For me personally, I will be starting on the original soundtrack albums next."

I wonder how that is coming along. Perhaps he is fulfilling the kickstarter rewards first then looking at the remastered soundtracks. I also hope that, when the time comes we will get them for free

Last edited by Brendanlovesu1; 15-12-19 at 02:07.
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-19, 00:23   #1854
Brendanlovesu1

Dear Backers,

DELUXE TIN CDs

While I tried my hardest to make this happen before Christmas, it seems that the God of Good Fortune is out to lunch on this one.

Because of the Christmas rush, a manager from the Czech postal service has strongly advised me not to risk sending the tins at this time. He very kindly came to my house and went through the options in great detail till 10.00pm last night. In short, the options we have are as follows:

Send packages recorded delivery and post tomorrow (£3,000 additional cost, no losses).

Send packages un-recorded delivery and post tomorrow (possible 50% losses).

Send packages un-recorded delivery and post on 27th December (no additional cost, possible 5% losses).

We cannot risk losses when it took, as you know, over three months to get the tins from China and an additional six weeks to complete them with the CDs and the booklet. And sadly the additional £3k cost to send recorded delivery is unfortunately prohibitive.

So it is with considerable disappointment that I have to tell you our decision is to wait until the 27th December before we start shipping the Deluxe Tin CDs to ensure you receive them okay.

We are going to send an initial batch to various countries to test and try and ensure safe delivery and once that’s confirmed, post the remainder.

I do understand that this news will be disappointing for some of you who were hoping for a Christmas treat and again I’m very sorry you have to wait longer, but they are all packed and ready to go so it won’t be too long now.

---------- GENERAL INFORMATION ----------
JEWEL CASE CDs
15 orders remain outstanding.

VINYL
12 orders remain outstanding.

PAPER ITEMS
9 orders remain outstanding.

LIVE CONCERTS

The date for the Paris concert has been moved... to an earlier date, which is good. One week earlier to be precise. We have therefore had to revise the artwork (show posters, flyers, online ads, tickets, ticket master ads etc.) and the promotion video. All is done now except the video which we are working on and which should be completed today. We should be ready to go live this week.

INTERVIEWS

Coming up, on Wednesday 18th I will be chatting with the chaps from the Retro Hour podcast. So I’m very much looking forward to talking about the project and where we are heading with it.

I will let you know when it goes live so you can tune in.

Kindest regards as always

Nathan.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2712941

Link to the new concert in Paris on 24/10/2020 (website is in French) - https://www.fnacspectacles.com/place...anrtomb-lt.htm
Old 21-12-19, 17:14   #1855
Brendanlovesu1

THE T-REX at LE GRAND REX

Dear Backers,

LIVE CONCERTS

It is with immense pleasure that I can tell you our next concert is now confirmed. Tomb Raider: Live in Concert featuring The Tomb Raider Suite will be performed by a concert orchestra and full choir at Le Grand Rex in Paris on 24th October 2020.

And what better venue could you ask for, than to hear The T-Rex played live at Le Grand Rex!

This is fantastic news for us as this date falls on the Saturday in the middle of Paris Games Week which runs from Friday 23rd October through to Tuesday 27th October, so anyone thinking about going to the game convention will have another special reason to make the trip.

Tickets are now on sale and we anticipate that they will sell quite quickly, so if you are thinking about going to the game convention and attending Tomb Raider: Live in Concert, get your tickets booked quickly to avoid disappointment.

Tickets for the show can be purchased by clicking on the link below:

https://www.fnacspectacles.com/place...p1AFaTIur6gvzM

---------- GENERAL INFORMATION ----------
DELUXE TIN CDs

All 661 Classic albums with thank you letters are now packed and ready for labelling. Modern albums are being packed at the moment, followed by Gold Ultimate Editions and then the Retail albums. Labels have been prepared for 15 out of 53 countries so far. 800 Thank you letters have been printed and folded (661 are packed) with 400 still to do. Our current plan is to start shipping on 27th December 2019 after the Christmas rush.

JEWEL CASE CDs

15 orders remain outstanding.

VINYL

12 orders remain outstanding.

PAPER ITEMS

9 orders remain outstanding.

T-SHIRTS

15 orders remain outstanding. Final test prints are underway with our new supplier. Integration with our website is almost complete. Hopefully we should be ready to start taking orders with automatic production and shipping within a couple of weeks. New T-Shirt designs are coming too.

POSTERS & PROGRAMMES

New Show Posters and Programmes from the concert at the Royal Festival Hall are coming to our website soon.

-- & HAPPY CHRISTMAS

It only remains for me to wish you all a Very Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2715996
Old 21-12-19, 20:13   #1856
MBog

24th October 2020 that's a really long wait... I honestly believed it would be more of a monthly tour across Europe... I don't blame them tho, I suppose there is no help from SE or CD involving the concerts.
I m glad they still consider doing them
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-19, 11:09   #1857
annacroft

Has anyone ordered a shirt directly from their site? Because I kind of want to give myself a Christmas treat, but wasn't sure if they had been able to fulfill the orders at this present time. I know Nathan mentioned there were some outstanding, but not sure if this is the Kickstarter orders?

EDIT: Re-read the latest update and my question seems to be answered there.
annacroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 01:03   #1858
Brendanlovesu1

Dear Backers,

DELUXE TIN CDs

SHIPMENT 1

It is with great pleasure that I can finally say, the Deluxe Tin CDs are now on the move. We made our first shipment of 73 parcels on 27th December 2019. Not a huge number but this was mainly to test the system, and to minimise any losses still being close to Christmas.

The advice from the Czech Postal Service was to start with nearby countries with the smallest number of orders and to move out from there over the following days to countries further afield and with larger orders. So in our first shipment I sent out parcels to countries in Mainland Europe with lower order amounts as follows:

Austria
Croatia
Cyprus
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
Greece
Hungary
Luxembourg
Malta
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Slovakia
Sweden
ANTICIPATED DELIVERY DATE: 7th January 2020

If you live in one of these countries and you are expecting a Deluxe Tin CD then you should be receiving your package in the next 4 or 5 days.

SHIPMENT 2

Our second shipment went out on 30th December 2019 and we shipped to the following countries:

Argentina
Brazil
Brunei Darussalam
Chile
China
Czech Republic
Hong Kong
Iceland
Korea (Republic of)
New Zealand
Oman
Singapore
Taiwan
United Arab Emirates
Uruguay
ANTICIPATED DELIVERY DATE: 13th to 20th January 2020

(Except Czech Republic: 3rd January 2020)

SHIPMENT 3

Since the 30th December I have been labelling the parcels for Shipment 3 and these were sent out today to the following countries:

Belgium
Italy
Japan
Mexico
Netherlands
Norway
Spain
Switzerland
Turkey

ANTICIPATED DELIVERY DATE: 9th January 2020

(Except Mexico and Japan: 23rd January 2020)

This leaves just 11 countries from our total of 54 left to label and post.

I will make another update as these go out so those of you in these remaining countries know when to expect your parcels.

---------- OTHER NEWS ----------

LIVE CONCERTS

Tickets have been selling well for our next concert at Le Grand Rex in Paris on Saturday 24th October 2020 so if you want to go to this be sure to book your tickets as soon as you can to avoid disappointment. As a reminder, the show is on the Saturday in the middle of Paris Games Week so if you are already going to the games convention this would be the perfect opportunity to hear The Tomb Raider Suite performed live by a full concert orchestra and choir.

YOU CAN BUY TICKETS HERE

https://www.fnacspectacles.com/place...DEg00TvRKOLUV0

- HAPPY NEW YEAR -

And so I wish you all a Happy New Year and success in your ventures for 2020.

Kindest regards as always

Nathan.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2722550

--------------------------------
Update:

In response to a comment, Nathan has confirmed here that pledge rewards are not tracked! rest assured it's "unlikely" that they'll go missing?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...gyODEyMg%3D%3D

Last edited by Brendanlovesu1; 03-01-20 at 11:50.
Old 05-01-20, 15:45   #1859
Kapu

Welp. I'm in the USA and not part of the scheduled list yet. I've been patient this long...that's what I'm trying to tell myself.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 16:51   #1860
Zebra

Nor are the UK, France or Germany. Makes sense that those had the most orders, I guess. Oh, Russia is missing, too, it seems.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote