Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 21-02-13, 18:00   #11
lcroft_lc

Looks very good to me.
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-13, 18:03   #12
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

While it sounds great, I can't help but be bothered that the character design & world all look way too much like Halo. :/
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 05:43   #13
lcroft_lc

New info posted on Bungie's site page:

http://www.bungie.net/en-us/Destiny#page=story

Our civilization once spanned the solar system. Its ruins are still out there: buried in the dunes of Mars, hidden in the jungles of Venus, lost in a wild and abandoned Earth. For centuries we've huddled under the safety of the Traveler, protected from our enemies. Now, a new era has begun, and the only hope for our future lies in unlocking the greatest mysteries of our past.

Everything changed with the arrival of the Traveler. Long ago, it breathed new life into our system and began our Golden Age. But it did not last. Something hit us. Knocked us down. Tried to stamp us out. No one knows exactly what, but we do know this: very few of us survived, and those who did owe their lives to the Traveler.

In our darkest days, Humans, Exos, and Awoken found the Traveler where it made its last stand, low above Earth, silent and immobile. We built this City – our last – within its protective Shield, fighting countless wars to keep its peace. From that dark age, the Guardians of the City were born.

Warlocks have long studied the Traveler, mastering some of its arcane energies. Its true purpose still remains a great mystery, but discovering truth has always driven you into the unknown. Now, our enemies are the only thing that stands between you and the lost wonders of our Golden Age.

The first Titans built the Wall, and gave their lives to defend it. Now, you stand in the same high place, steadfast and sure, protecting all who shelter in your shadow. You hail from a long line of heroes, forged from strength and sacrifice. Our enemies may be deadly and merciless, but so are you.

Hunters once prowled the wilderness and wastelands, taking big risks for even bigger rewards. You're no outlaw—at least, not anymore—but making your own luck has always meant bending the rules. Your unique brand of daring and ingenuity is needed now more than ever.

Enemies

The Fallen are a scourge, tirelessly engaged in war against us and scavenging all that remains. They say their Houses have claimed every planet and moon we ever touched. If you see one in the wild, know there are many more nearby, and don't hesitate to send their souls screaming into the black.

Dreg
These relentless thieves seem driven by desperation and rage. They are crafty, but they usually give up their cover with their clattering and hissing. Most seem outfitted with some kind of shock dagger and pistol, and as far as we can gather, they seem to only have two arms, while other Fallen have four.

Vandal
The truths about the Fallen chain-of-command are still making themselves known, but Vandals appear to hold a higher ranking than the Dregs, and deadlier weapons, too. They often have long range capability, but, lucky for us, their weapons take time to charge.

Captain
Fallen run in packs, led by an individual Captain. There is no denying a Captain's might; they are the fiercest of the Fallen. There is this sense of tattered nobility to them. You can see it in the way they carry themselves. They think they're better than us. They believe that Earth belongs to them.

Last edited by lcroft_lc; 11-05-13 at 05:44.
Old 11-05-13, 06:36   #14
matrix54

Still reminds me too much of Halo.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 08:08   #15
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Can't Bungie do anything but bloody first-person shooters?
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 10:45   #16
Dia2blo

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
Still reminds me too much of Halo.
Not a bad thing IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
Can't Bungie do anything but bloody first-person shooters?
Why would they? Does Bioware take breaks from RPGs to make fighting games...?
Dia2blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 12:02   #17
Spong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia2blo View Post
Does Bioware take breaks from RPGs to make fighting games...?
You're right, they're rubbish too.
Old 11-05-13, 14:10   #18
miss.haggard
Darth Laney

Quote:
Wow, harsh. Why stop making games that you enjoy making and/or are good at and/or make a **** ton of money making?
miss.haggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 14:30   #19
lcroft_lc

Quote:
I thought nobody hate Mass Effect on this forum.
Old 11-05-13, 14:44   #20
Spong

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.haggard View Post
Wow, harsh. Why stop making games that you enjoy making and/or are good at and/or make a **** ton of money making?
I only meant it in the sense that, regardless of how popular it all is, they're just churning out the same old stuff. A bit of variety would be nice, give their dev teams a chance to stretch their wings a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcroft_lc View Post
I thought nobody hate Mass Effect on this forum.
It never appealed to me, and judging by how it apparently ended, I'm glad it didn't.