Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 23-09-20, 13:13   #111
SnatchingEdges

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I've not seen it yet the Twilight parody which is probably better than the Twilight movies none of which I have watched and most definitely will never watch.
Hating Twilight for no reason other than a lot of male teens and creepy cinephiles say so on the Internet is so 2011

@Blue Light, Funny you say that cuz I bought Ella Enchanted and Enchanted (the Disney one) at the same time. They were around 6 pounds and I just couldn't resist the temptation High couture cinema here.

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 23-09-20 at 13:15.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-20, 14:35   #112
Ringtir

Quote:
I like Sucker Punch.

Since when has 28 Days Later been unpopular? Unless you mean 28 Weeks Later.
I remember being on the cinema and there was just my dad and me. Also I always hear about the Romero's trilogy, Resident Evil, Dawn of the Dead, Zombieland, World War Z...

28 Weeks Later is terrible... Better than Twilight anyway

Last edited by Ringtir; 23-09-20 at 14:36.
Ringtir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-20, 17:04   #113
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringtir View Post
I remember being on the cinema and there was just my dad and me. Also I always hear about the Romero's trilogy, Resident Evil, Dawn of the Dead, Zombieland, World War Z...

28 Weeks Later is terrible... Better than Twilight anyway
Zombieland and it's sequel Zombieland Double Tap are great movies watch out for the really dumb blonde in the sequel she's very funny, the Resident Evil movies and World War Z are great too, AFAIK I've not seen Dawn of the Dead then again I might have seen it so many zombie movies can't keep track of them all, reminds me of the line from Stargate SG-1's 200th episode Zombies have been done to death, no pun intended.

If you haven't seen it you should check out the first Silent Hill movie there's no Zombies but it's still a good movie just avoid the sequel the less said about it the better though it did have a few good scenes in it like the carousel scene and the mannequin monster scene both of which can easily be found on YouTube.

It Follows is another movie well worth watching so is Drag Me To Hell.

If you haven't seen it avoid The Babadook at all costs the child in that movie is very irritating with his constant screaming his mother is just as irritating it's their dog I feel sorry for, for once I was on the demons side who coincidentally looks just like Johnny Depps Willy Wonka, I could curse autocorrect it changed Wonka to Sonja

Let Me In is another of my favourite movies, have you seen it?
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-20, 19:24   #114
Ringtir

Quote:
Well yes, i saw almost all of the movies i listed, some of them i enjoy and some not so much.
About resi i can say that the first one is good, but after watching the second one i was done with it.

28 days later is IMO a 10/10, and doesn't have the popularity that deserves.

Silent Hill: the first one is really good, even if it doesn't respect all the "canon" stated by the Silent Team, i think the backstories of the town and Alessa/Cheryl are very well writen, very dark and twisted. The second one is a bad joke.

Never see Drag me to Hell and never Heard of Let me in, i'll check them

Last edited by Ringtir; 23-09-20 at 19:27.
Ringtir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-20, 14:37   #115
Blue_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
@Blue Light, Funny you say that cuz I bought Ella Enchanted and Enchanted (the Disney one) at the same time. They were around 6 pounds and I just couldn't resist the temptation High couture cinema here.
Money well spent, I'll say.

"Enchanted" is so good, too. Another movie that has criminal lack of re-runs on television, here. ò3ó
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-20, 19:37   #116
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringtir View Post
Well yes, i saw almost all of the movies i listed, some of them i enjoy and some not so much.
About resi i can say that the first one is good, but after watching the second one i was done with it.

28 days later is IMO a 10/10, and doesn't have the popularity that deserves.

Silent Hill: the first one is really good, even if it doesn't respect all the "canon" stated by the Silent Team, i think the backstories of the town and Alessa/Cheryl are very well writen, very dark and twisted. The second one is a bad joke.

Never see Drag me to Hell and never Heard of Let me in, i'll check them
You should stick with the Resident Evil movies they're good IMO and had some great scenes along the way which I won't say because of spoilers while I like them all the first one, Extinction and Retribution are my favourites and since you've already seen it the scene in the second movie where the infected woman jumps off the roof and it zooms down to her body several hundred feet down, the opening of Retribution was great especially in 3D one of my favourite parts in Retribution don't worry no spoilers was blood spatter flying out of the screen and one of my favourite lines in Retribution when activating the lift to the surface someone said next stop sporting goods and menswear
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-20, 20:16   #117
Ellioft

A Goofy Movie isn't an unpopular movie at all in fact it has their followers it's not because Disney doesn't have promote it than it was a failure.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-20, 17:50   #118
Blue_light

So I got on my Youtube recommendations some meme reactions to "Aquamarine", and I'm like "omg, how did I forget this movie existed, I loved it so much!"
For that I'm including it here, and also because it's been years since it aired on tv anywhere.

It did the "love message" way better than "Frozen", in my opinion.

(you already have noticed that for me "unpopular" also includes "underrated/unheard/forgotten" )
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-20, 20:32   #119
TombRager

Thought to mention Life of Pi. Maybe it's not as unpopular but I don't see people talking about this movie at all.
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-20, 15:09   #120
Blackmoor

These movies aren't exactly unpopular but they're not popular typically with adults.

I love the Tinkerbell Disney films. I have the collection....

Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure is the best one.

I watch them when I'm feeling ill or down, they're like comfort films.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote