Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 21-04-15, 12:50   #1
psiko

Default HyperSquare - All seasons: Work Plan

Aready a year has passed since I released my HyperSquare game. Today is "HyperSquare - season1" 's first birthday, as it was released this day one year ago. And to celebrate, I am happy to present to you gradually a "plan" for future seasons. The previous topic about my game was about the "making of" my game, but here I won't do specifically reports about the making of's, I will show directly in-game shots of things already done and enjoyable in-game unless some "making of" is so interesting that I wish to share with you

As this topic is about all the "seasons" of my game, I start with a brief story with what has been already released. You'll discover in the next years why they are not simple "parts" of a game, and because I call them "seasons". Most of all it's because each of the seasons will have their own "characterization" that will make them unique even if the main story I will tell is only one. In each season there will be a "finale" that will close some of the plot threads and will open others to the following season, like often happens in those tv-serials we are so used now And every level will be like an episode: some main missions, progresses in the main story, a "universe" to be described, discovered, lived, enjoyed
Here is comes

(About HyperSquare Link12, I will try my best to do all the changes to fix bugs and facilitate the gameplay by scripting, so that all your previous savegames will be compatible)

Enjoy!
Ant. (psiko)
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-15, 09:33   #2
annl

Thumbs up

I need to play this, it looks so good! Congratulations on one year! Still the most downloaded game on TRLE.net!
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-15, 10:48   #3
CheshireBitch

It looks stunning !
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-15, 11:29   #4
Alex Fly
Inactive

You'll never cease to amaze me, you !
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-15, 11:29   #5
teme9

Sounds very good!

I am actually looking foward most to the feature that makes the first set easier! I am a terrible Level player and this is a really good news for me (yeah... I did not get far last time I tried)

Looking great I really like how there is this rosey/magenta tone in your shots. It's nice how it carries from shot to shot.
teme9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-15, 12:15   #6
psiko

thank you guys it means a lot to me
About the easier gameplay of season1, I will try my best to do things with scripting, so that previous savegames will still work
I will double (or so) the timing of traps (or pauses) and enhance in-game helps even with tips on what to do/where to go next, and "lara-look-at-that-target" hints
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-15, 12:46   #7
teme9

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiko View Post
thank you guys it means a lot to me
About the easier gameplay of season1, I will try my best to do things with scripting, so that previous savegames will still work
I will double (or so) the timing of traps (or pauses) and enhance in-game helps even with tips on what to do/where to go next, and "lara-look-at-that-target" hints
Sounds great!
teme9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 20:28   #8
JunoJim

Thumbs up Looks Great !!!

Psiko - this looks very professional. You are the TR Master !!!
JunoJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 20:53   #9
akci

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiko View Post
I will double (or so) the timing of traps (or pauses) and enhance in-game helps even with tips on what to do/where to go next
Please don't. It's bad enough that official games are becoming ever more easier, sometimes insultingly so, by trying to appeal to everyone, that awful lowest common denominator thing, but it just devalues that product IMO. There will always be a few who complain about a game being too difficult, but surely there is a silent majority who don't, it's just human nature that when there everything is fine then there's nothing to talk about.
I remember you once said that the difficulty of your TRA begins where that of TR3 ends. Well, if anything, the difficulty of your future games should begin where TRA left off. I've found Hypersquare a step back in that regard. Just a small step though generally, and there were some things that made me scratch me head, but in TRA there were far more of those.
Come on, challenge us!
And if it'll be to much for a few players, well, that's what walkthroughs are for.

As for the screenshots, absolutely stunning I have no doubt whatsoever that it will be a visual masterpiece, but that's pretty much the norm by you.

Last edited by akci; 23-04-15 at 20:55.
akci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 22:50   #10
Mordyga

I was amazed by your level design, especially by the ones when Lara travelled in the past. I hope for more goodies like that in future relase Good luck
Mordyga is offline   Reply With Quote