Arsunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by annl View Post
Fantastic work Arsunt! Works fantastic!
Thanks!
Quote:
Can you do one for TR3 Gold too?
Yes, of course, I can do exactly the same for TR3 Gold.
Quote:
The FMVs are not working well now, the sounds loop and then the FMV cuts off and auto skips halfway, what is wrong?
Also I have my own patch for FMV (exclusive too), very cool patch, you may believe me. I'll patch these exe files tomorrow for correct FMV work. In fact, I was not going to publish my work in parts, but I decided to show some cool things after all, the Aces are still in the hole.
Quote:
Also message AlexFly, get this uploaded on his website! It's your choice, but many people have the same problem I had.
About this little patch, in TR3 I rewrote hundreds of times more code. Among the changes are dozens of bug fixes, compatibility improvements, a number of graphical improvements (some of them optional), and many more interesting things. Everything will be published as soon as the project is completed. I've been working on this for almost 10 years, and the work is coming to an end, I hope this year the world will see what real patches for classics should be without any ugly crutches like AHK Injector.
Arsunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-17, 22:27   #12
annl

OK! The widescreen is fantastic, could it be my mods causing the FMV issue?

I added:
  • No Crystals Level Files, Cutscene Files and fixed audio with bonus track.
  • Widescreen Pix Files

Even with deinterlaced FMVs the problem still remains.
I also have the issue with the sunglasses options crashing the game when opening the passport.

Last edited by annl; 16-04-17 at 22:30.
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-17, 23:01   #13
Arsunt

Quote:
OK! The widescreen is fantastic, could it be my mods causing the FMV issue?
It could, but I don't know for sure. Anyway old FMV player is crap. I've redesigned it completely. My new player is ffmpeg powered, it supports rpl, mp4, and many other media formats. And it works natively without any wrappers or injectors and other unstable things.
Quote:
I also have the issue with the sunglasses options crashing the game when opening the passport.
Yeah. It is one of the most critical bugs of Core Design. They allocated static string array for resolution list. But array is too small for modern resolution list, and resolution strings overflaw all the neighbour memory, erasing significant data. I've fixed this bug too, but I won't include this fix before the full patch release, for technical reasons. UPD. I decided to optimize the code and I managed to add this fix without adding new exe sections.

For programmers: NEVER write to the buffer without checking its size. Better yet, allocate memory dynamically, and free it when it becomes unnecessary. Static buffer is a time bomb, if you do not know how much data the program might want to put into it.

Last edited by Arsunt; 20-04-17 at 20:09.
Old 16-04-17, 23:04   #14
annl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
It could, but I don't know for sure. Anyway old FMV player is crap. I've redesigned it completely. My new player is ffmpeg powered, it supports rpl, mp4, and many other media formats. And it works natively without any wrappers or injectors and other unstable things.

Yeah. It is one of the most critical bugs of Core Design. They allocated static string array for resolution list. But array is too small for modern resolution list, and resolution strings overflaw all the neighbour memory, erasing significant data. I've fixed this bug too, but I won't include this fix before the full patch release, for technical reasons.

For programmers: NEVER write to the buffer without checking its size. Better yet, allocate memory dynamically, and release when it becomes unnecessary. Static buffers are a time bomb, if you do not know how much data the program might want to put.
That's good, normally new FMV file formats fix the issues for me.

As for the sunglasses bug, I understand totally, it's your project.

One more thing, on behalf of many TR Fans, thank you. TR3 is the one TR that hasn't been updated with more modern patches. Good work on this 10 year (WOW!) project!

Last edited by annl; 16-04-17 at 23:07.
Old 17-04-17, 19:05   #15
Arsunt

Quote:
That's good, normally new FMV file formats fix the issues for me.
As I promised, here are patched EXE files with the automatic FOV fix and the new FMV player for TR3 and The Lost Artifact. Also it includes sunglasses bugfix.

This version of the game supports a great many video formats, thanks to the built-in ffmpeg codecs, including support for RPL and MP4. You do not need to install any codec, driver or wrapper packages. This is the implementation of fully native support for any FMV, including HQ. The volume level of the videos is set in accordance with the volume of in-game music.

I've disabled old videoplayer files, so you can delete them if you want: dec130.dll, edec.dll, winplay.dll, winsdec.dll, winstr.dll. Instead, I created a single video player file ffplay.dll. It is based on ffmpeg player source code, but also includes a simple and reliable game interaction interface. SDL 1.2 required, so I include SDL.dll too.

Do not combine this patch with other Widescreen patches and Peixoto's patch. They will break the correct work of the game.

P.S. These are just a few small nice patches from the already implemented arsenal of features and bugfixes. I hope you enjoy them.

UPD. I've updated the patch. Old links deleted.

Last edited by Arsunt; 23-09-21 at 15:48.
Old 17-04-17, 19:11   #16
annl

FMV issue fixed! Thanks Arsunt! I'm going to get clearer ones right away for TR3, do I just put them in the FMV folder?

Volume is a little low but better.

Have you restored the removed pickup icon that appeared in the corner of the screen in the betas?

EDIT: Can't find any remastered FMVs. Ah well, they look better anyway!

EDIT2: If it's not too much to ask, can you patch the TR3 Gold exe? I'm getting it next week and would like an exe for it.

EDIT3: I'm having framerate issues, frame dropping to about 15FPS in Jungle. Sorry to bother you, is this an issue currently?

EDIT4: If I close and reopen the game, the issue disappears.

EDIT5: It seems to get worse over time. Framerate now very bad.

Last edited by annl; 17-04-17 at 20:15.
Old 20-04-17, 20:20   #17
Arsunt

Quote:
FMV issue fixed! Thanks Arsunt! I'm going to get clearer ones right away for TR3, do I just put them in the FMV folder?
Yeah!
Quote:
Volume is a little low but better.
Quote:
If it's not too much to ask, can you patch the TR3 Gold exe? I'm getting it next week and would like an exe for it.
I've upload the updated patch. There is new link in my previous post.
Quote:
Have you restored the removed pickup icon that appeared in the corner of the screen in the betas?
Not yet.
Quote:
I'm having framerate issues, frame dropping to about 15FPS in Jungle. Sorry to bother you, is this an issue currently?
I'll try to find out how to help you with that.
Old 22-04-17, 05:30   #18
Nucleoprotein

Hello

@Arsunt
Can you apply crashfix on older patch without new FMV player ? Because is incompatible with dgVoodoo2 (Glide, DX1-7 and 8 wrapper to DX11) which I use and it's the best tool to run older Tomb Raiders smoothly on my Windows 10.

Thanks

PS:
dgVoodoo2 can help also @annl for his framerate issues (i had it too in some places without it).
You can get latest version here: http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=577298#p577298

Last edited by Nucleoprotein; 22-04-17 at 05:36.
Nucleoprotein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-17, 13:59   #19
JOHN30011887

Yeah dgVoodoo2 is great, for years i had a line on the main menu that bugged me to hell, then after using dgVoodoo2 its gone, game runs great with it aswell
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-17, 17:56   #20
annl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleoprotein View Post
Hello

@Arsunt
Can you apply crashfix on older patch without new FMV player ? Because is incompatible with dgVoodoo2 (Glide, DX1-7 and 8 wrapper to DX11) which I use and it's the best tool to run older Tomb Raiders smoothly on my Windows 10.

Thanks

PS:
dgVoodoo2 can help also @annl for his framerate issues (i had it too in some places without it).
You can get latest version here: http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=577298#p577298
Thanks, but for some reason dgVoodoo 2 doesn't work on my ATI Radeon 4350.