Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 18-09-17, 18:50   #11
Alex Fly
Inactive

Good continuation with your project! I'll be keeping an eye on this one, that's for sure.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-17, 20:12   #12
zdimension

Added screenshots to main post.
zdimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-17, 21:22   #13
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD86 View Post
The current TR game is what makes this community exists. If the source code becomes available, we will have a plethora of new TR games as many people will try to build their own versions of the game. The community will splinter because many will be playing different games.
Hacks, wrappers and decompilers have been there at least since the year 2000. They helped greatly in fixing bugs of the original games and improving/enhancing what we have now.

Infact, the modding community is THE reason why the classics are so active 20 years after the first TR release. Look at the games that don't have any modding community. Most of them die after two/three years when the next installment is released. Now look at the games that can produce mods. They are being constantly improved by people, they can get new stories, new graphics, better optimization et cetera. Gothic 1 & 2 received unofficial DX11 update which enhanced gameplay with new graphics effects, LOD et cetera. Service Pack fixed the bugs of the original game and allowed it to work on modern hardware while maintaining the vanilla look and feel of the game.

Tomb Raider Level Editor has greatly lengthened the life span of the original series, since it gives the possibility to play a game that can be more classic than anything we received post-TRC.

Getting the source code can only benefit the game. This will allow it to be fixed, patched, improved and enhanced. If anything, only the modding community will be divided, but frankly, it already is. There are people who use Room Editor, who use TRNG, or Dxtre3D. Finally there are guys who work on their own modifications to the engine or completely new ones.

Also, no matter how much one can modify the original TR2 engine or levels, your CD disc stays the same and so does the game within. The idea of "splitting the community" is an illusion. Nothing like that has happened over the years even though there's been plenty of occasions to do so. The legacy/vanilla Tomb Raider is in no danger, but it can only change for the better. And optionally, not forced.

Last edited by Caesum; 18-09-17 at 21:23.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-17, 19:20   #14
zdimension

zdimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-17, 15:26   #15
Nightshades

Hey it's been a while, nice to see the progress, you guys really love tomb raider ! i'll take a look, thanks.
Nightshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-17, 18:17   #16
Gancian

Just wanted you to know that I love and support all of this work. Thanks for your dedication <3
Gancian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 00:08   #17
Alain19

Smile Great work!

I just discovered what you have done ( when I was doing something else) and I am flabbergasted by the amount of work done ( including some for the PC!) and I will follow your progress closely! In the meantime I will try to follow decompliling a little more so later I could be able to help.
congrats!
Alain19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 17:53   #18
DunHill
Inactive

I was looking a bit at he github of this project, I could see some updates from time to time and was wondering how well this was going ?
DunHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-19, 02:09   #19
Gh0stBlade

Progress on PSXPC_N (PSX emulated on PC)

Video
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-19, 10:40   #20
Woops

Nice work
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote