Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 02-02-12, 01:02   #1011
tombstone

Cool

most critically acclaimed games have outfit's uncharted,batman,resident evil etc.. i don't see anyone complaining about uncharted 2's skins, and saying it ruined the experience and was unrealistic
tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 01:04   #1012
Lukass

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Is there any problem, to put a CD on, and play the classics?

I don't know. Is there?

Why don't you try it while I'm playing TR10 multiplayer?
Are you trying to insult me or something?
Lukass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 01:04   #1013
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo_Rosso View Post
Crystal Dynamics shouldn't have said that, I think they know that themselves now. If you forget everything about Tomb Raider, then what they're making isn't Tomb Raider anymore.
They said it clearly to sweep away any (inevitable) reactions such as "This isnt TUMB RAYDUR it's silen hyl fuq Cee Dee!" Which it did to some extent.

I think it should have been said, the fan base needed an exaggerated disclaimer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombstone View Post
most critically acclaimed games have outfit's uncharted,batman,resident evil etc.. i don't see anyone complaining about uncharted 2's skins, and saying it ruined the experience and was unrealistic
Exactly. It's just about choosing those outfits (and content in general) wisely.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 01:05   #1014
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Answer...

Quote:
No, see.
So...

Q: What's Crystal's latest stance on whether or not TR9 will have extra costumes?
A: No, see.

And that makes sense to you?

I'll just assume that what you actually mean is that Crystal are still saying there won't be any unlockable costumes (which gets a from me).
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 01:09   #1015
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
So...

Q: What's Crystal's latest stance on whether or not TR9 will have extra costumes?
A: No, see.

And that makes sense to you?

I'll just assume that what you actually mean is that Crystal are still saying there won't be any unlockable costumes

I quoted another one of your questions actually, in my last post, to show which one I was responding to, and it wasn't that one.

Crystal's latest stance on unlockables in general is that they are a "franchise staple" and that they would love to fill the game with unlockables to facilitate exploration. They just don't want to spoil the game, as Karl has said.

I don't think they are against unlockable outfits, personally. But they are going to be selective when it comes to what they chose, so that the tone of the game is not ruined by Lara running around in a bikini or clown costume. And that, was their first stance "no unlockable bikinis".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
Are you trying to insult me or something?
No, but a few pages back it wouldn't be a shock for one to wonder if you were insulting me for having such crazy ideas like multiplayer.

I just think it's odd that you are telling other people to put in a CD and play the classics as if they can't get over change, yet you yourself will have nothing to do with multiplayer because TR has simply been single player in the past.

Last edited by larafan25; 02-02-12 at 01:12.
Old 02-02-12, 01:17   #1016
Rai

Quote:

@Anyone else
Anybody know what Crystal are currently saying about whether TR9 will have unlockable costumes? I'd appreciate an answer that's actually an answer
Hope this helps:

Quote:
From the FAQ:
Will there be unlockable outfits in the game, or just Lara’s default clothing?

KS: “Of course Tomb Raider has been known throughout the years to have unlockables and ways to interact beyond just the core game. We take that to heart. All I can say is ‘watch this space.’ We love unlockables and we love items as much as you do. That isn’t a yes or a no, but it’s a “worth thinking about.’ We’re still so far out it isn’t a decision we need to make next week.” [Transcribed from Crystal Habit Podcast]

Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 01:19   #1017
Spong

^Thanks

Quote:
I quoted another one of your questions actually, in my last post, to show which one I was responding to, and it wasn't that one.
My apologies, I didn't see you'd bolded that last part before.

So, regarding costumes as unlockables (nothing else), Crystal is still saying there won't be (seeing as they have nothing to do with exploration). That's still a from me then. Although what Karl actually said in Rai's quote seems more like they're undecided.

Last edited by Spong; 02-02-12 at 01:20.
Old 02-02-12, 01:21   #1018
Lukass

Thanks Rai

Hmm, must admit I'd like to see the new Lara wearing some winter clothes as there might be snowy mountain areas in the game.
Lukass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 01:24   #1019
larafan25

Quote:
^Thanks

My apologies, I didn't see you'd bolded that last part before.

So, regarding costumes as unlockables (nothing else), Crystal is still saying there won't be (seeing as they have nothing to do with exploration). That's still a from me then. Although what Karl actually said in Rai's quote seems more like they're undecided.
Unlockables have everything to do with exploration when you need to explore to find them, so having unlockables pushes the player to explore, if those unlockables seem valuable to them.

edit: BTW I think they spoke about unlockables elsewhere too.

Last edited by larafan25; 02-02-12 at 01:25.
Old 02-02-12, 01:29   #1020
Spong

Quote:
Unlockables have everything to do with exploration when you need to explore to find them, so having unlockables pushes the player to explore, if those unlockables seem valuable to them.
You're seeing it from a different angle to me. When Karl mentioned unlockables in relation to exploration, I interpreted it as meaning unlockables that would open up more exploration, not unlockables because of exploration as you put it.

God knows I'd be furious if I took time out to uncover some kind of secret, only to be rewarded with a bloody costume