Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
yep it's adam rourke thats his name

here's the article

100% legitimate and factual

now go forth and spread this knowledge like peanut butter, babes
Hilarious!

I thought his name was Commander. :-P

Last edited by Love2Raid; 13-01-20 at 19:50.
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-20, 20:26   #18852
laracroftswest

The animations here are incredible, as is the accuracy of Lara's character model. It's insane how she nearly looks exactly like her PS2 counterpart (I'm guessing it's a modified version of it), and it really takes the Level Editor feel to a whole new level, as if this PS1 engine got a facelift to look 10 years better. If someone could use these animations and a similar model with such realism, I think the TRLE world would feel extremely refreshed.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 01:33   #18853
LateRaider
Inactive

you guys know how there are randomizers for many different games? like super metroid randomizer or final fantasy vi: beyond chaos?

i want a tomb raider i randomizer. think of it: randomizing save crystal placement, starting guns, enemies, item placement (imagine going to a secret and finding the pistols!)

it'd be such a fun thing to play

also everyone please factualize the name adam rourke. luv u x

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
The animations here are incredible, as is the accuracy of Lara's character model. It's insane how she nearly looks exactly like her PS2 counterpart (I'm guessing it's a modified version of it), and it really takes the Level Editor feel to a whole new level, as if this PS1 engine got a facelift to look 10 years better. If someone could use these animations and a similar model with such realism, I think the TRLE world would feel extremely refreshed.
[YouTube]O-3Q1sZRti4[/YouTube
this honestly looks beautiful. i wonder if lara would still feel "too heavy" when she jumps or not. i've often thought about AoD's weight issue being animation or actual gravity in physics
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 01:38   #18854
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
you guys know how there are randomizers for many different games? like super metroid randomizer or final fantasy vi: beyond chaos?

i want a tomb raider i randomizer. think of it: randomizing save crystal placement, starting guns, enemies, item placement (imagine going to a secret and finding the pistols!)

it'd be such a fun thing to play

also everyone please factualize the name adam rourke. luv u x

this honestly looks beautiful. i wonder if lara would still feel "too heavy" when she jumps or not. i've often thought about AoD's weight issue being animation or actual gravity in physics
Honestly I just wish we knew how to move/change the pick-ups/enemies in AOD as a sort of re-balance mod, it needs it more than any other TR game anyway.
(Half the weapons lost for good at the first half, literally only 4 shots for the dart gun the entire game, only one stage where the shotgun can be used on living targets, No pistols pick-up without visiting a test level and poor ammo balancing from the Strahov afterwards.)

I know there's that old video of the Sanitarium inmates on the Backstreets level but I can't find anything on how to actually do that.

I would love a randomizer mod.

Imagine walking into Le Serpent Rouge and seeing Boaz on the Dance floor or having Winston show up as the final boss of TR3.

Last edited by Samz; 14-01-20 at 01:40.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 01:54   #18855
LateRaider
Inactive

i think if we were to do a rebalance mod of AoD I'd prefer it to be the PS2 version. i already have controls in mind.

we don't need look (right stick camera does that for us), walk (pressure sensitive left stick does that for us), or roll (it was mostly used to turn 180 degrees and isn't needed with the new analog movement)

so bearing that in mind, we can do this:

Left Stick: Move
Right Stick: Camera
D-Pad Up/Down: Scroll through available weapons
D-Pad Left/Right: Scroll through available healing items
X: Action
O: Stealth/Change targets with weapon drawn
Square: Jump
Triangle: Use healing item
L1: Draw weapon
R1: Fire weapon
L2: Crouch
R2: Sprint
L3: [unused, that or we could find a use for it]
R3: Recenter camera

edit -

you have no idea how happy this picture makes me (it's a mod to replace TR:C Lara with TRI Pierre--but only in this one cutscene lmao)

Last edited by LateRaider; 14-01-20 at 23:11.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 01:11   #18856
lance6439

You can now play the impressive fan remake of Tomb Raider 2

Latest Stills From Tomb Raider 2's Gorgeous Fanmade Facelift Just Released

3D artist remakes Tomb Raider 2 environments + screenshots for Tomb Raider The Dagger Of Xian Remake

Fans Remaking Tomb Raider 2 In Unreal Engine 4

Impressive Fan Remake of Tomb Raider II is Now Playable

PlayGround• 245K views
Ultimate Gamerz 2.5M views
Nicobass•408K views
Melonie Mac 69K views
GameplayGame•104K views
Rundle67•210K views
Shirrako 126K views
PredCaliber•298K views
ReviewsdeGames 126K views
BenzaieLive 121K views
HCL.hr 91K views
Vertez 79K views
PLAYERINSIDUE 75K views
tombevil•74K views

You've gotta wonder why CD/SE haven't capitalized off the hype of a TR remake or remaster. The demand is clearly there.

lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 11:26   #18857
Vaskito

It's funny how there's loads of comments in which they make fun of Nintendo and other companies, and were expecting Crystal to bring in the lawyers and take it down - which not only did NOT happen, but it actually got their green light as long as he didn't intend to sell it. And then, people in here say Crystal are ****ty and so on.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 12:12   #18858
TR1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
It's funny how there's loads of comments in which they make fun of Nintendo and other companies, and were expecting Crystal to bring in the lawyers and take it down - which not only did NOT happen, but it actually got their green light as long as he didn't intend to sell it. And then, people in here say Crystal are ****ty and so on.
Cause some people here have the intelligence of a nut.
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 12:53   #18859
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Cause some people here have the intelligence of a nut.
No, they have the brain of jellyfish. Oh, my bad! Jellyfish don’t have brains...

That TRII remake is too Underworld-ish for my taste {Lara’s clunky animations, grunts, the model’s ridiculous physic (No, the model is not screaming Classic Lara to me. She’s just a generic, fan-made model ‘reminding’ Lara Croft. To me), the combat, the neverending spiders (did they escape from Thailand???), and the ridiculous fall-damage (Just like falling down from those pillars in Thailand/Underworld)}. Being similar to Anniversary would’ve helped {in terms of Lara’s model, gameplay, level design, SFXs}.
I can’t believe peopler are waiting for the demo’s full release. It was only made by Nicobass to show-off in a job interview. The much he could do is Croft Manor and Venice. *AoD Lara voice* That’s it!
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 13:04   #18860
TR1249

I agree with your points, King. The demo just felt like Anniversary/Underworld Skinny Edition and that's everything people don't want for Classic Remasters. It's also funny when some say how CLara was unique and everything but see her in every female character nowadays. Wasn't so unique then, huh?
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote