Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 19-05-21, 06:28   #1
Brendanlovesu1

Default Update on the animated film on the events between Tomb 4-AOD

Not sure where to post this or if it needs it's own thread but the lovely Ash has been working on a animated short film showing the events between Tomb Raider 4 and The Angel of Darkness. This will finally explain what happened to Lara before the events in Paris.

"As you know, I have been working to create an animated short film showing the events between Tomb Raider 4 and The Angel of Darkness. This will finally explain what happened to Lara before the events in Paris. The story is being created by Murti Schofield, the writer for the Angel of Darkness.

Jonell Elliott will be back to voice Lara and it will be done in a similar style to my Lara’s diary video I did with Shelley Blond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKr19Do_g-g

Murti finished the script and it is now with Adayka for drawings and Jonell for voiceover. I am starting working on animation real soon too.

I will be live-streaming some of the work in progress processes on my discord in VIP section so if you're a Ko‑fi supporter let me know and I'll add you

A few facts about it. The film should be about 10-13 minutes long.

There are two scripts actually:

-shorter version that we are animating

-longer version that will be released after the film for those looking to read and get more details.

The working title is The Revelation of Darkness: The Myth of El Hawa.

As a thank you for all your support the first draft premiere will be held for Ko‑fi supporters once it’s finished.

EXCITING TIMES!

https://ko-fi.com/post/Update-on-the...ween-Z8Z34O937
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-21, 07:57   #2
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
Not sure where to post this or if it needs it's own thread but the lovely Ash has been working on a animated short film showing the events between Tomb Raider 4 and The Angel of Darkness. This will finally explain what happened to Lara before the events in Paris.

"As you know, I have been working to create an animated short film showing the events between Tomb Raider 4 and The Angel of Darkness. This will finally explain what happened to Lara before the events in Paris. The story is being created by Murti Schofield, the writer for the Angel of Darkness.

Jonell Elliott will be back to voice Lara and it will be done in a similar style to my Lara’s diary video I did with Shelley Blond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKr19Do_g-g

Murti finished the script and it is now with Adayka for drawings and Jonell for voiceover. I am starting working on animation real soon too.

I will be live-streaming some of the work in progress processes on my discord in VIP section so if you're a Ko‑fi supporter let me know and I'll add you

A few facts about it. The film should be about 10-13 minutes long.

There are two scripts actually:

-shorter version that we are animating

-longer version that will be released after the film for those looking to read and get more details.

The working title is The Revelation of Darkness: The Myth of El Hawa.

As a thank you for all your support the first draft premiere will be held for Ko‑fi supporters once it’s finished.

EXCITING TIMES!

https://ko-fi.com/post/Update-on-the...ween-Z8Z34O937
When you say the events between Last Revelation and AOD, do you mean Lara's escape from the tomb that collapsed around her at the end of Last Revelation and then everything that happens to her up until Von Croy makes contact with her at the beginning of AOD?

Last edited by Greenapple968; 19-05-21 at 11:25.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-21, 09:12   #3
Brendanlovesu1

I think it would cover that,

we know about Putai and the cut content from AoD i.e Lara would have an amulet for strength or something
Old 19-05-21, 09:14   #4
Amunet

Interesting. I'll be keeping an eye out for this.

Thanks for sharing.
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-21, 11:26   #5
Greenapple968

Quote:
I think it would cover that,

we know about Putai and the cut content from AoD i.e Lara would have an amulet for strength or something
I see. This is something that I would be interested in. I'm not the biggest fan of AOD but I do like the game enough in order to be interested in this.
Old 20-05-21, 12:52   #6
Brendanlovesu1

Default Further Update

Hey everyone,

Just a quickie.

Two updates:

We now have a poster for the whole project and a final title!

Tomb Raider: The Myth of El Hawa

Lookie how pretty:

Adayka is doing some incredible artwork carefully guided by Murti’s notes and his insight on how he sees stuff!

I now have set a new funding goal on Ko‑fi for a 2nd PC that would be used solely for streaming and rendering projects. This will unload my main PC so I could for example continue doing other editing work whilst the second workstation is rendering. I’ve done some research on prices etc.

Thank you all so much for your continued support. This has helped me so much with website costs, software costs and even improvement for my mental health (with new ebike).

Naturally, Ko‑fi supporters will be credited in Tomb Raider: The myth of El Hawa video.

I’m off next week for as it’s my birthday on the 27th. I plan to spend it working on the El Hawa project and hopefully stream Tomb Raider: Chronicles on my birthday with Core Design team members. Give me a follow so you don’t miss it if it happens:

Twitch.tv/tomb_of_ash

https://ko-fi.com/post/Further-Tomb-...te-W-F1F14OTRU
Old 20-05-21, 13:29   #7
Amunet

Quote:
We now have a poster for the whole project and a final title!

Tomb Raider: The Myth of El Hawa
I really like that title!

And the poster art looks really nice. ♥
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-21, 14:08   #8
Greenapple968

I look forward to further updates.
Old 20-05-21, 14:14   #9
CircusBabysGal

Thumbs up

I'm so happy! Especially that we will see Jonell returning as Lara! Do we already have some kind of planned release date? Maybe not an exact one but perhaps before 2021? Regardless I'll be around to wait as long as it takes!
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-21, 14:19   #10
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
I'm so happy! Especially that we will see Jonell returning as Lara! Do we already have some kind of planned release date? Maybe not an exact one but perhaps before 2021? Regardless I'll be around to wait as long as it takes!
Great things can take a long time to create.