Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 23-04-17, 18:26   #291
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
They went unobserved during beta testing because ps2 version has backface culling disabled.
Now that IS interesting! It makes a lot of sense!!!

@Nakamichi680:

Do you think it would be possible to replace the beta shotgun ammo model that comes up in the food elevator in Le Serpent Rouge with the final model?
Right now the moddels differ. You can see the beta models coming up, and when the elevator doors open; they magically get replaced with the final model.

Last edited by TRJTA; 23-04-17 at 18:29.
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-17, 20:31   #292
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
I can send you the files if you want.
Yes, sure! I could check the differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Do you think it would be possible to replace the beta shotgun ammo model that comes up in the food elevator in Le Serpent Rouge with the final model?
Right now the moddels differ. You can see the beta models coming up, and when the elevator doors open; they magically get replaced with the final model.
I'll take note of this glitch but I can't say right now if and when it will be fixed :/

Do you remember when you asked me about game fonts? They aren't inside FE.wad as I originally stated, they're inside the game executable.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 14:20   #293
red_lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
Yes, sure! I could check the differences.

I'll take note of this glitch but I can't say right now if and when it will be fixed :/

Do you remember when you asked me about game fonts? They aren't inside FE.wad as I originally stated, they're inside the game executable.
Could you tell me what is inside FE.wad?
red_lion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 17:42   #294
SLAYER

I'll just post it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bx0rzf...RAGUE2.GMX.zip
SLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 20:06   #295
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
Could you tell me what is inside FE.wad?
I have no idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
Thanks
Old 20-05-17, 14:25   #296
nakamichi680

A small preview of the next patch that will be released by the end of June. It will fix Kurtis' farsee effect, which is red on PS2. This is the final result.

Let me know if looks fine or if it needs some tweaks in the amount of red and brightness.
Old 20-05-17, 14:34   #297
Alex Fly
Inactive

Nice! I had no idea this effect was red on PS2. It looks good to me.

Thanks for supporting the game after all these years. It gets better and better with your patches.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-17, 14:38   #298
FairFriend

Restoring AOD to its PS2 greatness, one bit at a time (quite literally)! Great work as usual nakamichi, but why releasing it at the end of June if the effect has already been restored?

BTW, I was thinking that someone should make a patcher that allows the user to merge the many different patched .exe that are available in one single .exe, eventually warning the user if the selected patches are conflicting. I believe that comparing the binaries should do the trick, though I'm not 100% sure of that. Just food for thought.

Last edited by FairFriend; 20-05-17 at 14:41.
FairFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-17, 14:56   #299
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairFriend View Post
Restoring AOD to its PS2 greatness, one bit at a time (quite literally)! Great work as usual nakamichi, but why releasing it at the end of June if the effect has already been restored?

BTW, I was thinking that someone should make a patcher that allows the user to merge the many different patched .exe that are available in one single .exe, eventually warning the user if the selected patches are conflicting. I believe that comparing the binaries should do the trick, though I'm not 100% sure of that. Just food for thought.
In this case, 32 bits at a time

Question:
Quote:
why releasing it at the end of June if the effect has already been restored?
Answer:
Quote:
I was thinking that someone should make a patcher that allows the user to merge the many different patched .exe that are available in one single .exe

I have to write a patcher, like the Main Menu Demo Patcher, for this fix, so that it works with many different executables (for those who like vanilla game or those who like sasho's controls). Also, I still don't have a main computer (I had some troubles with mobo/cpu that will be hopefully fixed next week) and I'm currently working on a notebook which I use only for testing stuff.

Last edited by nakamichi680; 21-05-17 at 04:23.
Old 20-05-17, 17:11   #300
FairFriend

lol, I didn't know I was a clairvoyant!

I'm glad that you have not been discouraged by the lack of other people willing to join you on the endeavor of patching AOD. A patcher has been sorely missed since the beginning of this influx of patched .exe and I'm happy to hear that you stepped up to the challenge. I wish I could help you in some capacity, but I'm working on my thesis, which requires me to do a lot of programming so in all honesty I don't feel like spending even more time coding.

Anyway as usual I'm really looking forward to your next update. Thank you for your commitment!
FairFriend is offline   Reply With Quote