Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 26-07-17, 16:05   #371
MartimMonteiro

^ Yes, I have... The camera stays at an angle from top to bottom and just spins around Lara and never stops!
MartimMonteiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-17, 17:22   #372
SLAYER

Mouse sensitivity is too high.
SLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-17, 18:03   #373
MartimMonteiro

^ Actually, I thought that that would be the problem, so I tried to reduce it to the minimum, but didn't work...

Edit: I tried to deactivate the mouse, to see if it would stop the camera from spinning, but did nothing..

Last edited by MartimMonteiro; 26-07-17 at 18:08.
Old 26-07-17, 18:33   #374
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartimMonteiro View Post
I would like to know if it's possible to have the dual pistols without getting the "infinite" ammo... I would like to play the game with the dual pistols (both Vector-R35 & Scorpion-X) but with a normal amount of ammo... Do you think it's possible to have the option to have the pistols and ammo seperatly?
I too have wondered this, if it was possible to add objects into the game. The thing about those weapons is that they are disabled be default. I wonder if it is possible to enable them as a pick up or enable them to be in Lara's inventory by the start of the game or something. Because if they could be enabled as a pick up then I would place them at the pawn shop when Lara gets all her other stuff and I would place them in Von Croys apartment. Logically those too places would make the most sense.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 26-07-17 at 18:34.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-17, 18:57   #375
SLAYER

The problem is that the guns appear in cutscenes. You either add it to inventory at the start of a level or force the player to pick it to progress. non of these solutions are possible right now.
SLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-17, 20:21   #376
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartimMonteiro View Post
^ Actually, I thought that that would be the problem, so I tried to reduce it to the minimum, but didn't work...

Edit: I tried to deactivate the mouse, to see if it would stop the camera from spinning, but did nothing..
You can't use gamepad with this patch. Unplug it or disable in the game settings.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-17, 23:03   #377
MartimMonteiro

^ It worked! Thank you!
Old 27-07-17, 09:28   #378
sasho648

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
^ I've been overwhelmed with the amount of _play... functions
Since you're here, may I ask you how did you make the changes in your executable? I guess you changed the original functions with an hex editor but how did you append new subroutines to the end of the file?
I've had added a new section at the end of the executable using LordPE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
^
Atm I'm comparing PS2 and PC assembly in IDA and I'm building some kind of PDB file for PS2 elf. I've already named 609 functions and at least 100 variables; it's impressive how similar they look. Unfortunately fx subroutines are different, although many portions of ps2 code survive in the pc version in a semi-broken state.
I've found the subroutine in PS2 that controls the Eckhardt's glove effect. I hope to learn something useful from it.
Good luck with that.

EDIT: If you are interested in my project "source", I may go and get it. It's in assembly though. You have to copy write the produced file at the last bytes of the exe though - I've used HxD for that puropse.

I also have thousand of "tools" used for the AOD development for the windows version. I have even marked the exact version numbers. (Things like WIndows SDK etc) I mean I was doing that some time ago.

Last edited by sasho648; 07-08-17 at 17:33.
sasho648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-17, 11:07   #379
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
You can't use gamepad with this patch. Unplug it or disable in the game settings.
Mine works though, and it doesn't spin. However I can't move the camera up and down, only left and right. I have a Thrustmaster Dual Trigger 3 in 1 (PS3 style). Maybe there are some settings for the gamepad for it to work?
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-17, 11:07   #380
Caesum

sasho, how's your work with decompiling TRAOD? Any progress done, or is it cancelled? Haven't seen any new info since ages so I guess it's not being continued anymore?

Do you think you could help or share any of your work with nakamichi? I'd absolutely hate to see all of your progress vanish and I'm sure nakamichi would find it helpful.

Joey79100 - I have a random noname chinese brand dualshock 2 alike gamepad and an original x360 gamepad. TRAOD doesn't want to work with any of them if I use the patch above, so I dunno.

Last edited by Caesum; 27-07-17 at 11:08.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote